BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

If Sam really wants Davies he isn't going to give up at the first sign of resistance is he? Sam strikes me as a proud man who will go for what he wants.

Maybe the reason Jacobsen has signed rather than say Chimbonda is so he can use the extra pennies for big bag Kev.

Well to be fair, there comes a cut-off point where Sam will have to make a decision on whether to persist with Davies or not if this situation remains the same. If he can't get a deal wrapped up in a certain time he will inevitably change his primary target.

Ergo, Sam may drop his interest at some point, which is why I asked the question:- 'If Sam persists with Davies and Davies kicks up a fuss, what is the likelihood of Bolton letting him go?'

EDIT: thanks Nicko, just out of interest, do you know where Davies would prefer to be at this moment in time? As in what club, not pie shop?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

In honesty I can't see why Davies would want to come here, sure he's worked with Sam before but he's loved at Botlon and he's their captain, if they offered the same money as we would offer I don't think he'd want to leave.

I did predict World War Three on this one when I wrote it...and I suspect we had all better take to the air-raid shelters soon.

Surely by that you dont mean its going to happen?

NOOOOOOOOOO :huh:

The striker signing will either make or break our pre-season i think!

Rsc - Davies

Derbyshire - Di Santo

Ooijer - Jacobsen

We would be weaker than last season in my opinion!

Well to be fair, there comes a cut-off point where Sam will have to make a decision on whether to persist with Davies or not if this situation remains the same. If he can't get a deal wrapped up in a certain time he will inevitably change his primary target.

Ergo, Sam may drop his interest at some point, which is why I asked the question:- 'If Sam persists with Davies and Davies kicks up a fuss, what is the likelihood of Bolton letting him go?'

It is still a very hard one to do and it won't get easier as the summer drags on.

I wouldn't want to be trying to broker this one.

Davies is happy enough at Bolton, it's just a matter of whether he would be happier still under Sam again.

EDIT: thanks Nicko, just out of interest, do you know where Davies would prefer to be at this moment in time? As in what club, not pie shop?

good point - what are the noises that are emanating from the Davies camp ? I`m presuming that if we are going for him again, there must have been some sort of indication that Davies wants to go, whether that be through a mate of a mate of a mate who happens to know JW or Big Sam ................wink, wink.

I`m worried about the transfer fee being inflated as we all are, but we seem to be doing some business in the areas that we all feel need attention (right back, centre forward, winger etc) and for minimal outlay so far.

I`m sure JW and the board have a valuation for Davies that may be far apart from Sam`s valuation and Boltons for that matter - we do not however, have any reason to distrust Sam from spending our money as he hasn`t made any mistakes yet, but has scored one positive for me in the signing of Gael who I think did an excellent committed job as did Warnock :rover:

Sam said he would be prepared to blow almost all of the budget on a striker if the right one became available. With the free/cheap signings of N'zonzi, Jacobsen etc its looking like that might be the case. I also get the impression that Sam is going to take the risk that he can keep Reidy and Dunny fit and not buy a top quality central midfielder.

Highly laughable if we make a huge bid for Davies, don't see how he could justify the cost to both the board and the vast majority of the fans.

Sam said he would be prepared to blow almost all of the budget on a striker if the right one became available. With the free/cheap signings of N'zonzi, Jacobsen etc its looking like that might be the case. I also get the impression that Sam is going to take the risk that he can keep Reidy and Dunny fit and not buy a top quality central midfielder.

Highly laughable if we make a huge bid for Davies, don't see how he could justify the cost to both the board and the vast majority of the fans.

If we sign Davies we won't need a midfield !

I suppose at this point the question becomes : How much is Davies worth to Sam? 6m? 10m?

40M!!!!!

that is 40 metres every time we launch a scud to the dolliping alky.

moneywise i wouldnt give 5p worth of steam off my poo.

Reid is already doubtful for the big kick off.

Nicko IF we do sign Davies can you see us also bringing in a quality midfielder? i.e. shelling out some decent money.

It's still a very big IF but until a proper striker is signed I don't think you can make plans for any real signings in other positions - rather than the current crop of cheapies like N'Zonzi, van Heerden and Jacobsen.

I think Allardyce will more likely go with Warnock and Emerton in Centre mid with Dunn, reid and grella as cover should they be required to fill in at full back. I can see all 13million going on a couple of strikers. Cardozo would be ace. If we got him, then I wudn't care who else we signed (even Mr Davies)!

Van Heerden free, Jacobsen Free and Nzonzi peanuts. We could use from that 13mill to sign a decent striker for 8mill and maybe a good midfielder for 5mill somewhere. Davies, hell NO!

Van Heerden free, Jacobsen Free and Nzonzi peanuts. We could use from that 13mill to sign a decent striker for 8mill and maybe a good midfielder for 5mill somewhere. Davies, hell NO!

I'm sure you have mentioned him Iceman- Modise, I really liked the look of him, skill, a bit of pace and generally a quality central midfield player, certainly would not cost more than £4 million?

I think Allardyce will more likely go with Warnock and Emerton in Centre mid with Dunn, reid and grella as cover should they be required to fill in at full back. I can see all 13million going on a couple of strikers. Cardozo would be ace. If we got him, then I wudn't care who else we signed (even Mr Davies)!

Yeh, that's Sams style, two runners supporting a Jim Fryup mark 2 ( that's a blast from the past ) up front. I like Emmo there, he's not the smartest but he'll run all day and he'll cause the opposition problems. That's if he can regain his previous form. Not keen on Warnock in midfield, he's not got the tools for that job.

I think the lad Nicko mentioned earlier may be worth a look. The American lad up front, can't remember his name.

Who does he play for, and would he be worth a gamble? I'd guess other teams are looking already.

EDIT: Davies is his name, oh God not another one!

I think the lad Nicko mentioned earlier may be worth a look. The American lad up front, can't remember his name.

Who does he play for, and would he be worth a gamble? I'd guess other teams are looking already.

Charlie Davies. He plays for Hammarby in Sweden and has been knocking in goals lately. He is a bundle of energy, quick and tough and looks to me to have the stones for the Premier League.

He is 23 and has enough caps for a permit now.

By the way, if this goes through, am I on ten per cent?

When i watched him he reminded me of Rigters in the last Euro u21 tournament!

Quick, trys hard.......gave ball away alot! id he even score for USA?

We can do better!

Charlie Davies. He plays for Hammarby in Sweden and has been knocking in goals lately. He is a bundle of energy, quick and tough and looks to me to have the stones for the Premier League.

He is 23 and has enough caps for a permit now.

By the way, if this goes through, am I on ten per cent?

I look forward to seeing him in clarrot and blue.

When i watched him he reminded me of Rigters in the last Euro u21 tournament!

Quick, trys hard.......gave ball away alot! id he even score for USA?

We can do better!

I think he did. But he led the line well and bravely.

Maybe you could swap Rigters for him?

And, by the way, terrific re-sale value.

I think he did. But he led the line well and bravely.

Maybe you could swap Rigters for him?

And, by the way, terrific re-sale value.

I always said Davies would have a good sell on! :lol:

I would like to think we are looking at better especially with the cash weve got!

A swap for Rigters would be ok though! :tu:

Archived