BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Davies doesn't have an injury record though really does he?? Has he had a serious injury in the last 7 years?? Training has really moved on in the last ten years and so we can get more out of players. Scholes Giggs could still influence games in their mid thirties, Teddy and Tugays (well almost) in their 40's. Paolo Maldini??? Ac milan as a whole.

32 is not what it used to be, especially when you haven't had serious injuries. Davies is far lower risk than say Jacobsen, Dunn, Reid, Emerton.

Big Sam:

"John told me on Thursday that Kevin Davies is not available," said Allardyce. "As far as I'm concerned that is it."

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Davies could do well for us, if he comes in, and for a decent price.

For one, he'd weaken Bolton if he left, plus he'd be working under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him. Whereas last time, well, it was under a different manager, who didn't exactly do well either.

Still, if the Di Santos deal comes off, there's still a whole two months to sort out maybe a striker or two plus any additional midfielder, although it would be preferable to get them in earlier to gel before the season starts.

Big Sam:

"John told me on Thursday that Kevin Davies is not available," said Allardyce. "As far as I'm concerned that is it."

I think thats how Sam does his business the exact same thing was said with diouf in Jan if I remember Sam said we tried but Sunderland want to keep him. hmm

Davies doesn't have an injury record though really does he?? Has he had a serious injury in the last 7 years??

32 is not what it used to be, especially when you haven't had serious injuries. Davies is far lower risk than say Jacobsen, Dunn, Reid, Emerton.

Not awful but Davies was out for some time during the 07/08 season.

BBC early season injury - Hamstring

Further injury - Hand

He still managed to get 13 yellow cards in that season though! Over 3 times more than the goals he managed.

Dunn was a risk when he bought and we knew that.

Reid and Emerton had no bad injury record prior to joining us.

Jacobsen has dislocated a shoulder, so I doubt that will majorly affect his ability to boot a ball 80 yards onto Davies' head.

Where did I say that I was informed on the youth development in this country? All I know is that under sam's guidance as the boss, bolton's academy for the past 10 years has been shyte. No funds, using Bolton School facilities for games, school gyms all across bolton....on top of that, a real lack of flair in the old coaching department. I could tell you some stories...If that's what you call world class coaching, then you don't have a clue what you're on about. On the other hand, my son is now at another local premiership football club's academy and the difference is light years.

Majiball, you are talking rubbish mate. ;)

Have I read the wrong thread here, didnt Majiball say Megson ripped the academy apart??

So your son must have been at the academy at Bolton ? if you can compare, was he at Bolton for you to compare with his present club?

Funds for academies are budgeted by the board not the manager, the manager can lay down a blueprint, say what is needed and then it takes off from there, much of the work under Dalglish's managership did not come to fruition till a few years later with Duff & Dunn, Beattie etc its not instananious and takes time.

I can tell you that my son from University prior to his degree, was directed to the reebok on a learning project as they were far advanced to that of most clubs in the country with regard to player development and the scientific approch to the game,

I would have thought that the tutors would be pretty clued up and to send their students there would be extremely foolish if they were as rubbish as you claim.

I was just stood at my front door on Nuttall Street and saw 2 big black range rovers go down the street into the rovers carpark. I was 99% certain that one of the drivers was our old goalkeeping coach Eddie (something or other), the one who used to play at Chelsea. I then saw him walk into the Reception at Rovers and am now 100% certain that it was him. What is going on?

Big Sam:

Steve Bruce told Mark Hughes 'there is no way Robbie Savage will leave Biormingham City, he is our most important player and Mark Hughes can forget that bid, he's not for sale at any price' ;)

I think thats how Sam does his business the exact same thing was said with diouf in Jan if I remember Sam said we tried but Sunderland want to keep him. hmm

Ok I give up. If people want to discuss every of aspect of a no-go transfer then I should just stay in my reality bubble.

Just remember this before posting more about his potenital for getting injured or the other aspects of the transfer.

1. Davies is not for sale Bolton says.

2. Big Sam he has given up by his own admission.

3. It would be an very expensive deal. Would Williams and the board sanction such a deal?

4. Would Kevin Davies even come?

Steve Bruce told Mark Hughes 'there is no way Robbie Savage will leave Biormingham City, he is our most important player and Mark Hughes can forget that bid, he's not for sale at any price' ;)

Ok, so to get a deal we need either Davies to claim he needs the move to get closer to his parents like Savage, or do a Diouf by getting into a fight with a team-mate and threaten to kill him. Something tell me Davies is not that keen on a move.

Benni out fishing again.

Not sue if this is recent, some comments do however suggest it could be.

"I don't listen much to what is said in the newspapers. :lol: I have my own character, but nobody can doubt my professionalism in the game,"

"I have scheduled a meeting with the club and I'm open to anything. A lot can happen but I do not want to think too far ahead.

"Some clubs have asked about me and that is normal because they are familiar with me. They (Spain or Portugal) would make good destination if I eventually decide to leave the Premier League," he said.

The former Celta Vigo striker went on to say that he was left frustrated by not holding down a regular starting place last season.

"I am not too satisfied because I perhaps should have had more opportunities than my other team-mates.

"But it is a decision that the manager makes and I accept what he says," he concluded.

Benni

TBH I agree with this. He spent way too much time on the bench last season. And despite that was still out top scorer.

Where did I say that I was informed on the youth development in this country? All I know is that under sam's guidance as the boss, bolton's academy for the past 10 years has been shyte. No funds, using Bolton School facilities for games, school gyms all across bolton....on top of that, a real lack of flair in the old coaching department. I could tell you some stories...If that's what you call world class coaching, then you don't have a clue what you're on about. On the other hand, my son is now at another local premiership football club's academy and the difference is light years.

Majiball, you are talking rubbish mate. ;)

So having the foresight to move the whole academy across to a holistic training method gains no merit. Even if he advocated this ten years before the FA said every single youth coach must train kids like this???

As I stated Sam set up the blue print no more.

You do realise that the academy manager runs the actual coaching and is responsible for them, not Sam. You do also realise that he would also hire all the coaches as well. Your aiming your angry at the wrong man if in your opinion it was poor.

Budgets would be set by the money men, again not Sam but you seem to think he's got 100 hands if he can run the first team and the academy sort out the budgets book pitches and so on. I know plenty of academies with worse facilities than those Bolton where using you do know how much they cost an hour to hire?

Oh and by the way the most common excuse in football, blame the man before you.

I'm guessing you don't have your badges you haven't studied coaching and what methods gain the best results, my opinion comes from fact and research. As did Sam's.

Whether you like the style or not the method is proven all across the world Holistic training gains the best development go and ask the Spanish, Brazilian, Argentinian Czechs, Germans or the French. If executed in the correct manner there is currently no better method of training on the planet, FACT, scientific FACT. Its why Universities like Loughbourgh (physiology) and Exeter (paediatrics) and LJMU (coaching), where asked to write the new badges. Now I wonder what premiership club had a link to LJMU for over ten years??? I also know one or two of the people who wrote the badges they don't speak about Sam as you do in this aspect. No one at our Uni would say a bad word about Sam in this aspect, never. He is one of the reasons we were able to prove it worked better than any other method.

The methodology is more than sound, as for the execution thats just your opinion no more, but it does not mean the method is flawed or that Sam is clueless for choosing it. Sam deserves credit for seeing that the method was the way forward he would have charged the guy RESPONSIBLE for the academy to achieve this.

You claimed Sam knew nothing about Youth I told your talking rubbish, the new badges are proof of that Sam asked for that style 10 years ago. Whether the man in charge/coaches managed it or not (in your opinion) does not detract from the fact the Sam made the right choice. He saw it before the rest of the country did and as such is not as clueless about youth as you perceive him to be.

Your obviously unable to distinguish that from the actual coaches/execution, the idea works.

Have I read the wrong thread here, didnt Majiball say Megson ripped the academy apart??

So your son must have been at the academy at Bolton ? if you can compare, was he at Bolton for you to compare with his present club?

Funds for academies are budgeted by the board not the manager, the manager can lay down a blueprint, say what is needed and then it takes off from there, much of the work under Dalglish's managership did not come to fruition till a few years later with Duff & Dunn, Beattie etc its not instananious and takes time.

I can tell you that my son from University prior to his degree, was directed to the reebok on a learning project as they were far advanced to that of most clubs in the country with regard to player development and the scientific approch to the game,

I would have thought that the tutors would be pretty clued up and to send their students there would be extremely foolish if they were as rubbish as you claim.

Majiball hasn't got a clue about that.

Yes he was at bolton when sam was in charge..when your son gets scouted at bolton they say that sam is 100% behind the academy etc...blah blah...but in reality it doesn't seem that way....you used to other places to watch games and they all had better facilities for the kids...even Barnsley ......apart from all that youl cant get away from the fact that the very first thing a coach at bolton said to my son was....."stop it with all that step over nonesense..." He was 8 at the time...they don't have any regard for skill. I couldn't get him out of there quick enough...he's 10 now and happy.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Just like to mention that briansol over in Scandinavialand has made it into today's digest and not just because...

it's his birthday :P

Open the curtains and banish the thoughts of Stoke away! :D

And most of all, have a good one!

People working for that website must think they have it made. They get all the perks of being a genuine football news source without actually finding anything out for themselves.

Makes me hoot. Try to take the mick and yet their reviews of the papers are nothing less than an idle rip-off.

I think they had 12 of my tales in their round-up the other day.

Can't remember them paying for that either.

Funnily enough I think a couple of the slugs tried to make it in real newspapers and got binned. Would love to bump into them, but we don't move in the same circles.

Above ground, that is.

I was just stood at my front door on Nuttall Street and saw 2 big black range rovers go down the street into the rovers carpark. I was 99% certain that one of the drivers was our old goalkeeping coach Eddie (something or other), the one who used to play at Chelsea. I then saw him walk into the Reception at Rovers and am now 100% certain that it was him. What is going on?

My Mates going out with his daughter and their in Dubai.......Doubt hes at Ewood

Kevin Hitchcock by the way!

Archived