BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was £5.5m for Dailly and £7.5m for Kevin Davies.

'Night ffan. Sleep well. Don't have nightmares.

;):lol:

In al fairness I'd suggest Woy is doing just fine for you at the moment.

Just think if that 4mill bid for Andrews, were true. Ffan would be having nightmares tonight lol :D

Surely that has to be wrong. The bloke was touted around for £10m+ last year and he hasn't done anything wrong.

I'd say in todays market it would have to be around the £10-12m mark.

He could go for nothing in Jan, so guess £2.5m is about right, very good deal imo

Big wages as well.

The end of transfer window wrap up will be interesting not least working out who is at Pompey.

I have a feeling that some clubs who have spent very little net will be looking much stronger quite apart from Man City, Sunderland and Stoke making significant strides forwards.

Big wages as well.

The end of transfer window wrap up will be interesting not least working out who is at Pompey.

I have a feeling that some clubs who have spent very little net will be looking much stronger quite apart from Man City, Sunderland and Stoke making significant strides forwards.

City need a midfield 'getter and giver' desperately imo.

For just £2.5m, I'm surprised that there aren't any Champions League sides sniffing around. He'd be a quality squad player for a large majority of them, at the very least.

I hate how jammy Spurs are, and hate even more the fact that the squad they've assembled is frighteningly good for a side which isn't even in Europe.

A sign of what we're up against

Talking to a Spurs mate of mine and winding him up about buying players twice and how much they've spent. He wouldn't have it and insisted they'd got as much back. So I bet him they hadn't, thinking they'd spent 90-odd million in recent years. Anyway he went away to check whatever websites Spurs fans frequent and came back rather shame-faced (steady).

Turns out since 2006 Spurs have spent £196M!!!!!! They've got slightly under £150M back.

A few years back we used to slug it out with Spurs - some years we finished higher - in others they did. Point is if clubs we used to aim for have that kind of spending power what hope is there for us long-term?

I think Fulham are on a par with Wigan in terms of debts - i.e. if their financial backers pulled out suddenly they'd both be scuppered. As that's unlikely to happen any time soon there's little reason to worry about it - nobody else in this league bloody does!

A few years back we used to slug it out with Spurs - some years we finished higher - in others they did. Point is if clubs we used to aim for have that kind of spending power what hope is there for us long-term?

Spurs ground holds just short of 40k, its always full and they pay one of the highest season ticket prices in the league. Add to that they have one of the biggest waiting lists for Season tickets of all clubs, around 17k I believe.

And they have a Sugar Daddy.

Spurs have to wash their face normally. They had a £30m capital injection fairly recently but that was linked as much as anything to the new stadium.

Taking about six times more through gate receipts and four times as much in marketing revenue is roughly the difference between them and us.

Fulham have debts of around £130m to Al Fayed if everything is counted.

Spurs have short memories. When you bring in too many high profile players, you have problems. I think that signing Kranjcar was a mistake. They've had an excellent start, the team looks stable. Why threaten that stability? Of course, Modric is injured but they have Geovani who was outstanding on loan for Ipswich and recently came in looked good against Doncaster. They have Bentley, who, no doubt, wants to prove himself.

Signing Kranjcar was an unnecessary moment (predictable as it was) of greed by Harry Redknapp. History has told us time and again, if you go greedy for players (think Martin Jol's final Spurs days, Pardew's Argentine swoop, O'Leary-Ridsdale madness) often, you suffer in the long-term.

Spending this summer by the Premier League clubs is reported to be as follows in millions of pounds:

Man City 118

Villa 43.6

Liverpool 39

Sunderland 31.4

Spurs 27

Everton 22.2

Stoke 21.85

Man Utd 21

Chelsea 19.75

Birmingham 19.45

Wolves 16.5

Hull 13