BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Comment from VillaTalk on Warnock's introduction to the crowd:

"He looked a little sheepish. He's never been clapped by more than 15 men with flat caps and 34 whippets previously so the 30k at VP would have been very intimidating."

:rolleyes:

And of course 44,000 shell suited 'tashed up scousers. Still, don't let any facts get in the way of your prejudice.

Tom-in a bad mood by any chance?! :lol:

It's just funny what a bitter little fanbase....

Chill Tom. You're bound to get a few like that. It's normal - you turned his head, he left us and ran off with you, the swine!

What do you expect? Don't worry about it, you've bought a good 'un. Shame you went out, the more of our clubs in Europe (apart from Man U) the better.

Don't know why Tom is criticising our supporters, wonder why more of the Villa fans didn't turn up to the game, half empty stadium despite tickets being £20 and free entry to a Europa League group game for everyone that went tonight.

Oh hang on a minute, nobody expected them to actually qualify so not worth the money!

Looking forward to seeing the boss tomorrow :)

Tom sounds tetchy :lol:

Bitter little fanbase? We do well to get the fans we have, you lot don't even sell out despite being in one of the UK's largest cities - so don't make sly 'attendance' digs!

I liked Warnock whilst he was here, but if he wants to go, we don't want him. I am not going to say good luck to him, because when they leave Rovers thats it - unless it was someone like Brad, or Tugay..

• Backroom

As it stands I like Villa but it was just funny after Warnocks comments.

No doubt he'll be back in the next England squad now

And I still think Young is a cheat, he was infuriating at Ewood a couple of years back

"He's never been clapped by more than 15 men with flat caps and 34 whippets previously so the 30k at VP would have been very intimidating."

That's outrageous. Is that for real?

That's over two whippets per person. I've never been allowed to take mine on, or my ferret, even when it was terracing. Probably Big Sams fault, when will it all end eh spencey?

By the way spencey there's a very good thread going, a right good read about the Ressies, I note you haven't fecked that one up yet. Feel free to make your usual tedious post in there.

It's just funny what a bitter little fanbase your becoming cause you lose a couple of players to us, Friedel was a club ledge yet you all swamp to try and see as much fault in him as you can cause he moved on, now waiting to do the same with Warnock,

What are you doing on this clubs site then? If you dont like it...then leave

Jog on Tom, along with your European ambitions.

He has gone for the money NOT ambition.

Villa will never challenge the established top 4 teams just like City wont. CITY WILL I THINK....

:lol: Well what else could he of gone for? European qualifiers? :lol:

Friedel was a legend but its a stone cold fact that he isn't the player he was, but it's apparently bitter to point that out

Shhhhhh, the Villa fan is bitter, his team got beat by some minnows, Ashley Young was up to his diving antics again and the massive club that is Villa failed to get a decent crowd in. Enjoy your European......erm Premier league travels.

What are you doing on this clubs site then? If you dont like it...then leave

:lol: Well what else could he of gone for? European qualifiers? :lol:

Shhhhhh, the Villa fan is bitter, his team got beat by some minnows, Ashley Young was up to his diving antics again and the massive club that is Villa failed to get a decent crowd in. Enjoy your European......erm Premier league travels.

Exactly, only about 22,000 there half full, despite it being £20 and including a free ticket for a Europa League group game. (Guess they'll be waiting a while for that one.)

Villa fans must be enormously relieved by getting knocked out. They might have a half decent Prem League season now.

Surely if they wanted to give the Europa League some significance, they'd have the winners qualify for the CL? Or at least the qualifying stage?

Yep well you've had your laugh at him and at us now I guess, I can live with not being in the Europa league personally tho its disappointing to not get into the group phase so no potential away day.

I'll make sure to give Warnock a big cheer for all of you on Sunday.

OMG £6m?! What on earth is O'Neill thinking!

He loses his head when going after British and Irish players. Downing's not worth £12m either. Young wasn't worth £5m. Shorey wasn't worth what they paid for him either. Zak Knight isn't a Premiership footballer. The list goes on.

Yep well you've had your laugh at him and at us now I guess, I can live with not being in the Europa league personally tho its disappointing to not get into the group phase so no potential away day.

I'll make sure to give Warnock a big cheer for all of you on Sunday.

I've always thought it's not worth the extra fixtures - it puts a huge strain on the squad, but doesn't bring in the extra funds required to pay for a bigger squad.

Villa fans must be enormously relieved by getting knocked out. They might have a half decent Prem League season now.

Like the second half of last season when they didn't have European football to distract them?

Felt even before last night that they would be lucky to get into the top 10 this season. The only thing going for them is lack of quality past the first 6-7 clubs.

Well there was obviously only one reason Brad went to Villa and that was money.

Don't think Warny looked very happy in his interview, looked very uneasy to me, though it was good the way he stuk up for Blakburn.

(the letter between b and d has stopped working on my keyboard :( )

Archived