BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's crackers are Tevez costing City £47m which I can well believe and Pepe Reina saying Liverpool's title ambitions are already over for another season! Not good throwing the towel in just now considering they are playing the dingles today.

Liverpool are no chance

Yeh just read that myself, obviously Pepe forgets how much money Liverpool have spent in transfers and how completely tragic Benitez is with money in hand

The had the best defence in the league, they only lost two games last year, they have arguably the worlds best striker, they have got a central midfield which is supposedly the strongest in the PL, on paper they should compete against every top four side, seems to me they ahve had actually MORE money available then under any previous Ownership...

When is it ever going to be the managers fault?

They just refuse to see it, they have jagged their two cup wins under Benitez which he won with Houllier's team.

They are still my most despised club by a long shot

Liverpool have a really strong first XI but they have absolutely no squad depth.

As a result it only takes a couple of of injuries to render them toothless, and they also have no 'plan B'. There is absolutely no competition or backup to Torres (N'Gog?!) and Gerrard is their only midfielder who likes likely to create anything.

Johnson has been an excellent addition but right back was never the priority, it's odd that most of the funds were spent on that position. You wonder how they let Owen end up at Old Trafford really. Buying Robbie Keane was a decent idea and it was unfortunate that it didn't work out, but he has yet to be replaced in the squad. Criminal on behalf of Benitez really.

• Backroom

Portsmouth already a goal down.... if they can't beat Bolton at home who are they going to beat? Hull also losing... these 2 are IMO certs to go down. Pompey are in disarray and Hull have not solved any of their problems from last season.

Portsmouth already a goal down.... if they can't beat Bolton at home who are they going to beat? Hull also losing... these 2 are IMO certs to go down. Pompey are in disarray and Hull have not solved any of their problems from last season.

Care to put a wager on Hull? They had some good signings in August and should be stronger in attack.

Care to put a wager on Hull? They had some good signings in August and should be stronger in attack.

Im happy with Pompey losing thus far. That would be 1 less team to worry about for us. Still think the Dingles, Pompey, Wigan, and Wolves will struggle. Not sure of Brum, but they could be in the mix as well. Hull i think will be okay. The loss of Turner could yet hurt them.

My conviction isn't strong enough to put down any cash on it yet. After a few more games it may be, though.

So, I guess I can add the term "cert" to those that have a different meaning over here than in the US? :P

• Backroom
So, I guess I can add the term "cert" to those that have a different meaning over here than in the US? :P

Hmm, perhaps I was being a little overconfident in that statement :D . At this time I believe Hull are likely to go down, anyway. I'd still class Portsmouth as certs, as long as Hart is in charge.

Edit: Maybe I should take up that wager :D Sunderland 4-1 Hull.

FFS Stoke City get the F out of the premiership already. Every season they give Chelsea the 3 points at the very end.

Really, really want to them to go down now.

I am a little confused? You want stoke to go down for not beating chelski? Are you saying that you would be happy with a stoke win today? Wouldnt that be a bad thing for Rovers?

:wacko:

I am a little confused? You want stoke to go down for not beating chelski? Are you saying that you would be happy with a stoke win today? Wouldnt that be a bad thing for Rovers?

That Mr E post confused the ###### out of me as well.

I deeply hate Chelsea and Stoke always give them the sweetest type of victories, and then they go on to beat us. No, I don't want Stoke to win but I also don't want to see Chelsea top either.

Archived