BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think its more likely they will go foreign, but if they want a man to come in and steady the ship and possibly fight a relegation battle then Sam would be a decent choice. Keep in mind if they are near the relegation spots it will be difficult to buy decent players in January which will only make their fight for survival harder...

If a serious offer comes in from a club that can offer him decent finances then i think there is a good chance he will be off.

From their point of view if Suliman is thinking "we just need to stay up this year then I can rebuild next summer" Sam is by far the best choice tbh.

However the saving grace is that currently we have a better squad than Pompey which Sam has put together himself whereas Pompey are all over the place. Even if they have some cash Sam might not want to walk into that.

If they don't have any money there is no chance he will go.

No, it sounds ridiculous. Most 16yr olds are old enough to leave school and get a job if they want, what's it got to do with anyone else where a young lad wants to play football. If a big club wants him to go there and the lad either decides by himself or discusses it with his parents and then decides he wants to go it nobody's buisness.

You lot want to stop jumping on bandwagons, that lad Pogba was taken by Le Havre when he was 14 from his original club and Le Havre are yet to pay compensation to that club for him. Now that they see the chance to make a few quid they jump on their moral high horses. It's laughable and the only reason some people are jumping on it is because they hate the big clubs. If i was one of the big clubs i'd be desperately trying to get rid of the collective T.V. agreement and go it alone, afterall the small clubs aren't in the game for money. :rolleyes:

Yes but for what reason would that player decide? - Like Modes says at 16 there is a whole range of things you cant do, and most school leavers dont know what career path they want to take - im sure anyone offered a nice big house and much better cash would choose that route - whether or not it ended up being the correct route for them?!

Would he stick with the unknown club that have brought him up and turned him into a better player or Chelsea on £££'s a week and a nice big house?!

Mutu's plea

Have to say I have some sympathy with him. Chelsea wanted him out and sacked him because of this, now they come back and want a hell of a lot of money. Surely when they sacked him they vetoed their right to a fee? I don't know of any other footballer put in this position after a drugs incident.

They lost 17m! A spell in prison should be his only alternative. Might just make an example nof him to others.

Portsmouth sign Danny Webber on two year deal.

Another sign that Pompey are preparing for the Championship? I can't see what he offers to a Premier League side.

Pompey are so short handed that he simply represents a warm and willing body.

Having said that, this time last year our Chairman was vetoing the loan signing of Willy Gueret.

watching mutv with lou macari and paddy crerand on setanta. do not know when it was shown live but they commented on tevez when the question came up why they thought tevez left united. they alluded to it may have been something to do with his lifestyle...said that you hear things about town which you cannot repeat for fear of being sued...that ended the topic. anyone know anything about what might have been the problem between tevez and sir alex?

watching mutv with lou macari and paddy crerand on setanta. do not know when it was shown live but they commented on tevez when the question came up why they thought tevez left united. they alluded to it may have been something to do with his lifestyle...said that you hear things about town which you cannot repeat for fear of being sued...that ended the topic. anyone know anything about what might have been the problem between tevez and sir alex?

Hmmm. Utd cronies making excuses, methinks.

actually, i got the impression that it was an insight into genuine football gossip. now there's an oxymoron!!!

quite like lou macari. met him in hamilton years ago and spent an afternoon watching celtic v hearts with him. they both seemed to imply that there is just something about tevez that made him an outcast....mmmmmmm???

Archived