BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brum derby is absolutely abysmal.

Villa pinching it at the end keeps Brum beneath us but Villa were nothing special and Brum really seem to be this season's grimmest team to watch.

A Fulham/Everton draw will be just fine.

Villa aren't the force they were because their tactics and playing style have been found out. You can't completely nullify them but there are ways to try and counter how they try to play.

I think they will be lucky to finish in the top six.

Some interesting results yesterday in the prem, with lots of talking about the Arsenal City game. Have to say it confirms my oppinions that City are pretty lethal going forward but look suspect at the back. If Arsenal could defend then City would have been in trouble. I think City will come unstuck against more balanced teams, as despite the clean sheets prior to this I've not been too convinced by them.

Also after witnessing RVP's two footed assault on Ryan Nelsen's kneecaps at Ewood two years ago I really have no sympathy whatsoever.

Agreed. He's a malicious little thug. He'd just tried to floor Adebayor before he got done himself. How RVP can take the moral ground when Adebayor was better at hurting his opponent is beyond me. Having said that I'd ban the pair of them. Both intended to hurt their opponent, the intent was clearly there.

Adebayor should get another match ban on top of that for taunting the Arsenal fans. I'd also chuck in a charge (pardon the pun) at the Arsenal fans for their retaliation. If Adebayor is meant to rise above the taunting of the Arsenal fans, the same argument stands for them too. Adebayor being a pillock doesn't give them the right to start throwing things.

Villa aren't the force they were because their tactics and playing style have been found out. You can't completely nullify them but there are ways to try and counter how they try to play.

I think they will be lucky to finish in the top six.

Villa's main strength is Carew. If he's fit they'll be much stronger opposition than if he spends half the season on the treatment table.

Another way of looking at it is that their confidence may not be too high.

They do also have a Europa League game against AEK Athens on Thursday. No travelling involved but still, let's hope all their effort goes into that game.

Archived