BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Fulham sign Greening on loan, despite having a 4 million pound rejected earlier on in the summer. Make sense to anyone?

Might it not be for the same reason as Paul Robinson joined Bolton on a loan to become permanent after a year - something to do with helping West Brom out with taxes according to this link.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance IMO. They have started well but the lack of experience in the team will get them as it always does.

Chelsea are clinical, something man utd aren't this year, and have shown grit to come back from 1-0 twice already.

Every year with out fail I put my money on them (Don't like any of the other teams, really), Its a bet for football. Most of there players have alot of experience for there age so they'll come good one year, maybe this one. ;):tu:

Its been them or the manc's for years its time for a change.

I see Villa lost their Europa leg qualifier first leg 1-0 tonight.

O'Neill must be in some trouble. A major collapse last season after selecting a weak side for a Uefa Cup game, losing their best players in Laursen (retirement) and Barry (sold), had a bad start to the season and were booed off the pitch by their fans and now this defeat. I think the pressure is really on O'Neill.

Did you watch last night's game?

If you did you wouldn't quite be so sanguine about the Mancs' prospects. Agreed they had six out last night but Rovers had six out on Saturday against vastly superior opposition and made a much better fist of it.

Extremely early days I know but Spurs are a totally different prospect this season with the new slimline Huddlestone an absolute revelation. And don't forget Spurs have a very deep squad with some strong defenders to come back from injury as well as players like Bentley unable to get a game. Their front four are as good as any quartet in the Premier League and offer more variation than any other club. It also helps to have Defoe on fire- that was a cracking hattrick last night.

This season Spurs will keep going through injuries and suspensions when you have to say neither Liverpool nor Man U are equipped to do so.

Got a horrible feeling its a London 1-2-3 next May with the Lancashire trio including City scrapping it out for 4th.

Your having a laugh mate spurs will not finish higher than utd.Its two games into the season,last year you reckoned villa could win the league.United will finish in the top 3 without a doubt

Final nails in Pompey's coffin?

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is making a new £2m bid to bring Portsmouth goalkeeper David James to White Hart Lane.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Another player leaving Portsmouth could be defender Sylvain Distin, who is attracting interest from Everton. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Pompey defender Sol Campbell has held talks with Sven-Goran Eriksson over a move to Notts County. (Daily Mirror)

Pompey are in talks to sign Bolton centre-back Danny Shittu and midfielder Gavin McCann.

Full story: The Sun

Whats going on with West Ham at the moment, there's been endless press speculation that they are going to have to sell all of their stars before the end of the transfer window yet nobodys gone at all.

Are they going to keep hold of them for as long as possible in the hope of picking up points before they have to sell, or is it just nonsense and they wont be selling anyone.

Philip has been praying for years that something bad will happen to United - he writes them off whether it be on the pitch or in a financial sense - he has to get it right some day with them!

I have consistently said the Glazers ownership would go t!ts up.

It already has dne in that it has cost Man U over £250m in transfer funds that would have been made available by the plc had they not sold out and now Real Madrid have done to world football what the Mancs should have done and could have done without a penny of debt.

Now the noose is tightening- Ronaldo HAD to go to fund this year's interest. In April 2010 £250m needs refinancing or the Glazers lose control. Vidic to go in January is not a bad bet.

Is he that good? Thought he was very overated at Everton - might be a blessing if they are forced to get a good forward in.

I think the point is that on their own him and Zamora look quite average however together they make quite a team and that is what the big blow for them will be

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is making a new £2m bid to bring Portsmouth goalkeeper David James to White Hart Lane.

I'm suprised with all the players that Spurs have been linked with or signed , and the money spent that Arry even started the season with that clown in the nets.

Whats going on with West Ham at the moment, there's been endless press speculation that they are going to have to sell all of their stars before the end of the transfer window yet nobodys gone at all.

Are they going to keep hold of them for as long as possible in the hope of picking up points before they have to sell, or is it just nonsense and they wont be selling anyone.

West Ham's parent was liquidated in July and their Icelandic ex-Chairman has been personally declared bankrupt.

The valuable bits of the parent including West Ham were put into the ownership of the three largest creditor banks with the intention of neither losing nor investing any money and flogging West Ham off in 18 months' time when the new media deal kicks in.

However, the lead bank in te consortium, Strangaur needs cash now urgently so there has been massive pressure on West Ham to flog off players for cash for Strangaur. I guess West Ham is the club nicko mentioned there had been an almighty bust up. Zola and Clarke threatened to walk and St Trevor got involved... again.

I'm suprised with all the players that Spurs have been linked with or signed , and the money spent that Arry even started the season with that clown in the nets.

Gomez got carted off after 15 minutes at Hull. Don't know whether it was theatrical or for real.

Harry has been tagging James all summer but James likes his £90k a week at Pompey a bit too much for anyone's comfort.

Philip has been praying for years that something bad will happen to United - he writes them off whether it be on the pitch or in a financial sense - he has to get it right some day with them!

Theres nothing wrong with that Hughesy, you could say Philipl made us all aware of a downfall befitting a devil.

We can all hope and pray that hes right unless your a secret dirty red Manc of course. :o

Surely Calamity leaving would be a good thing :lol: that "tackle" the other night was genius :P

Theres nothing wrong with that Hughesy, you could say Philipl made us all aware of a downfall befitting a devil.

We can all hope and pray that hes right unless your a secret dirty red Manc of course. :o

I was joking mate.

And no....I have Man Utd. Anyone remember that night when Ward missed an open goal and then Fergie played dumb at the end of the game? :angry: Scumbags!

West Ham's parent was liquidated in July and their Icelandic ex-Chairman has been personally declared bankrupt.

The valuable bits of the parent including West Ham were put into the ownership of the three largest creditor banks with the intention of neither losing nor investing any money and flogging West Ham off in 18 months' time when the new media deal kicks in.

However, the lead bank in te consortium, Strangaur needs cash now urgently so there has been massive pressure on West Ham to flog off players for cash for Strangaur. I guess West Ham is the club nicko mentioned there had been an almighty bust up. Zola and Clarke threatened to walk and St Trevor got involved... again.

Stranmaur cannot get any money out of West Ham as they are in memortorium at the moment. The chief exec(duxbury) and the chairman(appointed by stranmaur) have both stated although there are no monies for transfers, we will not have to sell anybody. Hence why Zola is trying to wheel and deal at the moment.

Upson would be sold if anybody is willing to pay £12 Million for him as he only has 2 years left on his contract and he is refusing to sign a new one.

Archived