BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

nicko do you mean there is another striker being linked with us or are you mentioning Di Santo here?

Two strikers needed. Di Santo 'counted' but the other one is the all-consuming issue for management and onlookers.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two strikers needed. Di Santo 'counted' but the other one is the all-consuming issue for management and onlookers.

Sorry, so Sam wants 4 strikers only?

Benni Mac, Roberts, Di Santo(Mr X) and Mr Y?

I thought it was 2 in to replace Derbs & then another to replace RSC?

• Backroom

Nicko, any idea on the date for the Hoillet case? what do you think the chances are? His potential is clear to see. Maybe we stand a better chance before a big money striker is brought in

Davies can go fly a kite. Dont we ever learn from our mistakes. Jeez, this is ridiculous!!!!! Next we will be making a 15mill pound bid, in a cash plus player deal for Grabbi. Get a grip somebody, oh wait i should get a grip. No i cant, yes we can. Too much bottled water tonight Iccers lol

I'm losing count now myself...but he wants a Big One and he thinks Di Santo is coming...there could be another or even another after that. But the priority is a Kevin Davies-style proven target man who can start and lead the line...with Di Santo as his right-hand man if Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti agrees to the loan.

I'm losing count now myself...but he wants a Big One and he thinks Di Santo is coming...there could be another or even another after that. But the priority is a Kevin Davies-style proven target man who can start and lead the line...with Di Santo as his right-hand man if Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti agrees to the loan.

Will you stop mentioning Davies Nicko. If you dont, Mrs Nixons handbags might start flying around soon. Lol

Will you stop mentioning Davies Nicko. If you dont, Mrs Nixons handbags might start flying around soon. Lol

Davies is the striker your manager wants...the one he asked for first...

And it's Little Miss Nicko's handbags...if Big Mrs Nicko swung one I would be a dead man. :lol:

I dont wonder Nicko gets frustrated sometimes with comments, Sam has a system he wants to play which he feels will be successful for the club, any striker to be considered must be able to play within that system, all the other players mentoned dont really count and even the ones who do, cn they play at premiership level??

So Sam knows a man who can, a man who can do the job he is bought for!! Givet did, Diouff did, so why not trust the fella, he has saved us from relegation with common sense football and he is aware we cant compete technically or financially with the big boys so he plays it the way he knows he can be successful!

Trust me, for a club our size and finances, there is no better man in charge, back him, support him and let him get on with his job, if its Davies, criticise if it all goes wrong and not before, I hope JW does the same.

And it's Little Miss Nicko's handbags...if Big Mrs Nicko swung one I would be a dead man. :lol:

Likewise if she read this :lol:

Modise plays in our local league. 500k is around 5million rand, and 1mill is about 10mill SA Rands. You flash that sort of cash in SA, and those clubs will be keen to do a deal. Modise is too good to be playing in our local league.

I would like to see us take a punt or two this summer, I do not believe the worlds devoid of bargains as they say. At that sort of money why not, at worst he's not quite ready so send him on loan in Jan and see how he does. I'm sure he could cut the champioship and he's young enough to develop so why not!!

I also like the look of that slovenian, Etien Velikonja he'd be worth a trial, effortless play. Eastern Europe is highly rated youth wise its a market we should be exploiting.

Sercan Yilidirim would be another while we're at it Utube

Can't say I like his goal celebration.

I dont wonder Nicko gets frustrated sometimes with comments, Sam has a system he wants to play which he feels will be successful for the club, any striker to be considered must be able to play within that system, all the other players mentoned dont really count and even the ones who do, cn they play at premiership level??

So Sam knows a man who can, a man who can do the job he is bought for!! Givet did, Diouff did, so why not trust the fella, he has saved us from relegation with common sense football and he is aware we cant compete technically or financially with the big boys so he plays it the way he knows he can be successful!

Trust me, for a club our size and finances, there is no better man in charge, back him, support him and let him get on with his job, if its Davies, criticise if it all goes wrong and not before, I hope JW does the same.

The problem is, if we spend all the dosh on Davies, who scores? Because sure as eggs is eggs, he doesn't, and there's nobody there who does. You can't expect this di santo guy to - he's just a kid with no experience of the premier league, we all know Roberts won't; McCarthy may or may not but he blows hot and cold, and our midfield won't. So someone tell me please how we are going to get 50+ goals and stay up. I don't care what system Allardyce wants to play, we still need to score. I know we managed last year but there was a good deal of luck involved in that other teams were even more rubbish than us and you can't bank on it happening again.

There's one thing puzzling me about Allardyce's interest in Davies.

When he was Bolton it seemed a case of working with what he had for the majority of his reign. As soon as he got a bit of money to spend the first thing he did was replace Davies with genuine quality in Anelka. Now that he has a relatively large sum to spend again I wonder why he's 'going backwards'.

Having said that, Van Nistelrooy certainly wouldn't be a step backwards. I do wonder if Allardyce's plan would be to use Davies out wide and have a quality goal-scorer up top, as he did at the end of his Bolton reign.

Sam's comments on Rovers World suggests he is not looking forward to replacing Santa and Derbs. Stating the obvious, he said it would be very difficult to replace the goals of Santa and also the impact Derbs had off the bench.

Heard Big Sam maybe looking at Gaetano D'Agostino of Udinese!

Im just mentioning it and this is by no way gospel, Hes a playmaking midfielder apparently.

Not heard much about him but supposdly a very good player!

I think 4 is enough. Diouf has a lot of experience playing as a striker too, and with Emerton coming back and the South African kid signing we have players who can take his right wing spot. That's essentially five strikers. There's also Samba, and possibly Gallagher too if he doesn't move.

I'd rather have 4 strikers and more money to spend in midfield than spending some of it on a 5th striker. Would rather the one striker we sign (Besides Di Santo) be very, very good.

EDIT: D'Agostino not only seems loyal to Udinese, but if he was to move there's be plenty of bigger fish interested. Can't see him coming here, but would be delighted if he did.

There's one thing puzzling me about Allardyce's interest in Davies.

When he was Bolton it seemed a case of working with what he had for the majority of his reign. As soon as he got a bit of money to spend the first thing he did was replace Davies with genuine quality in Anelka. Now that he has a relatively large sum to spend again I wonder why he's 'going backwards'.

Having said that, Van Nistelrooy certainly wouldn't be a step backwards. I do wonder if Allardyce's plan would be to use Davies out wide and have a quality goal-scorer up top, as he did at the end of his Bolton reign.

I don't think he was ever replaced...

The problem is, if we spend all the dosh on Davies, who scores? Because sure as eggs is eggs, he doesn't, and there's nobody there who does. You can't expect this di santo guy to - he's just a kid with no experience of the premier league, we all know Roberts won't; McCarthy may or may not but he blows hot and cold, and our midfield won't. So someone tell me please how we are going to get 50+ goals and stay up. I don't care what system Allardyce wants to play, we still need to score. I know we managed last year but there was a good deal of luck involved in that other teams were even more rubbish than us and you can't bank on it happening again.

The system allows more goals from midfield and quick balls forward to a target man, if the midfield push on, then the ball drops to them and a pot on goal, very difficult to pickup the midfield, Scholes got many goal for Man U that way, Speed at Bolton did the same, it works, as for teams being more rubbish than us, thats the game, Villa were more rubbish than Everton, so Everton go into Europe!!

You make luck in football, you end the season where you deserve to be, top,bottom or mid table!!

I would love to see free flowing football but to get that we would need two top class midfielers, two top strikers and two top wide men, with a solid defence!!

we cant afford that, the money Chelsea, Man City, United etc are throwing at the game, we cant get near the that way, so, until we build from another way, through the academy, we have to continue as we are, there are no options, flair players are fine, but they dont prform every match and so no consistency,

we havent got the squds of the big boys so thats how it is.

Heard Big Sam maybe looking at Gaetano D'Agostino of Udinese!

Im just mentioning it and this is by no way gospel, Hes a playmaking midfielder apparently.

Not heard much about him but supposdly a very good player!

From BBC site: 1440 BST: Udinese have received an offer from an English club for their Italian playmaker Gaetano D'Agostino. (Press Association)

Related??

A bit Murrayed out, but here goes.

Jacobsen obviously done, a bit shocked. I hear there are big things expected of N'Zonzi with talk of him maybe playing 15-20 games next season. So you may already have signed two 'starters.'

I have got to say it is hard to see the big picture right now - the biggest parts are still missing. Have a funny feeling there are going to be a lot more surprises.

On other fronts...Eto'o wants a massive chunk of the Barcelona 'sale' money before he goes to Man City...Alan Irvine is back from hols and still waiting on West Brom agreeing compo [what a joke] and your lovely neighbours have agreed a £3 million fee for Steven Fletcher and offered £1 million for Hamilton's James McCarthy...Villa could be very close to signing Tuncay from Middlesbrough which would be a rather neat capture if you ask me.

Archived