BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

No and there's no point in paying a lot of money for Davies if we don't have anyone capable of sticking the ball in the net when he knocks it down. and that's the problem that i've pointed out several times. Our current squad does not strike me, even if the midfielders get and stay fit, as a squad that will score enough goals. And if we invest too much in one target man, we can't buy other players. I'm not primarily concerned with resale value - that's a nice bonus - but I am concerned that we do look like relegation candidates as it stands and I can't see that being much better with just the acquisition of Davies and one other possible striker especially if that is an untried Chelsea reserve. We have been crying out for a decent midfield for the last couple of seasons now and we get a new manager who still doesn't seem to see that we basically don't have and haven't had for the last season a half way decent defensive midfielder and someone who supplies creativity. I'm not blaming Mr Nixon for that - he's the messenger that's all. I just can't see though why he has become in some ways an apologist for allardyce. It seems as though this issue is even more divisive than the managerial appointment last year. I don't want Davies. I'll put up with him if he comes but I worry about the cost to our club of neglecting other areas of the team that have needed tlc for years if we have to spend over the odds on a journeyman like him.

Spot on!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the Di Matteo tip Nicko :D

Apologies to all of those - like me - who backed Irv.

Di Matteo met them last week, but Irv saw them twice and was getting it until they met...draw a veil on it after that if you don't mind.

Did you get 33s?

Slightly better, had some winnings from a horse so put it on what I had in my account.

Tried putting a tenner on at 66/1 but something kicked in and only let me bet £3.78 and then automatically cut the odds.

de2wt5.gif

Shame I don't have a missus at the minute or I would have bought one of your daughters handbags :lol:

If you know anyone doing anything for charity that can be sponsored online let me know and I'll donate something, now or in the future.

Thanks again.

Nicko...or any one else for that matter...

whats the craic with Martins @ newcastle? is he available? thought someone might have went in for him by now.

also, with Saviola signing for benfica... could that open the door for us and a move for cardoza?

Nicko, what odds on Paul Ince back to MK Dons?

If you get that market let me know please... :)

Nicko...or any one else for that matter...

whats the craic with Martins @ newcastle? is he available? thought someone might have went in for him by now.

also, with Saviola signing for benfica... could that open the door for us and a move for cardoza?

Martins can go, but there don't seem to be many takers. Did himself no favours at the end of the season one way or another.

Cardozo is available. But the price is something ridiculous. Rovers got 'used' in a story last week from Benfica - trying to spark an auction. Nobody is signing him for that much.

Sorry but I honestly feel that too many on here don't fully appreciate the situation we are in. Yes we signed so and so two three years ago for peanuts, but now players move for 80M, 50M and so on back then Zidane was still considered expensive, the bars moved up again. The markets gone crazy and we will struggle to keep up one mistake with our finances as they currently are and we're in trouble, just like last year.

I'd love youth here, Christ I must have the most posts in the youth thread. But we can't get it wrong, Sam's earnt the right to our support and trust but yet we question him. I'm not going to claim to love his style but it works we know it. Davies could come straight in no adaptation at all required he lives locally as well its the safest option by a country mile. Its not ideal, its not perfect but we can't afford that, we need a guaranteed signing.

Sam got Jacobsen on a free most seem happy enough with that and he got him for nothing. He's as canny as Harry (before his millions) he'll wheel and deal and you know if he does it his way we'll still be in the league next year.

We gambled last summer, look what that cost us £Millions and Millions, we need stability we need to stay in the league Sam's way grantee's that. Let him do his job how he feels he needs too.

Keeping Rovers in the league year in year out is a hell of a job, Sam's done it before in exactly the same sort of circumstances, European finishes in the league and a cup final appearance, that even eluded Hughes. If he gets to do it his way we'll do fine and we'll get the stability back and we'll win some games.

Pretty much agree with all of this, I can't say I'm particulary delighted at the way BFS is going to do things and wish it could be a bit 'prettier' but right now we need to re-establish ourselves in the league as I said before and this is the way we need to move forward. He has my full support and if in we do end up getting Davies then I'll give him another chance and hope he can put in a decent stint for us, hopefully though not costing anywhere near the 10m figure Bolton seem to want.

Pretty much agree with all of this, I can't say I'm particulary delighted at the way BFS is going to do things and wish it could be a bit 'prettier' but right now we need to re-establish ourselves in the league as I said before and this is the way we need to move forward. He has my full support and if in we do end up getting Davies then I'll give him another chance and hope he can put in a decent stint for us, hopefully though not costing anywhere near the 10m figure Bolton seem to want.

I think it's that bit that has more people worried than are worried about his previous history with us. I can't remember much about him when he was at Rovers as he played so rarely, but I don't like what i've seen of him since. But it's not that that bothers me - it's the price we might have to pay.

11o'clocker tonight Nicko?

Early one...want to see CSI Miami's return [taped].

Ince is talking to MK Dons...not sure he will take it.

Valencia done, Fletcher done, Eto'o lawyer playing a blinder and screwing Barca in public.

No Rovers news...still running around looking for a striker.

Strange day. That nice Alan Irvine gets messed around by West Brom and EwoodGlory makes a mint on a tip he should never have won with.

That is almost cosmic.

All the best.

Apologies to all of those - like me - who backed Irv.

Di Matteo met them last week, but Irv saw them twice and was getting it until they met...draw a veil on it after that if you don't mind.

Did you get 33s?

I had the betting slip filled out with £20 on Di Matteo at 33`s until a little bird said he WASN`T getting it! :rolleyes:

Still,it did look at the time as though Irvine was getting the gig,just shows how things can change so quickly!

Guest Kamy100

In this morning's Lancashire Telegraph John Williams has confirmed that Rovers are interested in Di Santo, they have also been looking for a proven Premier League goalscorer but may now have to look abroad. JW also says that Rovers made NO enquiry for Kevin Davies, it was Bolton chairman Phil Gartside who rang Rovers to seek clarification on the rumours. To me this suggests that should Rovers want Davies then Bolton may be willing to sell him.

In this morning's Lancashire Telegraph John Williams has confirmed that Rovers are interested in Di Santo, they have also been looking for a proven Premier League goalscorer but may now have to look abroad. JW also says that Rovers made NO enquiry for Kevin Davies, it was Bolton chairman Phil Gartside who rang Rovers to seek clarification on the rumours. To me this suggests that should Rovers want Davies then Bolton may be willing to sell him.

with JW telling Sam that Davies was not available on his return from holiday, I suspect that Gartside may have dropped in to the conversation with JW that he wasn`t available in no uncertain terms !

this to me does not suggest that bolton would be willing to sell, unless they receive a stupid offer, which is the situation Nicko has made us aware of for a while.

Very interesting to know that Gartside called JW though, must have been worried about losing his prize fighter :D

they have also been looking for a proven Premier League goalscorer but may now have to look abroad. .

I'm glad we are looking around. Every player is unproven in the premier league at some point. Gignac linked with Wigan move this morning.

Gignac linked with Wigan move this morning.

I haven't seen this one, but I have seen it mentioned that Gignac is on Manchester United's shopping list.

It sounds as a agent who wants to sell.

With price mentioned at €11m I say he is really worth a shout for Rovers.

Archived