BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the players you listed apart from Bentley had release clauses in their contracts, so we had little choice really. We got the going rate for all of them apart from Bellamy, so you can't really be too critical of the club. On top of that, Everton probably think that City will go elsewhere and that this will die down, as it probably would have with Santa Cruz, but they probably want to keep him a lot more than we wanted to keep Santa Cruz.

Everton are daft turning down Lescotts request if City are willing to pay 22m

Could be city are doing to Everton what they did to us. Say they are offering 22m but in reality it's 12m. then go with a reasonable offer at the last minute as they will both be going for a top 6 place.

SSN - 13.29 Hull City are closing in on the capture of Real Madrid striker Alvaro Negredo, according to the player's agent.

WTF!

Negredo's agent claims Negredo is on the verge of going to Hull!!!

3 hours ago :lol:

Il admit it wasnt in this thread though ;)

Wigan to look even weaker?

SSN - 16.15 Sky Sports News understands Sunderland are close to completing a move for Wigan's England Under-21 international midfielder Lee Cattermole.

Worrying times for them.

Not sure why I'm quoting myself just to say that.

When you think that Valencia, Palacios, Heskey, Zaki have all gone and that could soon be joined by Cattermole then they look very weak. They seem to of signed Championship players too. Championship players = .....................

Re Negredo: Any idea what Nicko meant when he said - "Hull want him on a 'shop window' loan basis and may have a chance."

I'm thinking he meant Hull are trying to take him on loan, selling it to Real Madrid that a season for the boy in the PL will put him in the shop window and get them more cash for him eventually.

Shame we didnt try the same thing.

I'm thinking he meant Hull are trying to take him on loan, selling it to Real Madrid that a season for the boy in the PL will put him in the shop window and get them more cash for him eventually.

Shame we didnt try the same thing.

Cheers.

Surprised no one else is dong this.

Cheers.

Surprised no one else is dong this.

I guess the fact that Real only signed him back in order to sell him (and were pretty upfront about the fact) makes it easier to approach and suggest such a thing.

I guess the fact that Real only signed him back in order to sell him (and were pretty upfront about the fact) makes it easier to approach and suggest such a thing.

That reminds me, Real also exercised a Buy-back clause to get Esteban Granero back from Getafe. He is exactly the kind of attacking/playmaking midfielder we should be after IMO. I wonder if they might be tempted by a similar suggestion - all pie in the sky of course since I'm only thinking out loud and I suppose he could be in their plans this season.

Archived