BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy has been pushing for a move for weeks. Not been an awful lot of interest.

I believe the striking department is the one focussing minds right now.

any new names being mentioned regarding our search for a new forward Nicko?

Full Spanish international, and a good striker. However, not sure why he chose to go to Fenerbache.

He went to Fenerbache with Luis Aragones, who took their job after Spain won Euro 2008.

Guiza's a fantastic player and would be well-suited to the Prem - BUT, he will demand huge wages and (of course) "isn't Sam's type of player".

Judging by Nicko's refusal to deny that it's Di Santo, I'm guessing we're getting him early.

You would think people with nothing better to do with their 'lives' than reading papers could at least get their dates and facts right.

The original Daily Mirror story was January 31. Ever since the paper has been miles ahead on the subject.

Still waiting on the pond life putting names on their stories or even getting a real one.

Think I'm up to 17 confirmed 'kills' in this window, which would make it 17-0.

You would think people with nothing better to do with their 'lives' than reading papers could at least get their dates and facts right.

The original Daily Mirror story was January 31. Ever since the paper has been miles ahead on the subject.

Still waiting on the pond life putting names on their stories or even getting a real one.

Think I'm up to 17 confirmed 'kills' in this window, which would make it 17-0.

yeah to be fair it is a bit stupid for the Mirror to brag about being the "first" (which I hate and don't get offended because I'm guesssing it isthe editor and not you personally nicko that makes those claims) when Dave Whelen had already admitted Manchester United were waching him two months before the Mirror's "exclusive".

I appreciate you don't want to offend your employers but you have to admit it is a bit stupid when the do the whole "look at us, we gave you the news first" thing accompanied by a small picture of the original story. I also notice the Mirror don't do the same for all the stories that are wrong!!

I don't think we can really sign another central midfielder unless we lose one. Too many on the books - Reid, Grella, Dunn, N'Zonzi, Andrews, Warnock (probably where he will play now we have Givet), Emerton (central as well with Jackobsen, Diouf and Van Heerden hoovering up the wide positions).

I'm a big fan of Andrews but he is probaby the one who has to go as Emerton and Warnock are better players, and Reid Grella and Dunn are probably unsaleable due to their injury records. I wonder if we could get a million for him from a Championship side?

Has Pederson left us???

yeah to be fair it is a bit stupid for the Mirror to brag about being the "first" (which I hate and don't get offended because I'm guesssing it isthe editor and not you personally nicko that makes those claims) when Dave Whelen had already admitted Manchester United were waching him two months before the Mirror's "exclusive".

I appreciate you don't want to offend your employers but you have to admit it is a bit stupid when the do the whole "look at us, we gave you the news first" thing accompanied by a small picture of the original story. I also notice the Mirror don't do the same for all the stories that are wrong!!

They all do that though. Sometimes for the same stories, which makes it even more amusing. The Mail usually have pictures of their back page splashes to "prove" it, but without dating the first time the other rags ran it the claims are meaningless.

Not like you to miss the point.

What exactly is your point about Dave Whelan's comment? And when did he make them?

Maybe if you read the original stories you would be more elightened.

Maybe not.

I could've sworn Steve Bruce was telling anyone who would listen that Valencia was off to United, Liverpool or Real up to a year ago now. Not that this has anything to do with Rovers in the transfer market.

Goal.com quotes an Italian paper as saying Vieri will be on our Austrian tour for a 10 day trial. Usually wouldn't give Goal.com the time of day but since they're naming a source I thought it was at least worth a mention.

Not like you to miss the point.

What exactly is your point about Dave Whelan's comment? And when did he make them?

Maybe if you read the original stories you would be more elightened.

Maybe not.

Thank you for reading my post properly, answering my questions and not digressing wildly <_<

As for Whelen it is quite clear what and when he said it but if you really need a reminder....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...man-Whelan.html

That was in October 2008 so it is bit silly to be bragging about getting a story "first" that you reported in January 2009. I mean let's face it

Chairman admits Man Utd have been watching Valencia...

99% of players would swap Wigan to play for Man U....

2+2=4

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that story does it?

Finally I see you have also chosen to ignore the fact I was blaming your editor and NOT YOU PERSONALLY, so stirrups off and get down of that high horse.

Great research...

You might want to check the Daily Mirrors of April 25 2008 and May 7 2008 for the original tale.

The story on January 31 2009 was after Man U made the first concrete offer for the player.

I'll give you an hour or so to come back with your next snider.

To be fair, I specifically remember last summer Nicko talking about how United were interested in Valencia, but that some sort of agreement had been reached between Valencia and Wigan (or some combination) that he would stay for the upcoming season. I may be imagining all of this, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not.

To be fair, I specifically remember last summer Nicko talking about how United were interested in Valencia, but that some sort of agreement had been reached between Valencia and Wigan (or some combination) that he would stay for the upcoming season. I may be imagining all of this, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not.

That was what happened on February 1 this year...Bruce pleaded with Fergie to let him stay after losing Palacios and Heskey...Valencia was 'in the loop' on it too...Man U only came to the table officially because Real Madrid made an offer in late January.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsGallery/0...1710525,00.html

Is it Di Santo stood with the fitness guy behind Emerton on the left? I don't recognise him, but it looks like him....

(If the link fails, check out the pics of the 1st day of training.) The comment above relates to the 3rd pic and he's also on the right of the 4th pic. I dont recognise him.

Is it Di Santo stood with the fitness guy behind Emerton on the left? I don't recognise him, but it looks like him....

(If the link fails, check out the pics of the 1st day of training.) The comment above relates to the 3rd pic and he's also on the right of the 4th pic. I dont recognise him.

Di Santo is taller than everyone in those pics barring maybe the guy wearing number 7, and that clearly aint him.

Good Lord almighty, who gives a f*** about the Valencia thing... ;)

Nicko - I take it the news is we're getting Di Santo earlier than expected?

Also - Did you ever enquire at Ewood Park with regards to the verdict on Pogrebnyak? Was there a specific reason we've chosen not to go after him? If the scouting has been as all-encompassing as you suggest then we must have at least looked at him.

Archived