SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daily Mirror:

"Benni McCarthy may leave Blackburn to return to Celta Vigo."

Hope not! Even though he can be lazy at times, he is our best striker by far when he's match fit and fired up.

Next years team:

Jacobsen - Givet - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock

Diouf - Emerton - Grella - Dunn - Pedersen

Presumably Andy Van Der Meyde is beginning to get more than just a bit desperate.

In which case a normal human being type basic linked to a Premier League appearance bonus scheme is a no-risk no-brainer so long as he is not disruptive at the training ground.

Before everton, Van der meyde was considered one of europe's best wingers...If he's free and on a relatively low wage, then it's not so much a gamble....could turn into a good deal for us.

just been talking to some Everton fans at work who claim he isn't even worth a gamble on low wages as he is interested ( like a lot of footballers hes more than comfortable for the rest of his life ) , boozes a lot and shows very little commitment to the cause .

just been talking to some Everton fans at work who claim he isn't even worth a gamble on low wages as he is interested ( like a lot of footballers hes more than comfortable for the rest of his life ) , boozes a lot and shows very little commitment to the cause .

All those things can be reversed under a good motivator. Unlike lack of ability.

I'm glad we are looking around. Every player is unproven in the premier league at some point. Gignac linked with Wigan move this morning.

They have been looking around the WHOLE season and watching particular targets, if they are not prepared to spend the money on players they have spent a lot of money over the season scouting what the hell makes you think they will pull a rabbit out the hat now.

Sam wants Davies, that is blatantly obvious, more obvious with the lack of effort to try for another forward.

They have been looking around the WHOLE season and watching particular targets, if they are not prepared to spend the money on players they have spent a lot of money over the season scouting what the hell makes you think they will pull a rabbit out the hat now.

Sam wants Davies, that is blatantly obvious, more obvious with the lack of effort to try for another forward.

Excuse me, but how do you know that nothing is happening behind the curtains?

if they are not prepared to spend the money on players they have spent a lot of money over the season scouting what the hell makes you think they will pull a rabbit out the hat now.

Well there is £13m burning a hole in Big Sams pocket.

Sam may want Davies but if the fee is to large he will have to look elsewhere. You can't justify paying way over the odds when we are on a tight budget. So get back to your scouting books and find the very tall rabbit.

There are younger players with the ability out there, but that don't have the proven premier league record and according to the LET we are now looking at them again, so there is your rabbit Mr Daniels!

Precisely.

They started watching Janko last August, and all season. Same with Dzeko (who is way out our league now).

Same players watched in the same locations all season, so if they were not impressed why keep going back and going back and going back?

Im afraid it looks like the 'rabbit' does not want to be found

Excuse me, but how do you know that nothing is happening behind the curtains?

If it was all happening behind the curtains I am pretty sure it would have been sewn up before the players return for training, which will be this week. Keep coming out in the paper saying 'we are actively looking' may make people like you think they are on the phones 24/7 but I suspect that is not the case. Good old mind games being played over Davies. Lets see what happens

Precisely.

They started watching Janko last August, and all season. Same with Dzeko (who is way out our league now).

Same players watched in the same locations all season, so if they were not impressed why keep going back and going back and going back?

Im afraid it looks like the 'rabbit' does not want to be found

If it was all happening behind the curtains I am pretty sure it would have been sewn up before the players return for training, which will be this week. Keep coming out in the paper saying 'we are actively looking' may make people like you think they are on the phones 24/7 but I suspect that is not the case. Good old mind games being played over Davies. Lets see what happens

I've heard that they have been watching players during the Confed Cups, watched both national and club friendlies.

It is a lot of dosh to splash on one player and they need to be 100% sure that they do the right choice. Have you never dwelled over a decision before, looking for other alternatives, but then gone back to the first choice?

I've heard that they have been watching players during the Confed Cups, watched both national and club friendlies.

It is a lot of dosh to splash on one player and they need to be 100% sure that they do the right choice. Have you never dwelled over a decision before, looking for other alternatives, but then gone back to the first choice?

Your grasping at straws mate. When was the last time Rovers made a signing that made all the moaners on here happy? Truth be told we have signed some unknowns in the recent years and got lucky but I dont see it this year. £13m to spend and no movement yet?

Shevchenko is now back at Chelsea, after a year sat on the bench at Milan (under Ancelloti of course). Can't see him remaining there for the coming season.

I see that there is talk of a return to Dynamo Kiev, but I would think that maybe Sheva has a point to prove in the Premier League. The guy's professional pride must be hurting, and the opportunity to have one last crack at proving himself in England could appeal, even if it means taking a big wage cut (he is already set up for life many times over).

Can't really see him coming to Rovers (or fitting into Sam's system, especially if Di Santo comes and plays every week). But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go out on loan to someone like Spurs or Sunderland. He has lost a lot of his pace, but he still technique and quality. If he is playing every game as spearhead of an attack and can regain his old confidence, I would back him to score 10 - 15 goals over a season.

Your grasping at straws mate. When was the last time Rovers made a signing that made all the moaners on here happy? Truth be told we have signed some unknowns in the recent years and got lucky but I dont see it this year. £13m to spend and no movement yet?

No movement? We've signed two players in two days. How is that no movement? Quit moaning about it all.

And please, can we stop with the "people need to be sacked" routine again?

Givet.

Jacobsen.

Nzonzi.

Van Heerden.

Di Santo (waiting for Ancelotti to confirm).

The youngster keeper.

It's also blindingly obvious we'll sign another striker, probably 2.

No you're right, Sam is obviously sat with his finger up his ____.

:rolleyes:

No movement? We've signed two players in two days. How is that no movement? Quit moaning about it all.

And please, can we stop with the "people need to be sacked" routine again?

On the contrary, im not one on here 24/7 moaning due to no movement. I never mentioned anything about sacking. I am a realist

Givet.

Jacobsen.

Nzonzi.

Van Heerden.

Di Santo (waiting for Ancelotti to confirm).

The youngster keeper.

It's also blindingly obvious we'll sign another striker, probably 2.

No you're right, Sam is obviously sat with his finger up his ____.

:rolleyes:

nose?

I get what you are trying to say, and that is: We want to Sign Davies and we are now saying we are looking in other leagues to get some action from Bolton if they are keen on selling.

I love the quick fix everyone is after. Let's be reasonable here, if we want to spend quick money we're going to get a heavy treasure chest that has no gold in it.

I trust by pre season Sam will have a replacement to lead the attack.. and he'll be a very capable player at that.

That part wasn't for you, but Ribble Valley Rover.

Scouts or the people in charge of the scouting system I was talking about.

Considering the finances we have we should have been looking for a successor for Roque a long time ago, it was pretty obvious that Roque was going it was just a case of when.

If they have been looking for quite a while and the sole target they have found that is suitable is a 32 year old Kevin Davies then yes questions have to be asked. Its right that the fans have to wonder why this is the case when there are obvious targets out there that are younger and are likely to be cheaper.

Archived