SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Ashton finished.

Retirement :huh:

Interestingly have you read the 2 comments below that article. The first is from a West Ham fan and the second is from someone called Dan Silver. I seem to recall he was the guy I wrote to complaining about Oliver Holt's "racist" accusations about Paul Ince's sacking and I got no reply - he was pretty quick to reply to that Irons fan though

Burnley winning again...

Anyone worried that this lot could be better than us?

Tempting fate maybe, but I remember this from a few years ago........'They (Carlisle United) were promoted to the First Division for the 1974-75 season. They won their first three fixtures of the campaign to top the table, but finished the season in bottom place and were relegated.'

Give it another 6 or 8 games and let's see how things look.

Pandevs contract runs out next summer, plus there will be a 50% of next sale clause in there.

Really amazing deal for them. With the likes of Pandev, Altidore, Banega and a few others seemingly being available on the cheap or on good offers you have to wonder how we have struggled to fill such obvious gaps in our side.

Tempting fate maybe, but I remember this from a few years ago........'They (Carlisle United) were promoted to the First Division for the 1974-75 season. They won their first three fixtures of the campaign to top the table, but finished the season in bottom place and were relegated.'

Give it another 6 or 8 games and let's see how things look.

Also closer than that - the season when notlob towered above averybody after about 5 games (can't remember the season)

Anyway its not them we have to worry about ...moreso our own back yard

Cannot see it happening.

In a surprising twist to this particular Lazio saga, English outfit West Ham United are believed to have agreed a fee for the Biancocelesti's Macedonian forward, Goran Pandev.

According to calciomercato.com, the Roman club have reportedly accepted West Ham's offer of an initial €5 million. Should Pandev move on from the Hammers in a year or two, Lazio would receive 50 per cent of the transfer fee.

The carrier pigeon

Really amazing deal for them. With the likes of Pandev, Altidore, Banega and a few others seemingly being available on the cheap or on good offers you have to wonder how we have struggled to fill such obvious gaps in our side.

Agree about Pandev, very good deal, if it turns out to be 5m/loan then great business, very good player and I think he's suited well to the premiership, clever player, might just turn Carlton Cole into the complete forward who seems to be forever improving.

Archived