BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

For what its worth, signing KD would be pretty damn cr@p IMO. But I would back Big Sams judgement on the subject. The fee is obviously the issue, but I'm sure JW will not be drawn into paying over the odds.

More of an issue is, which Benni Mac will we be getting next season!! I'm hoping Big Sam is going is going tober him up in the close season and we get a goal machine next season. Lets face it, an on form Benni will be like a new signing.

Benni was gutted to be left out of the Confederations Cup cup squad. He's had some tough personal problems over the last year to deal with too.

Hopefully the disappointment of being left out of the South Africa squad and a new season fresh outlook will give him some incentive and focus to do well for us at club level to regain his place in the national squad. It's the World Cup year next season and he won't want to miss out especially as it's hosted in his own country.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benni was gutted to be left out of the Confederations Cup cup squad. He's had some tough personal problems over the last year to deal with too.

Hopefully the disappointment of being left out of the South Africa squad and a new season fresh outlook will give him some incentive and focus to do well for us at club level to regain his place in the national squad. It's the World Cup year next season and he won't want to miss out especially as it's hosted in his own country.

Ahmen to that.

The World Cup is defo the carrot to be dangling in front of Benni for next season. Here's hoping the boys on fire !

"1440 BST: Udinese have received an offer from an English club for their Italian playmaker Gaetano D'Agostino. (Press Association)"

I know this has already been mentioned briefly. Any chance it's us, anyone?

"1440 BST: Udinese have received an offer from an English club for their Italian playmaker Gaetano D'Agostino. (Press Association)"

I know this has already been mentioned briefly. Any chance it's us, anyone?

Udinese value him at 30 million euros, Juventus fled after negotiations were about 7 million apart from striking a deal.

Probably out of our price bracket and at 27 years of age, we may struggle for that all important resale value.

If Udinese have received an offer from an English club, my guess would be Chelsea.

I am a bit confused about van de meyde according to this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

it says we are closing in but below his photo it says he has signed on a free Nicko can you confirm has he signed or just about to?

Also this morning: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,20797,...from=public_rss

surely we can't be signing Neill total mercenary sounds like rubbish to me & could we afford his wages also further down with Downing could we afford his wages? England international IMO would be way out of our price range sounds like agent talk to get Spurs to hurry along negotiations also have we ever been linked with Downing would be a good signing also the Barton is just lazy journo talk I thought we said we are after none of the barcodes rejects same goes for Habib Beye I also think MGP would have something to say about that and I thought we could never afford Crouch's wages so that was off as well looks like total tosh to me also doesn't Beye play in the same position as our new one Jacobsen as well as Neill can't see many of them willing to warm the bench for us Nicko can you confirm? thanks

it says we are closing in but below his photo it says he has signed on a free Nicko can you confirm has he signed or just about to?

It says he is a free agent, not that he has signed on a free. A free agent is a player without a club.

AVM has NOT signed for Rovers yet! He is having an minor operation on a bone in his leg that has been troubling him, this week. He is having it done before end of June, as he is still covered by Everton and they have to pay for it.

Sam has told him that he is still interested, BUT, wants to check on him after surgery, before making a move.

If he does sign, it is low risk signing, as it will be max 2 year contract, basic wage PLUS performance bonuses etc.

NEILL...as well as Jacobsen?...would start to wonder what is going on if that happened.

VAN DER MEYDE...sheesh.

UDINESE GUY...probably just trying to get more money out of Juventus or whoever.

DOYLE...it CAN'T be that much, but it probably will be in installments.

BEYE...thought he might have been an option, but does not seem to be a vacancy for him after Jacobsen either.

surely we can't be signing Neill total mercenary sounds like rubbish to me

This bit did it for me;

"Nathan Price hears from a Blackburn Rovers nut he works with, whose mum works with Rovers manager Sam Allardyce's brother's dentist, that itinerant Aussie Lucas Neill may be set to return to Ewood Park."

:rolleyes:

AVM has NOT signed for Rovers yet! He is having an minor operation on a bone in his leg that has been troubling him, this week. He is having it done before end of June, as he is still covered by Everton and they have to pay for it.

Sam has told him that he is still interested, BUT, wants to check on him after surgery, before making a move.

If he does sign, it is low risk signing, as it will be max 2 year contract, basic wage PLUS performance bonuses etc.

We are still dining at the top table. Only now we are crouched underneath it waiting for the odd crumb to drop.

If we sign anymore broken down wrecks from Everton their physio will get his P45.

This bit did it for me;

"Nathan Price hears from a Blackburn Rovers nut he works with, whose mum works with Rovers manager Sam Allardyce's brother's dentist, that itinerant Aussie Lucas Neill may be set to return to Ewood Park."

:rolleyes:

The Downing bit did it for me! As if we could afford Crouch and Downing + Lucash's wages! And as if anyone will sign Downing knowing he's out for months. Boro will have to bear that burden!

No he shouldn't. Only if it doesn't seriously jeopardise any other signings we need to make. It didn't work really with Samba in that we were very limited with him there and most fans were hoping we'd see something a bit more palatable this season. Not unrealistically good. Just a slight improvement. Davies will be definitely worse to watch because he's deliberately dirty as opposed to the clumsiness of Samba. There's backing your manager and there's paying way over the odds for a very limited player. Personally I don't want Davies at any price, but if we do have to put up with him then, whoever throws a temper tantrum, it has to be at a price that leaves cash to spare for other players or not at all.

So we should be able to influence who Sam can and cannot sign?

And we should be able to aid in his tactical choices?

I can't see how we would need VDM or Neill

Completely agree with Neill, but we definitely need another wide player. If Diouf or Pedersen are out then we're going to struggle badly for a winger. I know we now have van Heerden on the books but Sam himself has said he doesn't expect him to play much in the first part of the season.

Alan Irvine is back from hols and still waiting on West Brom agreeing compo [what a joke]

PNE chairman now says Irvine has turned the job down, sounds like a strange one.

Dave Jones was on TalkSport yesterday and wouldn't really rule himself out when asked.

So we should be able to influence who Sam can and cannot sign?

And we should be able to aid in his tactical choices?

No, but the chairman has to think very carefully about the cash available and whether it really is wise to blow your entire budget or the vast majority of it on one man. Tactics are up to Allardyce, but as I've said countless times where do you, with our current midfield with its injury history, see goals coming from if the guy up front doesn't score them and we've all seen how many/few davies scores? No good his bringing the midfield into play if the midfield are useless and currently most of them are not up to scratch. therefore if he wants to play the style or lack of it that everyone suggests, then he needs to not spend so much on Davies that he has none left to buy someone who can actually put the ball in the net on a reasonably regular basis, and preferably 2 of them as few people nowadays get 20 or more a season.

PNE chairman now says Irvine has turned the job down, sounds like a strange one.

Dave Jones was on TalkSport yesterday and wouldn't really rule himself out when asked.

Irv spoke to them and was not sure he liked what he heard...I will leave it at that

Jones was only a name mentioned at first but never got past first base.

Archived