BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Never heard of him Owen, didn't know they'd done that again. All seems a bit silly considering the relative possible profit they could make on those two compared to the amount they've been spending. Hardly worth the effort.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never heard of him Owen, didn't know they'd done that again. All seems a bit silly considering the relative possible profit they could make on those two compared to the amount they've been spending. Hardly worth the effort.

You'd think so. It would make more sense if they were getting them back to be back-up while shipping out older, higher waged players who may not feature as much this season (I'm thinking Guti, RVN etc).

When Bjorn Helge Riise was interviewed on Sky Sports ahead of the Norway v Scotland international, they asked him if he thought Hangeland would accept a move to one of the big teams and he said that he definitely would.

I'm sure good old Roy is no mug and already has an idea of a possible replacement IF Arsenal make an approach. Maybe even a swap deal for Sendros + cash.

Side note:

Pedersen just scored for Norway! WOOOO!

Apparently Negredo and (confirmed) Ghilas sign for Hull - could have been us perhaps signing these two.

Wonder if Brown is just following Sam, or have they been in conversation together (they are good mates).

Of course, will be interesting to see how Ghilas (and Negredo if he signs) gets on.

I think, especially with Ghilas, that it's more a case of desperation than anything else for Hull. They need to get bodies in, especially up front.

Interesting that he's deemed not good enough for rovers but is for hull. Now I'm not saying for a moment that hull are as good as us, but in terms of quality, if they're looking to survive they should be looking for the same type of quality that we are. I realise it's hard for Hull to attract people but as often said on here, if you get 1st division players...

Think the chances of Wigan doing worse has taken another notch up, Cattermole for all his stupid tackles is a class act.

10.10 Sources close to Real Madrid claim that Hull City are poised to complete an 18million euros (£15.5million) swoop for Alvaro Negredo, with the striker set to sign a four-year deal.

One of the players I was really hoping for this summer. Don't know if he will make it though.

This meaning that Turner is going?

For RVR who means that Reginiussen is a decent replacement for Hangeland - you are way off!

Reginiussen isnt close to the quality that Hangeland is.

He have been selling himself for ages now and he isnt good enough for the big leagues. If Hangeland leaves and Regiiniussen is his replacement Fulham will not get the european spot again!

10.38 Hull City have completed the signing of Republic of Ireland international Stephen Hunt from Reading for an undisclosed fee.

For RVR who means that Reginiussen is a decent replacement for Hangeland - you are way off!

Reginiussen isnt close to the quality that Hangeland is.

He have been selling himself for ages now and he isnt good enough for the big leagues. If Hangeland leaves and Regiiniussen is his replacement Fulham will not get the european spot again!

I see the ethical problem here, but you gotta hand it to the lad - he's allegedly done rather well for himself financially as a gigolo.

Sorry ^_^

VANDEN BORRE JOINS BLUES

Pompey have signed Belgium international Anthony Vanden Borre on a season-long loan from Serie A side Genoa.

The 21-year-old, who is comfortable at right-back or right-midfield, has joined the Blues subject to international clearance.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/?cms_id=78&a...p;qs_media=html

FM wonderkid. Any ideas how he's done in Italy? Hasn't probably set the world alight if he's allowed to leave on loan.

Sorry, I know I've posted this in the fantasy football thread, but I've got a feeling few people will see it there.

Basically, I was wondering, with Aurelio out injured for the forseeable future, it's a fight between Insua and Dossena for left back at Liverpool. Both are rated the same values on the fantasy football, so I dunno who's gonna be starting. Anybody know who first choice is? Cheers.

Sorry, I know I've posted this in the fantasy football thread, but I've got a feeling few people will see it there.

Basically, I was wondering, with Aurelio out injured for the forseeable future, it's a fight between Insua and Dossena for left back at Liverpool. Both are rated the same values on the fantasy football, so I dunno who's gonna be starting. Anybody know who first choice is? Cheers.

Tricky one to predict due to Rotation Rafa being the boss. Have you taken a look to see who has started in their pre-season prep?.

Hasn't Dossena been linked with a move away? Might mean Insua takes the spot while Aurelio is out...

http://goal.com/en/news/8/main/2009/07/31/...m-napoli-andrea

Archived