BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the Van Der Meyde thing isn't it a bit strange letting him train with the club in order to keep fit and find a new club (if thats why he is still here?) and yet wasn't it Sam who stopped Jansen from doing the very same?

Agreed. It has to be an extended trial - maybe he's passed Sam's psychological tests (if they exist) and needs to improve his fitness.

Can't see any other reason for him being with us.

On the Van Der Meyde thing isn't it a bit strange letting him train with the club in order to keep fit and find a new club (if thats why he is still here?) and yet wasn't it Sam who stopped Jansen from doing the very same?

C'mon, I think we all know that there was obviously no way back to top level football for Jansen. He was finished years before he he finally threw in the towel whereas there must still some potential with VdM. BRFC were magnificent beyond the call of duty with Jansen and gave him every chance and more to re-establish himself before they were forced to admit defeat. Sam's Bolton took him in a vain attempt to salvage something for nowt but he simply was not up to it.

In a nutshell one was a dead duck and the other is treading water.

Why shoule West Ham be punished!?.

We are in debt there is no denying this but according to the Chief Exec we can meet all the loan repayments and any other bills that are due. Our owners have gone bust not the club so why should West Ham be punished ?!

We have just bought an Italian Player for £6 Million so I dont things are as bad at the newspaper makes out. Since those accounts 18 months ago we have raised over £30 Million in player sales and have drastically reduced the wage bill.

For those rovers fans wishing for a "rich foreign investor" West Ham and Pompey are examples of this not always being a good thing.

I would be happy with Gold and Sullivan as owners not investing millions but keeping the club solvent.

From reading the article they are close to insolvency, I don't think they are the only club who should be punished but this is only another red cross in the box of West ham. they have to add up sooner or later.

From reading the article they are close to insolvency, I don't think they are the only club who should be punished but this is only another red cross in the box of West ham. they have to add up sooner or later.

Why are West Ham close to insolvency ? Please explain......

The messy convoluted world of Pompey and West Ham

This spells out how difficult things are at West Ham:

It is believed that the Hammers have breached debt covenants laid down by creditor banks to the club, which in theory could have tipped them into administration. However, the banks have so far resisted triggering such a move.

West Ham's chief executive Scott Duxbury last week admitted they were only able to buy new recruits – striker Alessandro Diamanti and centre-half Manuel da Costa – after the club's sponsor, Sbobet, advanced a payment to the club earlier than scheduled.

Little consolation to Rovers fans but Rovers are a miles better proposition for any investor/sugar daddy than those two disasters apart from not being close to London.

What i asked previously. It would be awful if VDM joined a club in and around us, and got his act together. We should realy be making a decision on him, either keep him on a pay as you play contract, or ask him to go train somewhere else. I would like us to keep him, as i think he can do a job for us in midfield.

Little consolation to Rovers fans but Rovers are a miles better proposition for any investor/sugar daddy than those two disasters apart from not being close to London.

The three most important reasons in order being ........... Location, location and location.

The three most important reasons in order being ........... Location, location and location.

I was going to ask Philip just that, about location Gord. As much as we have little or no debt, the location is sadly going to count against us.

Apparently you didn't, as it says the accounts are from 18 months ago and that they've cleared up the wage bill a bunch since then.

Well it still doesnt mean they out of trouble yet. 18 months is basically 1 season, so its hardly that much that they reduced their debts by.

The messy convoluted world of Pompey and West Ham

This spells out how difficult things are at West Ham:

It is believed that the Hammers have breached debt covenants laid down by creditor banks to the club, which in theory could have tipped them into administration. However, the banks have so far resisted triggering such a move.

West Ham's chief executive Scott Duxbury last week admitted they were only able to buy new recruits – striker Alessandro Diamanti and centre-half Manuel da Costa – after the club's sponsor, Sbobet, advanced a payment to the club earlier than scheduled.

Pompey - yes bob on. WHU - no, they are a far better long term prospect than us if they get through this banker derived sticky patch thanks to:

- 2,000,000 potential cockney supporters and a developing East End increasing wages way beyond the average wage round here.

- an academy which seems to be able to turn out legions of high quality kids almost at will.

Plus I rate their manager a lot.

It's annoying me no end that a Banker has caused this mess for them and a Banker that will close them down.

I HATE BANKERS. KEEP THEM OUT OF FOOTBALL AND YOUR LIFE. :angry:

It's a lesson to everyone to live within their means.

Well it still doesnt mean they out of trouble yet. 18 months is basically 1 season, so its hardly that much that they reduced their debts by.

We Have sold over £50 Million worth of players Bellamy, A.Ferdinand, G McCartney, J.Collins, B.Zamora. J Paintsil,M. Etherington and H.Mullins with most of them being replaced with youth players.

We have also got a lot of the big earners off the wage bill. Neill, Ljunberg and Bellamy to name the 3 biggest.

It is obvious 18 months ago West Ham were in serious difficulties and in danger of going to Administration but currently the financial position is a lot healthier although still not great.

We Have sold over £50 Million worth of players Bellamy, A.Ferdinand, G McCartney, J.Collins, B.Zamora. J Paintsil,M. Etherington and H.Mullins with most of them being replaced with youth players.

We have also got a lot of the big earners off the wage bill. Neill, Ljunberg and Bellamy to name the 3 biggest.

It is obvious 18 months ago West Ham were in serious difficulties and in danger of going to Administration but currently the financial position is a lot healthier although still not great.

Join the club! We'd be in the same boat but us northerners try to live within our means. Not everyone on here appreciates that though.

Has the relegation / Tevez scam where Sheff U got well and truly rogered been finally sorted yet or are there more financial worries still in the pipeline mick?

Has the relegation / Tevez scam where Sheff U got well and truly rogered been finally sorted yet or are there more financial worries still in the pipeline mick?

We have agreed to pay them an "undisclosed" amount for the next few years which is thought to be in the region of £5 Million per year. Totalling around £25 Million.

Wasn't there some talk that the Sheff Utd players and Warnock himself seeking financial compensation for loss of income too, once the principle was established that WHU were in the wrong?

I think that was a load of hot air.........nothing in the papers about any further claims for the past few months......

Archived