BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Bravo Martinez and Wigan!

In these desolate days of functional football dressed up like a tranny by the hysterical, manipulative fawning of the self-interested media, it is great to see a team, without much money, trying to play aesthetically-pleasing football. They might go the way of West Brom - but I hope not. To my mind, football is meant to entertain.

So I hope that Arsenal and Wigan have great seasons.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few suprises in the prem today. Firstly Wigan beating Villa away. Though Villa have lost a few key players so have wigan, added to their superior squad and being at home - bit of a suprise that one to me.

Also didn't expect everton to get battered as they did (thought they'd loose, but that it would be much tighter). Letting in 6 is shocking. Was listening to it on the way back from our game. What really annoyed me was the commentators banging on about Moyes on a shoe string budget. SPENDING 15 MILLION ON A MIDFIELDER IS NOT A SHOE STRING BUDGET.

Watching Villa on MOTD right now. Definitely made the right decision with Brad. Hasn't looked very commanding at all - not his fault on the first goal, but shaky on a couple of other Wigan chances.

Watching Villa on MOTD right now. Definitely made the right decision with Brad. Hasn't looked very commanding at all - not his fault on the first goal, but shaky on a couple of other Wigan chances.

Was at the game today, Big Brad looked a shadow of his former self! Especially for the effort that hit the post in the 1st half and for the second goal.

Was at the game today, Big Brad looked a shadow of his former self! Especially for the effort that hit the post in the 1st half and for the second goal.

Friedel had his shaky moments for us over the years, but Villa's back four did him absolutely no favours today. Woeful defending - they want Warnock but I'd be signing two new centre backs if I was MON.

Don't know, but Brad saved goals like Ireland's against ours for breakfast while he was here. Ireland would never in his wildest dream think of getting away with that while we had Friedel on goal.

Don't know, but Brad saved goals like Ireland's against ours for breakfast while he was here. Ireland would never in his wildest dream think of getting away with that while we had Friedel on goal.

Perhaps not, a few years ago.

Everton must be in their cycle, couple of good years then a shocker, they do it on a shoestring budget though....

Man City will not make top four, neither will Villa, same old same old again this year

First games of the season are notoriously unreliable indicators. Besides if a top four team is going to fall off ts perch, Liverpool post Alonso and Man U post Ronaldo are the more likely dead parrots than the London duo.

I most definately agree with the Villa and Friedal observations.

I sat and watched he footie first version of Villa v Wigan. Villa desperately missed the drive of Barry in the midfield area where they lost a lot of 50/50 balls.

Brad looked a pale shadow of himself, slow to get down but he did make some good save.

Their back 4 look dodgier than any of Rovers current defenders ;)

Young played for himself and Heskey was a dolloper going forward.

I think teams like Villa and Everton, and even Fulham to a degree will fade away this season. And it will be the Spurs, Man City, and Sunderland sides that will leap the highest. City will finish in the top 6, although after yesterday I am not sure if they can break into the top 4.

West Ham heading for melt down as asset sales are threatened by cash-strapped owner.

The situation at Pompey is still clear as mud with reports that Gaydamak has given Fahim seven days to complete the purchase but that Fahim does not have the funds after his associates did not clear the PL's new ownership tests.

Not been watching it but Mancs 0 BIG CLUB 0 currently. Whoops Shrek 1-0.

• Backroom

United look OK typical first game of season they tend o start a bit ropey which is promising for burnley od Wednesday.

Birmingham look pretty poor, a midifeld pairing of Carsley and Ferguson is probably only one step above ours at the bottom of the pile.

Been impressed with the ref (Lee Mason) so far

Thank God footy is back

Edit: Benitez nearly just scored for Brum, he looks to be a good un from that snippet there

Does anyone else think its amazing how Gerrard and Foster both couldn't play for England but both have managed to be fit for there clubs this weekend?

I know it was only a friendly!!

SSN reporting that Gerrard is out of tomorrow night's friendly with a groin injury - how very typical. No doubt he'll be fine for his club come Sunday.

The Premier League is slowly killing the English national team - although one has to question the sense in arranging a friendly 3 days before the start of the season.

Yep.

Archived