BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Portsmouth's midfield of Hughes, Mullins and Brown has to be the worst midfield that any Premier League side has ever fielded.

Michael Brown is a terrible footballer. Any manager making a signing like that should immediately be stripped of their coaching badges.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked Mokoena and I really hope Portsmouth fans appreciate him because I've always felt he didn't get the support he deserved at Blackburn.

Fair enough he wasn't the most blessed footballer we've had at Ewood and he was never going to attract thousands of bums to the seats to watch him play however he worked his socks off for us and rarely complained when he was left out the team and was always ready to play when called upon. When Mark Hughes first signed him, he was probably one of our most important players when we were scrapping for results. Unfortunately as our football style changed, he didn't fit into our style of play. I hope he gets a good applause when he comes back to Ewood with Portsmouth. Good luck to him.

• Backroom
Portsmouth's midfield of Hughes, Mullins and Brown has to be the worst midfield that any Premier League side has ever fielded.

Michael Brown is a terrible footballer. Any manager making a signing like that should immediately be stripped of their coaching badges.

Agreed he is just a dirty horrible player

What exactly is the use of that tit with the bell at Pompey? Surely he irritates even himself

I believe he is subject of much debate amongst the Pompey faithful, much like our drummer was. Personally, it'd irritate the hell out of me if I sat near him. Probably quite quaint if you're at the other end of the ground

In the local Portsmouth paper 'The News', a lot of people used to complain about him and I think the club ended up moving him near the away fans in his own little stand the club built for him and his friends. However I believe he's now back in the home section behind the goal as the crowd didn't get behind Portsmouth as much when he went to the opposite end of the ground.

Going back to to last week, what a great signing Tuncay was for Stoke at 5m.

After eight years of Premiership money it's a sad indictment that we seem to be being left behind financially by relatively newly promoted clubs like Stoke and Hull.

At least Portsmouth have just lost again. They're the only side I've seen so far who look worse than us.

After eight years of Premiership money it's a sad indictment that we seem to be being left behind financially by relatively newly promoted clubs like Stoke and Hull.

Eight years on the money is the problem. We have bloated our squad and wage bill with that money for 8 years. They have most of their organization still at the Championship wage level and thus have extra money to spend for transfers, which we waste to our 30 man squad on Premier League wages.

Fair enough he wasn't the most blessed footballer we've had at Ewood and he was never going to attract thousands of bums to the seats to watch him play however he worked his socks off for us and rarely complained when he was left out the team and was always ready to play when called upon. When Mark Hughes first signed him, he was probably one of our most important players when we were scrapping for results. Unfortunately as our football style changed, he didn't fit into our style of play. I hope he gets a good applause when he comes back to Ewood with Portsmouth. Good luck to him.

That's all very well but he is a disastrous footballer.

Paul Hart's record gets worse and worse:

- Released Shaun Wright-Phillips whilst head of Forest academy

- Signs Aaron Mokoena

- Signs Michael Brown

Pompey have found the Reverse Sven. Sven is the height of supine superficial opulence in management. Hart is just @#/?.

The difference between the likes of Hull and Stoke in comparison to Rovers is that over the past 6 years Rovers have serviced a debt accrued over the years. Now in the same time the likes of the clubs mentioned havent had such debts as they have languished in the lower leagues before becoming modern day clubs. Both built new stadiums with the right backing and both sold their old grounds for big money, remember Stoke had a massive slot of land adjacent to their old ground.

Last year both entered the Premiership with NO debt whatsoever and neither spent big (although Hull did waste £5m on Bullard). Having survived last year they found themselves the pot of gold in this seasons Premier payments which ahs allowed them to spend much bigger sums whilst at the same time their wage bills dont eat into their coffers like it does at Ewood.

Rovers are now relatively debt free, we know that with the money we have raised in transfer fees. What is still an issue within the club is the wgae to turnover ratio percentages. It is still too high and I would imagine has been addressed. therefore, if Rovers business plan has worked AND we survive the dreaded drop this season, we may see even more money becoming available as the club strives for self sufficiency.

I do see a time when Rovers dont have the "star" players but have a squad of players just capable of survivng the league.

Rovers are now relatively debt free, we know that with the money we have raised in transfer fees. What is still an issue within the club is the wgae to turnover ratio percentages. It is still too high and I would imagine has been addressed. therefore, if Rovers business plan has worked AND we survive the dreaded drop this season, we may see even more money becoming available as the club strives for self sufficiency.

I still don't understand why if that is the case, don't they just say. 99% would have no problem with it, instead we see massive sales and bare minimum coming in and we all run off coming up with theories making matters worse.

Archived