BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not ROvers news but it could make a diference:

Benfica is going to sign the colombian striker Falcao for 4 million €.

That leaves Benfica with Saviola, Cardozo, Nuno Gomes, Falcão, Mantorras.

Cardozo could be sold...

Real Madrid signed Benzema for €35 million.

Have to say that with a few exceptions french keepers are not particularly brilliant.

You make it sound like the English are any better :D Maybe the only difference is that there aren't any exceptions there.

Anyway, Gignac seems unrealistic to me and it's scary that Davies seems our only realistic target. £10 million for him makes £18 million for RSC a bargain. I guess if Bolton can bring Anelka to the club (and later Elmander) Gignac is a possible for us too. How much would Zigic cost though?

You make it sound like the English are any better :D Maybe the only difference is that there aren't any exceptions there.

Anyway, Gignac seems unrealistic to me and it's scary that Davies seems our only realistic target. £10 million for him makes £18 million for RSC a bargain. I guess if Bolton can bring Anelka to the club (and later Elmander) Gignac is a possible for us too. How much would Zigic cost though?

No Keepers in the prem are not brilliant either but they are still on the whole better than the ones that play in france. And you're right - actual english keepers are in general poor.

Nicko: Is Van Der Meyde having a medical at Brockhall?

And the striker joining could well be Mr.Ruud Van Nistelrooy or Cardozo?

Either will be lovely!

I suspect Nicko won't answer that yet, and as he said - Van Nistelrooy was too expensive in salaries, and Cardozo was too expensive in fee. WAS is a key element though, something must've changed somewhere. I'm guessing Piquionne by the way.

The striker might be Guiza, but obviously im guessing just to stir things up again. Lol.

Van der meyde im not too sure on. More injury prone players, but if Sam can keep the likes of Reid, Dunny and VDM injury free, then we will be a solid squad.

Archived