BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Well he knows where the back of the net is (from the bbc):-

Vennegoor of Hesselink once hit 22 goals in a season for PSV Eindhoven, scoring 76 goals in all from 157 appearances for the club

His record of 379 club appearances & 177 goals, does not say he is garbage.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he really as poor as you're making Neil or are his Celtic connections playing a part?

Has pretty much a 1 in 2 record everywhere he's been, and has amassed a respectable number of caps for Holland during a time when they weren't short on quality strikers.

He's obviously a consolation prize for Hull though, regardless of what they're saying now that he's signed.

Is he really as poor as you're making Neil or are his Celtic connections playing a part?

Has pretty much a 1 in 2 record everywhere he's been, and has amassed a respectable number of caps for Holland during a time when they weren't short on quality strikers.

He's obviously a consolation prize for Hull though, regardless of what they're saying now that he's signed.

The Celtic fans hate him more than the Rangers fans. I have never really watched him, but everyone in Scottish footbal thinks he is appalling.

Just ask Jan...

I too find it strange with such good stats has found it so hard to get a club on a free.

Let me put it this way. Don't ask me. Ask Jan.

The Celtic fans hate him more than the Rangers fans. I have never really watched him, but everyone in Scottish footbal thinks he is appalling.

Just ask Jan...

I too find it strange with such good stats has found it so hard to get a club on a free.

EDIT: Ahh, what he said.

Compare whams plight to ours and lets think just who is the better off ?

Rovers = ZERO debt (current), healthy squad but high wages to turnover ratio of75%

Wham = £100m PLUS debt (current and maybe more), reasonable squad but with wage to turnover ration of 75%

Certainly exemplifies the manner in which BRFC is run as a football club off the field.

Compare whams plight to ours and lets think just who is the better off ?

Rovers = ZERO debt (current), healthy squad but high wages to turnover ratio of75%

Wham = £100m PLUS debt (current and maybe more), reasonable squad but with wage to turnover ration of 75%

Certainly exemplifies the manner in which BRFC is run as a football club off the field.

Those figures for West Ham are 18 months old. We have recouped a lot of money since then and drastically reduced the wage bill.

I wish you all the best Mick, you seem to be a real fan. Having said that todays Guardian sounds a bit gloomy matey.

To paraphrase AMS ......... 'idiots with a death wish'. The other side of the coin of footballs foreign sugar daddy 'investors'. A certain sympathy for the fans who held reservations but none for the gullible ones that sought foreign investment at any price. Sorry to say that we have our share of both too Mick.

Surely, SURELY, this has to mean relegation. How West Ham is any different to punishments handed out to Leeds and the like is ridiculous.

Why shoule West Ham be punished!?.

We are in debt there is no denying this but according to the Chief Exec we can meet all the loan repayments and any other bills that are due. Our owners have gone bust not the club so why should West Ham be punished ?!

We have just bought an Italian Player for £6 Million so I dont things are as bad at the newspaper makes out. Since those accounts 18 months ago we have raised over £30 Million in player sales and have drastically reduced the wage bill.

For those rovers fans wishing for a "rich foreign investor" West Ham and Pompey are examples of this not always being a good thing.

I would be happy with Gold and Sullivan as owners not investing millions but keeping the club solvent.

I would be happy with Gold and Sullivan as owners not investing millions but keeping the club solvent.

Me too. Be hilarious. You could change the hammers on your club crest to Dildo's and the name of your ground to 'The Ann Summers' ground! Uptonuts Park even. :lol:

BUT mick.......... do you not think there is something rotten in the state of football that even with an annual income in the region of 60m that you think you need wealthy owners? Personally I'd rather stick with clever ones. btw

btw......... I'm beginning to side with Platini in his quest to kill the monster that Sky has created.

If he can work out a way to do that and achieve the impossible of levelling the playing field and introducing more competition and re-injecting hope into the psyche of every football supporter then it can only be to the greater long term good. The Prem is #.

Providing reports that he moved for c. £2.5m are correct, then Kranjcar is one of the best value for money signings that I can remember in recent years. They haven't got a single naturally left-sided midfield player in their squad, while the one that they currently play there is probably out for six - eight games. They now have quality competition for places all over the pitch. In fact, it is probably the best squad I've ever seen from a club outside the top four (excluding Man City this season). The only position I feel they need to trim is up front; they should have sold Pavluchenko.

Also, isn't Dos Santos a forward and not a left winger? He also seems to have faded into obscurity after failing to secure a permanent move to a mediocre Championship side...

Sorry, but I cannot agree with your post at all.

We'll have to see how Spurs do to see who's right.

I don't deny that Kranjcar is a highly gifted player (although he's never proven that he can consistently be good). However, I think history tells us, repeatedly, that when things are going well, managers should be very cautious of bringing in high-profile new players who may somehow rock the boat.

In Adel Taarabt, Spurs have a wonderful player who they are threatening to waste. I don't understand why they didn't give him a chance this season after a fantastic loan spell at QPR.

Me too. Be hilarious. You could change the hammers on your club crest to Dildo's and the name of your ground to 'The Ann Summers' ground! Uptonuts Park even. :lol:

BUT mick.......... do you not think there is something rotten in the state of football that even with an annual income in the region of 60m that you think you need wealthy owners? Personally I'd rather stick with clever ones. btw

btw......... I'm beginning to side with Platini in his quest to kill the monster that Sky has created.

If he can work out a way to do that and achieve the impossible of levelling the playing field and introducing more competition and re-injecting hope into the psyche of every football supporter then it can only be to the greater long term good. The Prem is #.

Shame we still don't have Dicks at the back !

Yes I agree, unfortunately the game has created some very greedy footballers.

Just saw this on BBC Sport's daily rumours page:

Sunderland have already started planning for the next transfer window by setting up a move for Honduras international striker Carlo Costly, who currently plays for Polish side Belchatow.

Full story: Daily Mirror

I know he had a loan spell in England taht failed, but with his build, I always thought he was one of the few CONCACAF strikers suited to life in the Prem.

Archived