BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFS Stoke City get the F out of the premiership already. Every season they give Chelsea the 3 points at the very end.

Really, really want to them to go down now.

Despite a 3-1 win today, you haven't made a single post that has been positive, you've just moaned about everything (formation, lack of striker sub, Nelsen, Stoke). Makes me wonder why you bother with football to be honest, you don't seem to get any enjoyment out of it, just bitterness.

Despite a 3-1 win today, you haven't made a single post that has been positive, you've just moaned about everything (formation, lack of striker sub, Nelsen, Stoke). Makes me wonder why you bother with football to be honest, you don't seem to get any enjoyment out of it, just bitterness.

I bother because I've been following it ever since I can remember and it's not possible to just quit, no matter how many things I simply can't stand. And clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea are one of the main reasons I have such a big problem with modern football.

But, seeming as you are subscribed to every post I make and are so profoundly bothered by my opinions, I promise that if we beat Everton next week I will say that after a poor start of the season we have found some breathing space. Would that relieve your worries or would you require a smiley face to go with it?

Adebayor did himself absolutely no favours today. Stamping on Van Persie and then sprinting 80 yards to taunt the Arsenal fans - fair enough they gave him some stick but only after he stopped trying, really.

Arsenal fans gave him stick because he acted like an idle, money-grabbing mercenary at the tail end of his Arsenal career. Sprinting the length of the pitch to taunt the fans smacks of breathtaking arrogance and delusion.

God, I can't staaaaaand (Paul Ince's media buddy) Darren Lewis. He was on SSN this morning defending Adebayor - saying it was no different than a few years back when Gary Neville taunted the Liverpool fans and only received a £5,000 fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Neville didn't sprint 90 yards to the opposite side of the pitch?

God, I can't staaaaaand (Paul Ince's media buddy) Darren Lewis. He was on SSN this morning defending Adebayor - saying it was no different than a few years back when Gary Neville taunted the Liverpool fans and only received a £5,000 fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Neville didn't sprint 90 yards to the opposite side of the pitch?

Don't like Darren Lewis but it's just another example of the media's current City love-in.

I also noticed the adebayor celebration was identical to the one he did at ewood in front of the Blackburn end. Granted he didn't run the length of the pitch to do it but he slid on his knees and stared at the opposing supporters in that game too.

Adebeyor is showing himself up for what he really is. Self-centred and arrogant (not unlike most PL footballers probably but he just makes it more obvious). His comments about the Arsenal fans this week are probably what teed up this celebration, which I'm sure was premeditated. If he had anything about him he'd be celebrating in front of his own fans.

He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute - like Neville was - and also have a one-match ban for his kick in Van Persie's face. (Even though I'm sure we all secretly cheered).

Quite funny to hear Shearer commenting on Adebayor booting RVP in the face. I still well rem him kicking Lennon in the head and then saying that if he was punished by the FA he would not play for England any more? Linekar's a puff for not bringing that up.

Don't like Darren Lewis but it's just another example of the media's current City love-in.

Anybody noticed how he gets wheeled in regularly to champion black footballers? Why should this be?

Adebeyor is showing himself up for what he really is. Self-centred and arrogant (not unlike most PL footballers probably but he just makes it more obvious). His comments about the Arsenal fans this week are probably what teed up this celebration, which I'm sure was premeditated. If he had anything about him he'd be celebrating in front of his own fans.

He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute - like Neville was - and also have a one-match ban for his kick in Van Persie's face. (Even though I'm sure we all secretly cheered).

He was apparently very unpopular amongst the Arsenal squad.

However has anybody on Radio 5 or Talk Sport suggested a prison sentence as they did when RVP ran into Andy Todd's arm at Cardiff? Also after witnessing RVP's two footed assault on Ryan Nelsen's kneecaps at Ewood two years ago I really have no sympathy whatsoever.

Anybody noticed how he gets wheeled in regularly to champion black footballers? Why should this be?

Cringe worthy isn't it?

It's so easy to stamp out all the @#/? that happened yesterday. All football has to do is follow Rugbys lead, and not give Adabayor a three match ban, give him a three month ban. That's for the celebration.

Stick another month on for his stamp, only a month because though he blatantly meant it, it is still subjective, and whilst there is a one percent chance he is innocent, a month will do.

How do you think Adabayor would behave after four months in the stands? Impose these sanctions on anyone who misbehaves and the problems go, very quickly.

However has anybody on Radio 5 or Talk Sport suggested a prison sentence as they did when RVP ran into Andy Todd's arm at Cardiff?

Well that's one way of looking at it! :lol:

Also after witnessing RVP's two footed assault on Ryan Nelsen's kneecaps at Ewood two years ago I really have no sympathy whatsoever.

I've no sympathy either. Ban 'em both! Adebeyor for the kick, Van Persie for being Van Persie. At least he was justified holding his face though, unlike Huddlestone following Scholes' 'tackle'.

Quite funny to hear Shearer commenting on Adebayor booting RVP in the face. I still well rem him kicking Lennon in the head and then saying that if he was punished by the FA he would not play for England any more? Linekar's a puff for not bringing that up.

I thought Lineker did make some sly reference to it, which Shearer laughed off?

The only reason I can think of is that everybody else is frightened of commenting honestly but then being accused of racism and ending up doing a Ron with their media careers.

You're probably right. Like clockwork though, whenever there is a controversial incident involving a black person, that tosser turns up and tells us how innocent they are.

Well that's one way of looking at it! :lol:

Once the slo-mo video clip from behind Todd has been viewed it's the only way Jisty. Todd didn't move toward RVP, in fact he was not even looking at him he was watching the ball fly into the net. RVP simply ran sideways into him. Unfortunately the point of contact was RVP's face and Toddy's elbow so only one winner there I guess. :rolleyes: BUT if you continue to think otherwise you are mistaken and doing Todd a disservice.

I thought Lineker did make some sly reference to it, which Shearer laughed off?

If he did then fair play. I was watching in't pub and might have missed that.

You're probably right. Like clockwork though, whenever there is a controversial incident involving a black person, that tosser turns up and tells us how innocent they are.

Could he be a fully paid up member of the Trevor Phillips and Ibrahim Masters school of denial do you think? :rolleyes:

I will say, with the way Bellamy is playing, where does RSC fit in when he comes back?

Doesn't look as though he's fretting much about it.

520x.jpg

My only concern now is that we won't realise another couple of million because Crocky won't meet appearance (or any other) criteria required to invoke the extra payments negotiated.

Archived