BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard a rumour from the bluemoon forum that a Premier League manager has just resigned, don't know if it's true or not.

but if it is, my money's on Moyes

My money would be on Moyes or Hart. Moyes because the Everton chairman accepted a bid for Lescott? After his rant the other week about being the one who makes decisions on who to sell or not if the chairman took the decision i could see Moyes walk. Hart because of the takeover and them wanting their own man in?

Let's go through the clubs.

Arsenal - Not a chance

Aston Villa - Maybe, not getting players in, fans getting on his back

Birmingham - Can't see McLeish walking this season

Blackburn - Not a chance, Sam has his man in now (Salgado)

Bolton - Maybe, fans on his back but just got Davies and Taylor to sign new long term deals

Burnley - Owen Coyle won't walk away

Chelsea - Not a chance

Everton - Possibly, board will sell Lescott over his head

Fulham - Not a chance

Hull - Maybe, players turning him down

Liverpool - Not getting money to spend

Man City - Not a chance

Man Utd - Not a chance

Portsmouth - Hart may walk as they have no money, no players, no chance of staying up

Stoke - Not a chance

Sunderland - Not a chance

Tottenham - Not a chance

West Ham - Maybe, reportingly have to sell players

Wigan - Not a chance

Wolves - Not a chance

My guess is the teams in Red.

I can't see it being Hart because of those reasons. He was in the local Portsmouth paper (thenews) talking about how he's the man to lead the club through the tough financial period because he's been there before on restricted money at Nottingham Forest. The only way he'd leave is if he was sacked but even that would be a long shot because the new chairman wanted Hart to continue in charge.

If the rumour is true, it's got to be Lescott / Moyes situation. Can't see why any other manager would suddenly walk out.

Guest Kamy100

Remember this from Talk Sport so it is highly likely that it is utter rubbish, news not being reported by any other website.

I think it is more likely to be West Ham. The warning signs are there- at the weekend there was a report that Strangur ae so short of cash, they are going to have to start selling Wham players from under Zola. Yesterday Brooking came out with a plea for support for Zola and it does seem that some sort of bid for Upson has come in from Villa- both City and Spurs are watching this one with interest.

Paul Hart knew exactly what he is dealing with at Pompey and where o earth is he going if he walks out?

By all accounts, Moyes has dropped Lescott and he would get a big chunk of the cash if Lescott goes. He has bid for Bentley and Hutton, albeit with Liverpool Corporation bus tickets.

Archived