BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pompey strengthening their team quite a lot today.

Brown and O'Hara in midfield along with Boateng. Dindade up front.

Brown is an aggressive player but think he is poor quality. O'Hara is ok but can be hot/cold, loan move will be good for his development.

Dindane has been touted around for a while, including linked to ourselves, so will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Stoke have done great, buying real quality in Tuncay, great player. Slightly (or very) envious of that signing. Plus Huth is still young enough to become a quality defender if he can stay fit.

They got luky then, bit too klose to the klosing of the window for komfort if you ask me (darn this keyboard...)

Here you go, mum. You have have these to copy and paste:

c c c c c c c c c c c c

:lol:

Are you actually saying that it wasn't over, and Eduardo was that worried about a Celtic fight back that he dived for a penalty?

The tie was done and dusted a week earlier, the penalty changed nothing.

We'll never know....

...I suspect it probably was same as you, but strange things happen in football. Imagine if Celtic had gone up the other end and scored making it 2-1 on aggregate. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Brown is an aggressive player but think he is poor quality. O'Hara is ok but can be hot/cold, loan move will be good for his development.

Dindane has been touted around for a while, including linked to ourselves, so will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Why are English managers so bad? Because so many are so bliming stupid!

I just cannot believe Paul Hart. First he signs the abysmal Mokoena (and plays him in every game - to no effect). Then he goes and gets a bunch of non-entities like the past-it Brown, the soft O'Hara, the unconvincing Boateng. (Dindane I'm not sure about).

The good news for Pompey is that Mokoena will disappear under the weight of the new signings - the bad is that the new recruits are average, at best. Now, Hart wants Nyron Nosworthy for £4 MILLION POUNDS!

Then you look at West Brom who have picked up a young, promising, talented DM, in Mulumbu, for a few hundred k, and you just wonder how people like Hart get to the top.

I'm surprised that Arsene Wenger can get anything done when so much transfer market hilarious farce is going on around him. £4 million for Nosworthy, didn't Wenger sign Diaby for that much?

Pompey strengthening their team quite a lot today.

Brown and O'Hara in midfield along with Boateng. Dindade up front.

None of which are of the quality that they've shipped out, although O'Hara is an astute signing - I think he has a lot of potential. Even if all three come good (unlikely) they're still half a team short.

Cracking goal from Arshavin to give Arsenal a 1-0 lead

2-1 United after a penalty and a great own goal from Diaby, Eduardo is warming up and the Manc muppet supporters are doing dive gestures to him, like United players never dive.

Eboue booked for diving but to be fair it made Eduardo's look like a foul.

Arsenal bottled it as usual, though United were lucky to get that second goal. Wenger's refusal to buy players capable of mixing it when the going gets tough has cost him yet another game against a title rival.

I thought arsenal were the totally dominant team, they played united off the park how they lost the game was beyond me, united just dont look the same team without ronaldo, i still stand by my first impression that united will not be title contenders this year, 6 big points will be against city who i think are a more attacking force than united.

Was a tad suprised by the United-Arsenal result. Was listening to it on the way home, and Arsenal were utterly dominant. United sounded a shaddow of themselves. Missed part of the second half when got home, and when I picked it up again, I was very suprised to hear united had taken the lead.

Think that Chelsea should have an easy ride to the title. Granted it's early days but the rest of the big four are all showing a lot of (comparative) weakness early on.

I'm suprised where Stoke are in the table as well.

Maybe normal service resumed- both Liverpool and the Mancs extremely fortunate today.

Incidentally Clattenburg reffed the dingles defeat and I thought he was back to the standard which made him the best around when he first appeared in the Prem.

Archived