BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughesy, I'm not taking it on one game, I just don't see the same creativity in that team without ronaldo in it. Think they may struggle to carve out the chances they have in previous seasons. Also it looks like the purse strings have been tightened.

I certainly don't think they'll win the league this season. See Chelsea being comfortably above them. Granted finishing outside the top 4 might be pushing it a bit but I think they may have a harder season this time around.

No doubt it will be harder for them, nobody could lose Ronaldo and just carry on as normal. Its almost impossible to replace a 30-40 goal midfielder just like that.

United wont finish lower than 3rd, and to be honest I dont see them out of the top 2. Fergie needs to decide his best 11 and stick with it for a few weeks. Carrick needs to hand the penalties over to Owen too.

On another note - Glen Johnson has added alot to the Liverpool right hand side, he looked quality again last night, if they hadnt lost Alonso then they would be a major threat.

Also Everton - what are they doing, keeping an unhappy player is one thing but to then axe him is just crazy. Sell the bad egg!

Despite what Benitez said 2 years ago and Mark Hughes repeated last week Everton insist that they are still a big club. :rolleyes: Moyes has to play to different rules to perpetuate this current myth.

Ferguson's 'influence the ref' machine takes a few games to get going. They'll be awarding them dodgy pens, sending folk off for monir misdemeanours, adding 30 mins to the end of games etc before too long. If we got the rub of the green the way they do we'd be in the top 4.

Dont think it helped that they were without Vidic and Ferdinand last night, Foster doesn't inspire me with confidence either.

C'mon Ricky.... Just Carricks transfer fee alone would buy the entire Burnley squad twice over and his two huge mistakes were the biggest reason for MU losing. It's all about attitudes.

No doubt it will be harder for them, nobody could lose Ronaldo and just carry on as normal. Its almost impossible to replace a 30-40 goal midfielder just like that.

United wont finish lower than 3rd, and to be honest I dont see them out of the top 2. Fergie needs to decide his best 11 and stick with it for a few weeks. Carrick needs to hand the penalties over to Owen too.

On another note - Glen Johnson has added alot to the Liverpool right hand side, he looked quality again last night, if they hadnt lost Alonso then they would be a major threat.

Did you watch last night's game?

If you did you wouldn't quite be so sanguine about the Mancs' prospects. Agreed they had six out last night but Rovers had six out on Saturday against vastly superior opposition and made a much better fist of it.

Extremely early days I know but Spurs are a totally different prospect this season with the new slimline Huddlestone an absolute revelation. And don't forget Spurs have a very deep squad with some strong defenders to come back from injury as well as players like Bentley unable to get a game. Their front four are as good as any quartet in the Premier League and offer more variation than any other club. It also helps to have Defoe on fire- that was a cracking hattrick last night.

This season Spurs will keep going through injuries and suspensions when you have to say neither Liverpool nor Man U are equipped to do so.

Got a horrible feeling its a London 1-2-3 next May with the Lancashire trio including City scrapping it out for 4th.

I watched the full game, and then the highlights later Philip. If United players took abit of inspiration from Rooney then they would of won easy. Burnley wanted it more, and most of United's players simply didnt turn up.

If Tottenham finish in the top 3, then I would die of shock. Yes they have started off well, but come on........

I also cant see Arsenal in the top 3.

Come on Philip, you cannot seriously be advocating both Spurs and Arsenal in the top three at the expense of United and Liverpool? Spurs certainly look a cut above anything outside the top four and City, but they aren't going to finish in the top three! Likewise, United aren't going to be finishing outside the top three. As much as I'd love it to happen, it just ain't gonna! Also, let's wait a few games before we judge Arsenal. Another injury to Fabregas and they're buggered.

Still, I've not found a the start of a Premier League season this exciting in a long, long time! The playing field at the top of the league has been levelled, and finally there is something at stake for the sides competing for the Champions League; whereas it was always four teams battling it out for four spots, now five won't go into four and somebody is going to miss out. I kinda hope it isn't Arsenal though, because I can't see them recovering from the fall out.

In terms of who will win the league, despite predicting United, I'd have to change that to Chelsea. I'm usually very critical of teams that play a narrow game or a diamond formation, but Chelsea, without a doubt, have the squad most capable of carrying it out. In Essien, Lampard, Ballack, Deco and Mikel, Chelsea have the best CM options in terms of depth in the world. It'll be interesting to see if it works for them over the course of the whole season.

Got a horrible feeling its a London 1-2-3 next May with the Lancashire trio including City scrapping it out for 4th.

Wigan, Burnley or us? :o btw City' aren't in Lanky

also cant see Arsenal in the top 3.

I think the Arse might suprise a few this season due to the varying decline of the top 3. Time will tell I guess.

They'll be there or there abouts but its the gunners year.

No chance IMO. They have started well but the lack of experience in the team will get them as it always does.

Chelsea are clinical, something man utd aren't this year, and have shown grit to come back from 1-0 twice already.

Chelsea played some of the best football i have seen in a long time against us on Tuesday night. We were chasing shadows for most of the game.

Don't think many teams could live with them if they continue that form throughout the season, not even the other top 4 teams.

Chelsea played some of the best football i have seen in a long time against us on Tuesday night. We were chasing shadows for most of the game.

Don't think many teams could live with them if they continue that form throughout the season, not even the other top 4 teams.

And let's not forget that they've already beat United this season, albeit in the Community Shield.

EDIT: oops, I forgot about Rooney's late equalizer. Well they still won, albeit on penalties! ;)

Wigan, Burnley or us? :o btw City' aren't in Lanky

I think the Arse might suprise a few this season due to the varying decline of the top 3. Time will tell I guess.

I agree,i think much will depend on V.Persie staying fit and Arshavin living up to his reputation.

Archived