BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely Harry has done the registration so that Bassong was still a Newcastle player at Saturday so that he'd serve his ban there.

Exactly. Both sides can sign contracts, exchange money etc, but until the registration form is done he would have still technically been a Newcastle player. They've obviously just faxed that off a few minutes after Newcastle's game finished, therefore cleverly avoiding the ban.

It continued: "Given he served the first game of his ban against Aston Villa on the final day of the previous campaign as a Newcastle player, it meant the suspension continued to apply to Newcastle games and was therefore satisfied when his former club visited West Brom on the opening day of the Championship season on Saturday."

That is rubbish of the highest order. A suspension applies to the player and not the club.

I hope they play him and FA deduct 3 points from them when they lose.

Not too sure about Hunt to Hull. It my well be another turn down after fee agreed scenario.

As for the Algerian striker who we fired off for being unfit, well, they sign Altodore on loan and now Ghilas. They appear to be losing a central defender and have still got Bullard injured.

It may well be as short a season for them as it is for Burnley, by that I mean relegated by Christmas ;)

Not too sure about Hunt to Hull. It my well be another turn down after fee agreed scenario.
Hunt is desperate for a move to a Premier League club and with no other clubs willing to agree a fee with Reading, I can see this one going through. Bear in mind this is a World Cup year and Hunt will want to be playing top level football.

I reckon it'll be different with Hunt because he is currently plying his trade in the Championship and is desperate for a return to the Premier League, with Hull seemingly the only side in for him. He's a pretty useful player, so I'm a bit disappointed that they might be getting him.

I still think they're going to struggle badly though.

Hodgson would be silly to sell Hangelaand. There's only a week until the start of the season and finding a replacement would be very difficult indeed. These days, if a player wants to leave, the club should only sell once he has handed in a transfer request. As Hangelaand has only just come out and said he is happy at the club, I don't see any need for Fulham to let him go. Unless of course Woy fancies the cash.

SSN reporting that Gerrard is out of tomorrow night's friendly with a groin injury - how very typical. No doubt he'll be fine for his club come Sunday.

The Premier League is slowly killing the English national team - although one has to question the sense in arranging a friendly 3 days before the start of the season.

Let me start by saying that I have no idea whether this is true or not. However, the resident United fan in the office got the following from a United forum:

Vidic isn't injured, he is in fact in the process of being sold to either AC Milan or Barcelonafor £55 million and that is the reason he has been withdrawn "injured" for two weeks.

He has caved in to pressure from his missus and although United have offered to up his salary by £30K he has said no.

He is apparently due to be sold as soon as we secure his replacement, an as yet unnamed 6'4 Dutch centre half...

It gets worse...

We were 60 days from administration, £60 million of the £80 million we got for Ronnie has gone on the debt, up to 15000 ST holders haven't renewed and although there is a 20,000 waiting list, very few have taken up the offer of an ST.

Fergie has been given the job of releasing assets for top price (Vidic, Ronaldo etc) and to win the league using youth players and/or cheap acquisitions and United are in the process of massive cost cutting to pay off sums we currently can't afford.

He is also being pressured to buy players on the cheap now and sell at profit in the coming years for the forseeable future to service the repayments on the debt.

If it is true - you heard it here first! Would be very funny.

Let me start by saying that I have no idea whether this is true or not. However, the resident United fan in the office got the following from a United forum:

Vidic isn't injured, he is in fact in the process of being sold to either AC Milan or Barcelonafor £55 million and that is the reason he has been withdrawn "injured" for two weeks.

He has caved in to pressure from his missus and although United have offered to up his salary by £30K he has said no.

He is apparently due to be sold as soon as we secure his replacement, an as yet unnamed 6'4 Dutch centre half...

It gets worse...

We were 60 days from administration, £60 million of the £80 million we got for Ronnie has gone on the debt, up to 15000 ST holders haven't renewed and although there is a 20,000 waiting list, very few have taken up the offer of an ST.

Fergie has been given the job of releasing assets for top price (Vidic, Ronaldo etc) and to win the league using youth players and/or cheap acquisitions and United are in the process of massive cost cutting to pay off sums we currently can't afford.

He is also being pressured to buy players on the cheap now and sell at profit in the coming years for the forseeable future to service the repayments on the debt.

Scotty lad: if this is true then almost all my dreams will come true, the icing on the cake would be dingles being relegated with the lowest ever points total and their fans burn down Turd Moor in disgust.

Scotty lad: if this is true then almost all my dreams will come true, the icing on the cake would be dingles being relegated with the lowest ever points total and their fans burn down Turd Moor in disgust.

:lol:

That is a pleasant scenario you're painting there! Would be amazing!

It gets worse...

I had not heard the Vidic bit but I had heard that Man U's debts are pushing the Glazer ownership to the brink.

I deliberately had not posted anything because I knew the moronic response it would draw if I did. There will be more sales and there will not be any big ticket purchases. The problem the Mancs have is that the £60m help back from Ronaldo buys them only about nine months of interest payment and doesn't repay any debt.

There is undoubtedly a media conspiracy not to expose the disaster that is slowly but surely enveloping the Mancs.

I had not heard the Vidic bit but I had heard that Man U's debts are pushing the Glazer ownership to the brink.

I deliberately had not posted anything because I knew the moronic response it would draw if I did. There will be more sales and there will not be any big ticket purchases. The problem the Mancs have is that the £60m help back from Ronaldo buys them only about nine months of interest payment and doesn't repay any debt.

There is undoubtedly a media conspiracy not to expose the disaster that is slowly but surely enveloping the Mancs.

:D

Give us hell Pipper.

Just to add to this, in the latest issue of 4-4-2 Utd have an advertisement for different matchday packages - the ones where you get different add ons. Suprised that the Premier League Champions need to advertise these - suggests things might not be too rosey for the red half of manchester.

Lescott has transfer request turned down.

What does this say about us then? If Everton are firm enough to tell their backstabbing players to sit down and shut up, why can't we? Santa Cruz, Bentley, Bellamy, Duff...why are we always the helpless ones?

Let them rot in the reserves and ruin their own careers. Let's see who'll take them after they run down 4-year contracts.

Archived