BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Some Saudi linked with a bid today for West Ham <_<:rolleyes:

From BBC Gossip.It could be a long winter if it takes as long as the Pompey talks took

Ali al-Faraj, the Saudi property investor who recently failed in his attempts to buy Portsmouth, is believed to be considering a bid for West Ham United.

Full story: Independent on Sunday

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some - not all (i.e. Madrid or Barca)

Their needs to be clearer rules....poaching needs to be stopped and big clubs declaring their interest in players also should be stopped.

Poaching needs to be stopped, but you can't prevent clubs from declaring their interest. Even if you stopped managers addressing the subject, all it would take would be a quiet word in a journalists ear and it would make the press the next day as a "rumoured to be interested in..." bit.

:mellow: european clubs have been hit already ^_^

Roma(who got it reduced) and some Swiss club. Hardly shaking the bones of the football giants in europe. The big clubs have always looked at smaller clubs and bullied them to get the best youngsters. If Madrid pay £500k in compensation for the next Ronaldo at 17 or 18 then where is the financial reward in small clubs bringing them through.

English clubs are bad for it but Fifa and Uefa need to look closer to home when dishing out bans. The best way has to be to link a player to the club until their 18th birthday then they can decide whether to accept any offers.

It makes you wonder what the french clubs are doing to these youngsters that makes them want to leave so soon after they join the club.

From that article it sounds like Man Utd upset the kid and then Man city just came in and got him after he had already walked out. Hardly their fault.

Oh dear. Bad news for us? Allardyce probably looks remarkably attractive to the new owner.

I think its more likely they will go foreign, but if they want a man to come in and steady the ship and possibly fight a relegation battle then Sam would be a decent choice. Keep in mind if they are near the relegation spots it will be difficult to buy decent players in January which will only make their fight for survival harder...

If a serious offer comes in from a club that can offer him decent finances then i think there is a good chance he will be off.

It makes you wonder what the french clubs are doing to these youngsters that makes them want to leave so soon after they join the club.

Er... maybe they don't have money to throw at the boy and his parents?

Rovers have beguiled foreign lads with a great packages that includes education (personal tutor in English and another language, I believe), facilities, payment and air fares for parents and the lad to go, to and fro, from England and their homeland.

However, none of it comes to much - and, frankly, is a waste because we don't hold onto those foreign lads, the vast majority of the time.

If a foreigner, like Olsson, is signed to feature in the reserves - fine. Young foreigners, those that go into the U18s, lose their way, for various reasons.

Edit: Incidentally, there is a Vastic and Ajagbe playing for our U18s this season - foreign recruits? And those two Swedish players, were they signed for U18s or ressies?

EditEdit: Please respond about Rovers youth team in the correct thread, so I don't get "mod-ulated" for leading astray: Young Guns thread

Er... maybe they don't have money to throw at the boy and his parents?

Rovers have beguiled foreign lads with a great packages that includes education (personal tutor in English and another language, I believe), facilities, payment and air fares for parents and the lad to go, to and fro, from England and their homeland.

Not everything is about money, especially when the players are 15 or 16. It is massive to move a child or family over to another country at such a young age.

The points you make about facilities, etc are valid points and are more realistic than your money arguement. In all likelyhood the youngsters come here play in the youth setup for a few years then get loaned out before trying to break into the first team, maybe it would be better to leave them at their "home club" then arrange a transfer with the club for when they hit 18, as they may gain some first team experience before that(depending on the club)

No movement between clubs from the age 12-18 seems fair.

No, it sounds ridiculous. Most 16yr olds are old enough to leave school and get a job if they want, what's it got to do with anyone else where a young lad wants to play football. If a big club wants him to go there and the lad either decides by himself or discusses it with his parents and then decides he wants to go it nobody's buisness.

You lot want to stop jumping on bandwagons, that lad Pogba was taken by Le Havre when he was 14 from his original club and Le Havre are yet to pay compensation to that club for him. Now that they see the chance to make a few quid they jump on their moral high horses. It's laughable and the only reason some people are jumping on it is because they hate the big clubs. If i was one of the big clubs i'd be desperately trying to get rid of the collective T.V. agreement and go it alone, afterall the small clubs aren't in the game for money. :rolleyes:

No, it sounds ridiculous. Most 16yr olds are old enough to leave school and get a job if they want, what's it got to do with anyone else where a young lad wants to play football. If a big club wants him to go there and the lad either decides by himself or discusses it with his parents and then decides he wants to go it nobody's buisness.

You lot want to stop jumping on bandwagons, that lad Pogba was taken by Le Havre when he was 14 from his original club and Le Havre are yet to pay compensation to that club for him. Now that they see the chance to make a few quid they jump on their moral high horses. It's laughable and the only reason some people are jumping on it is because they hate the big clubs. If i was one of the big clubs i'd be desperately trying to get rid of the collective T.V. agreement and go it alone, afterall the small clubs aren't in the game for money. :rolleyes:

Well that will be changing soon anyway. They are trying to make school drop outs will be made to study vocational subjects. At 16 you cannot smoke, drink, vote, gamble, drive or even get married(with permission). You know exactly what decision a child will make in the situation, Man Utd or Solihull Boro, he wouldn't even be thinking about it. It is not always in the best interests of the player and their career.

I'm not against the 'big clubs', they make our league one of the best in the world and it is every club, not just those at the top of the table. I have no doubt some clubs have seen it and are trying to claim some extra cash that they feel hard done by at the time.

If clubs go through official proceedure then there is no issue. European clubs have set compensation per year of training so English clubs can get bargains.

Archived