BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I love the quick fix everyone is after. Let's be reasonable here, if we want to spend quick money we're going to get a heavy treasure chest that has no gold in it.

I trust by pre season Sam will have a replacement to lead the attack.. and he'll be a very capable player at that.

and doesn't preseason start today?

I haven't seen this one, but I have seen it mentioned that Gignac is on Manchester United's shopping list.

It sounds as a agent who wants to sell.

With price mentioned at €11m I say he is really worth a shout for Rovers.

there are no direct links with any british team in the french press as far as I can see. They are reporting that the English press are linking him with Utd but there doesn't seem to be any suggestion on their part that it's true.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Givet.

Jacobsen.

Nzonzi.

Van Heerden.

Di Santo (waiting for Ancelotti to confirm).

The youngster keeper.

It's also blindingly obvious we'll sign another striker, probably 2.

No you're right, Sam is obviously sat with his finger up his ____.

:rolleyes:

And how many on them fill you with optimism?

Same players watched in the same locations all season, so if they were not impressed why keep going back and going back and going back?

Im afraid it looks like the 'rabbit' does not want to be found

You have to watch players over time, otherwise you can't get a feel for their ability. Janko for instance started the season on fire and then faded towards the end. You have to see players whilst they are in form and out of form, because how they handle being out of form could be a good indication of their ability and how they will perform in the premiership under a lot more pressure.

There isn't an option of the rabbit not being found, if it isn't we are in trouble. Proven Premier League strikers are hard to find cheap, Davies is a great example of that. He is in the last couple of seasons of his career and still they want upwards of £5m. Clubs like us have to scout around and find little gems and take a chance on their ability, skill and temperament being good enough to do it for us.

Givet

Di Santo

N'zoni

Van Heerden

Jacobsen is the only signing that doesn't really excite me. Other than that the other signings look very interesting. Just because you've never heard of these players doesn't mean that they're rubbish.

To be honest I like the sound of Jackobsen - Everton fans were gutted to lose him, he has pedigree, an international starter. Fitness is the only issue.

Van Heerden looked very good against Spain, and is extremely different from our other types of winger.

Givet we know is quality

Di Santo, if it happens,should offer something. Chelsea would not have bought him otherwise.

The main question mark, for me, is N'Zonzi. But it seems quite random so there must have been something about him that stood out. Question is whether he is going to be more Samba than Rigters? Could go either way.

I don't think there is any truth to the Gignac to United rumours. He really should be our man. He's available. He's slightly unhappy where he is. He's young, talented and fits the bill in terms of type of player that we want. His price isn't extreme and I wouldn't be surprised if a bid of around £8 million got him. United will get Benzema eventually, I'm fairly sure of that. So far I see no seriously interested parties in Gignac.

I don't think there is any truth to the Gignac to United rumours. He really should be our man. He's available. He's slightly unhappy where he is. He's young, talented and fits the bill in terms of type of player that we want. His price isn't extreme and I wouldn't be surprised if a bid of around £8 million got him. United will get Benzema eventually, I'm fairly sure of that. So far I see no seriously interested parties in Gignac.

Eddie was this Gignac's first season as the main striker at Toulouse? because of the sale of Elmander?

From what i've seen of him i agree he looks like a decent player with some serious potential.

I would be ecstatic with Gignac. If Bolton could get Elmander last summer then there's no reason why we couldn't get Gignac, unless Man Utd did come in for him of course, but I think they'll be setting the bar a little higher.

Eddie was this Gignac's first season as the main striker at Toulouse? because of the sale of Elmander?

From what i've seen of him i agree he looks like a decent player with some serious potential.

Yeah it was. Before that he had been third choice really, but was always viewed as being very talented. He had a bright start a few years ago but went off the rails. He now looks like he could become the real deal. I have even heard people within French football who think that Gignac at 27/28 will be better than Benzema at the same age.

The naivety of posters like frankie goes to Hollywood is breath taking.

You may know me as dan_mark_furness

I am not naive, I just know who and when they have been watching players and spending all that time and money with no other apparent targets in mind wreaks of desperation. Why dont they just come out and say 'you know what, we aint a fookin clue who we want so why dont we wait for a player to ring US'

Wiltord

Saha

Cantona

Drogba (from the French league at least)

I'm sure there are others who just don't spring to mind right now.

Thierry Henry - used to play for Monaco before moving to Juventus and then Arsenal.

Not that I'm saying it's impossible, but how many strikers have come from French football to England and been successful? I can't think of any.

Drogba, Cantona, Henry, after a brieft stint in Italy, Dugarry did all right, there have certainly been a few but then there has also been the likes of Steve Marlet, just goes to show really that you take a chance on whoever you buy regardless of which league it's from.

I'v heard Gignac has a lot of potential which is great in theory but how good is he now? I don't see a great deal of French football but it seems like he's had a decent year this season.

I'v heard Gignac has a lot of potential which is great in theory but how good is he now? I don't see a great deal of French football but it seems like he's had a decent year this season.

He'd easily go into our starting line up and, without taking penalties, I am positive he would score at least 10 goals next season.

Archived