BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

nicko, did you say something about people at rovers are expecting nzonzi to play about 20 matches this year, do you know if he is any good?

N'Zonzi is a discovery of the new European scout Dave Worthington [one of the famous family].

Worthington worked for Sam before and was the guy who found Abdoulaye Faye in similar slightly-obscure circumstances.

The feeling is that the kid could go right into the mix. I will reserve judgement. But if he does crack it in his first season and the fee is low [£400,000 initially] then it is a steal.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The numbers mean nothing. The players are just given random training kit until they recieve

their full training gear once the season starts. Players coming going etc.

Smart training top though. N'zonzi looks taller than Samba. Also one of the lads looks

like Di Santo..........its not obviously!

But it could be someone they want to have a good look at ;)

From being relegated to the French Third Division to starting in the Premier League......

And Pogrebnyak is a gamble. :huh:

Pogrebnyak would be arriving as first choice striker, costing millions about to replace a £18 million striker,

Nzoni is arriving as a reserve costing £400K, there is a difference...

Pic 3, from Left to right:

Alan Judge, Gearoid Morrissey, Jason Lowe, Iain Brunskill, Stephen Warnock, Steve N'Zonzi, David Dunn, Marcus Marshall, Chris Samba, Mark Howard, Benni McCarthy.

From being relegated to the French Third Division to starting in the Premier League......

And Pogrebnyak is a gamble. :huh:

I am only passing on the informed opinion of those employed to find players in the case of N'Zonzi. As I - and probably you - have never seen him play it would be best to wait for that day to dawn.

As for the Brainiac geezer, didn't he have the chance to come over when Rovers were in dire need and yet chose to look down his nose. The club WILL know about him. But I wouldn't blame them if he was filed under F for 'forget' or '**** him.'

any truth in us looking at Almen Abdi Nicko?

New one on me, but he has a decent pedigree and profile...and is one year from the end of his contract.

As for the Brainiac geezer, didn't he have the chance to come over when Rovers were in dire need and yet chose to look down his nose.

I have absolutely no idea. Did he?

That's what I mean, I'd love to know the "official word" on this. Can you check with your sources?

That's what I mean, I'd love to know the "official word" on this. Can you check with your sources?

We went through this at the height of the Kevin Davies Crisis...the guy was sounded out - via an agent very close to the manager - and didn't want to come. There were other bad vibes about him too. His contract is running out and he fancies a big pay day.

Of course, Rovers may get so desperate in the cold post-Davies world that is around the corner that they will go back in for him. But I think he has a lot of ground to make up.

Blackburn not of his level

Was also quoted as saying - ‘I was puzzled when Zenit general director Maksim Mitrofanov said he was going to talk me into accepting Blackburn’s offer in the winter transfer window.

‘I could only laugh at it. Yes, I dream of playing in England - but I’m not interested in Blackburn who are struggling against relegation.’

We went through this at the height of the Kevin Davies Crisis...the guy was sounded out - via an agent very close to the manager - and didn't want to come. There were other bad vibes about him too. His contract is running out and he fancies a big pay day.

To be fair to him we looked like certainties for relegation at that point. What good would it have done an international striker in their 20s to come to a club only to be relegated shortly afterwards? (See: Obafemi Martins.)

I'm sure he's already been on decent wages at Zenit, so that could be the stumbling block...

Of course, Rovers may get so desperate in the cold post-Davies world that is around the corner that they will go back in for him. But I think he has a lot of ground to make up.

The other day you seemed positive Allardyce would go back in for Davies... Not the case? A change of heart? An opening of the eyes?

The other day you seemed positive Allardyce would go back in for Davies... Not the case? A change of heart? An opening of the eyes?

If you recall I said 'a hunch' but we digress.

There was a big summit yesterday and I think things may have 'moved on.'

Until someone or some two arrive we will have to wait and see.

The reference about Real Madrid being his preference was not from me.

How convenient.

Ever felt like that Spanish guy Murray just swatted?

murry-746988.JPG

If you recall I said 'a hunch' but we digress.

There was a big summit yesterday and I think things may have 'moved on.'

Until someone or some two arrive we will have to wait and see.

Do I detect a bit of backtracking there Mr Nixon? When Allardyce said that Williams had confirmed that Davies wasn't for sale, you claimed it as a victory and got a bit "oohhh look at me" about it, you also threw in the claim about £10m being Bolton's asking price. But I put it to you sir, that after reading John Williams' clarifacation this morning you've decided to cut and run on the Davies idea (not Rovers).

“Di Santo is a player we are interested in but we have not enquired about Kevin Davies.

“Phil Gartside phoned me to clarify the rumours, not the other way round.”

So where's this £10m come from then?

Archived