BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

My sister works in Bedford A&E and was one of the nurses who dealt with them when they came in. Stabbed in the backs of his legs and had to have cardiac resuscitation as a result of the blood loss; lucky to be alive. Disgusting attack, clearly designed to end his football career, and very nearly his life. As regards those responsible, I hope they throw away the key

Will he be able to walk/play again do you know?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hughsey, there not rumors see three posts above yours.

Surely in this day and age tapping up doesn't exist, this must be all blown out of proportion, I'm sure Manchester City always conduct their transfers professionally and completley by the book, shocked at this one, whatever next? People will be suggesting Harry Redknapp is tapping people up next!

I'm sure the FA will 'vigourously investigate' any strange transfer dealings and fine them all to be perfectly fine.

Seriously though, with all the dodgy transfers and dealings, strange takeovers, clubs being brought and the debt then being put against the club etc, football is becoming more corrupt than ever.

It's hard these days just to enjoy watching football and supporting your team whoever they might be when there is so many problems which have an effect on your club off the field. We all know a lot of it goes on, especially the tapping up I'm sure, but proving it is another problem.

All it takes is a quick text, a word in someone's ear, quick email, convenient newspaper article etc, far too easy to get away with.

I'd love to see them make an example out of City but points deduction just won't happen, at the very worst they'll get a minimal fine (Which they might just be able to afford) and a slap on the wrist.

Taken from BBC Gossip Column 'and finally'' section:

Neighbours of Wayne Rooney and wife Coleen are unimpressed with the couple's redesigned home and gardens. The Prestbury property has their initials inlaid in the entrance hall's marble floor. (The Mail on Sunday)

Well I found it funny!

Lescott is the final piece in the City puzzle for this season.

The others in the top four needed them to have a slow start and to not pick up points, but they already have six on the board. The players will gel together better over time and become more difficult to beat, and Hughes's position will be made more comfortable. With the quality and depth of their squad, I can see them pushing all the way for the Champions League. It's going to be exciting stuff at both ends of the table this season, I just hope we won't be involved in the scrap at the bottom!

Disgusted at the Davenport attack. Poor guy may have to have his left leg amputated! :(

That is ###### up, really feel for the boy.

Gotta ask though....he's 26 and still lives with his mum??

Lescott is the final piece in the City puzzle for this season.

The others in the top four needed them to have a slow start and to not pick up points, but they already have six on the board. The players will gel together better over time and become more difficult to beat, and Hughes's position will be made more comfortable. With the quality and depth of their squad, I can see them pushing all the way for the Champions League. It's going to be exciting stuff at both ends of the table this season, I just hope we won't be involved in the scrap at the bottom!

I think City are looking very good - im suprised how hard Adebayor appears to work for them too - he looks very good!!

That is ###### up, really feel for the boy.

Gotta ask though....he's 26 and still lives with his mum??

I think he'd bought his mum the home where they got attacked and stopped at her house that night. I think he lives with his 4 year old daughter and 7 month pregnant girlfriend/wife.

Will he be able to walk/play again do you know?

Well, sis says they got in their top cardiovascular surgeon for the op. but too early to tell I suspect, might ask if she knows anymore when she gets up.

I think he'd bought his mum the home where they got attacked and stopped at her house that night. I think he lives with his 4 year old daughter and 7 month pregnant girlfriend/wife.

Well, that showed me............

Always difficult to prove but I wonder if O'Neill and Larner might be shifting rather uncomfortably in their chairs this am?

All credit to Moyes if they get City 'done'.

I'm surprised any club in the PL are confident enough to make a public stand like this. They all have their skeletons.

Why would O'Neill be uncomfortable

Don't tell me that you don't see similarities in the two situations?

Both pursuing clubs have made their interests known. Both have had subsequent bids rejected. Both clubs have intimated that they are unwilling to bid more. Both players have 'kicked off' in order to force the issue.

Ironically how long since O'Neill was whining and whingeing about Barry being tapped up?

Don't tell me that you don't see similarities in the two situations?

Both pursuing clubs have made their interests known. Both have had subsequent bids rejected. Both clubs have intimated that they are unwilling to bid more. Both players have 'kicked off' in order to force the issue.

Ironically how long since O'Neill was whining and whingeing about Barry being tapped up?

I agree there are similarities but i don't think that Rovers will complain and if we do, we definitely won't win, it's the way that we are.

I'm surprised any club in the PL are confident enough to make a public stand like this. They all have their skeletons.

Indeed. No doubt Everton did more tapping than a blind mans stick to prise him away from Wolves. I wonder if they've had a PI on him? Smart move if so but maybe too smart and one that could rebound on them with prospective signings.

btw anybody know if Wolves stuck a 'sell on' clause on him? :huh:

I agree there are similarities but i don't think that Rovers will complain and if we do, we definitely won't win, it's the way that we are.

You may be right in which case it's bad for football and I think rather than whinge Moyes needs to get himself a job at a 'big' club. ^_^

Archived