BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsGallery/0...1710525,00.html

Is it Di Santo stood with the fitness guy behind Emerton on the left? I don't recognise him, but it looks like him....

(If the link fails, check out the pics of the 1st day of training.) The comment above relates to the 3rd pic and he's also on the right of the 4th pic. I dont recognise him.

That's a good spot! I reckon it could well be him. I can't think of anyone else it could be and it definitely looks like Di Santo.

When you think about it, it just has to be Marcus Berg we're signing. Just ticks all the boxes; young, talented and wants to play in England. No top clubs sniffing around as far as I know and his club would sell for around 8 mil euros.

Great research...

You might want to check the Daily Mirrors of April 25 2008 and May 7 2008 for the original tale.

The story on January 31 2009 was after Man U made the first concrete offer for the player.

I'll give you an hour or so to come back with your next snider.

When you say the 31st of January, you actually mean 1st of February right?

I also would like to point you to this line...

But Valencia is hugely flattered by Madrid's interest and, given his South American background, would see a move to the Bernabeu as his preferred destination.

OH RLY? what makes it worse is that is was the DAY BEFORE you said he would prefer to move there

When you think about it, it just has to be Marcus Berg we're signing. Just ticks all the boxes; young, talented and wants to play in England. No top clubs sniffing around as far and his club would sell for around 8 mil euros.

£12 million more like...

Which seems to be the going-rate for OK foreign rising stars.

Keissling is roughly the same.

If you get a good striker these days you don't give them away.

Daily Mirror article on Saturday January 31 2009...Man U to match Real bid.

Sky lifted the story later the same day.

Keep up.

The reference about Real Madrid being his preference was not from me.

Ever felt like that Spanish guy Murray just swatted?

Whenever I click the link to the picture you guys are talking about all I get is this:

Error

The page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved. If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your bookmarks.

Is it Di Santo stood with the fitness guy behind Emerton on the left? I don't recognise him, but it looks like him....

(If the link fails, check out the pics of the 1st day of training.) The comment above relates to the 3rd pic and he's also on the right of the 4th pic. I dont recognise him.

As far as I can tell in the 4th pic from left to right:

top of N'Zonzi's head, Marcus Marshall, Benni, Samba, Gearoid Morrisey, Jason Lowe, fitness person, Dunn, Warnock, Judge.

The 'mystery man' in the picture seems to be wearing squad number 24 [?] in another shot when he is at the right of the frame at the front of the group...isn't that Treacy's number?

Nicko, don't think that means anything because, Chris Samba is wearing no.2 when he is no.4, Mccarthy is wearing no.30 when he is no.10, and stephen warnock is wearing no.33, when he is no.3

Nicko, don't think that means anything because, Chris Samba is wearing no.2 when he is no.4, Mccarthy is wearing no.30 when he is no.10, and stephen warnock is wearing no.33, when he is no.3

Maybe we are reassigning squad numbers? Would seem a bit pointless though... 'demoting' Benni to 30 when we have sold 2 strikers!

The 'mystery man' in the picture seems to be wearing squad number 24 [?] in another shot when he is at the right of the frame at the front of the group...isn't that Treacy's number?

I'm sure someone said once that the numbers on the training gear relates to the size of the clothing, not specific squad numbers.

Maybe we are reassigning squad numbers? Would seem a bit pointless though... 'demoting' Benni to 30 when we have sold 2 strikers!

They mean nothing, this happens every year. It's a bit like everyone claiming the fake fixture lists are real. All part of the fun and games of pre-season... :glare:

They mean nothing, this happens every year. It's a bit like everyone claiming the fake fixture lists are real. All part of the fun and games of pre-season... :glare:

The numbers mean nothing. The players are just given random training kit until they recieve

their full training gear once the season starts. Players coming going etc.

Smart training top though. N'zonzi looks taller than Samba. Also one of the lads looks

like Di Santo..........its not obviously!

Archived