BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Do I detect a bit of backtracking there Mr Nixon? When Allardyce said that Williams had confirmed that Davies wasn't for sale, you claimed it as a victory and got a bit "oohhh look at me" about it, you also threw in the claim about £10m being Bolton's asking price. But I put it to you sir, that after reading John Williams' clarifacation this morning you've decided to cut and run on the Davies idea (not Rovers).

Check back, ace researecher, and you will find the word 'hunch' was only used a couple of days ago.

The original story about the fact Sam wanted Davies was confirmed by the manager himself.

If the chairman - and the local comic - want to try and cover tracks, that's fine.

And Bolton told Rovers that the price would be £10 million at least which is something you would know if you actually knew anything.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone seen the ssn interview with allarydyce today , he completely rules out a move for owen (imo a shame) citing his injury problems , ability to play 30 games a season , the financial package as reasons , then goes on to say if he needs to spend all his budget on 1 player he would....

this is not a re-run of the interview wearing that awful bluey grey striped shirt filmed at rover press room , this was outside , in the sun with a small-ish red seated football stand behind him .......... first of all.....where the chuff is he while the first team reported back for training at brockhall????

secondly......by saying he is willing to blow his budget, isnt that just going to put the price up even more of any potential targets?

this is not a re-run of the interview wearing that awful bluey grey striped shirt filmed at rover press room , this was outside , in the sun with a small-ish red seated football stand behind him .......... first of all.....where the chuff is he while the first team reported back for training at brockhall????

haven't seen the interview in question so I don't know if it looks anything like it, but could it be related to this?

anyone seen the ssn interview with allarydyce today , he completely rules out a move for owen (imo a shame) citing his injury problems , ability to play 30 games a season , the financial package as reasons , then goes on to say if he needs to spend all his budget on 1 player he would....

secondly......by saying he is willing to blow his budget, isnt that just going to put the price up even more of any potential targets?

I believe it was in Leigh, Sports village, (allegedly) (new ground) Reserves playing there games there.

Who are the clowns on here who take a delight in their attempts to pick holes in everything Nicko writes??

Personally, I do look forward to Nickos comments and titbits, as do other people on this site and the media, who must respect his ability to pick up football news, as they regularly come on his mesageboard and publish much of the stuff he puts on here!!

And we get some good humoured banter with him about that lot down the road!!

Lets try and enjoy the thread, the excitement of the close season and transfer window, and hope Nicko is on here soon to tell us who our new striker (s) are!!

Who are the clowns on here who take a delight in their attempts to pick holes in everything Nicko writes??

Personally, I do look forward to Nickos comments and titbits, as do other people on this site and the media, who must respect his ability to pick up football news, as they regularly come on his mesageboard and publish much of the stuff he puts on here!!

Lets try and enjoy the thread, the excitement of the close season and transfer window, and hope Nicko is on here soon to tell us who our new striker (s) are!!

I couldn't agree more. We might not agree with every opinion he has on a player, but when people pick fights when they don't like the news he reports, it just gets annoying. I'd be all for people getting banned for that BS.

Nicko, when can you let us know the name of the striker that we hope to get in sooner than we all thought?

As soon as...not commiting to an 11 o'clocker because there is too much moving...and a deadline to consider.

And it's strikers which makes it just a bit more interesting.

I couldn't agree more. We might not agree with every opinion he has on a player, but when people pick fights when they don't like the news he reports, it just gets annoying. I'd be all for people getting banned for that BS.

And Nicko should get banned for teasing, I am becoming addicted to this bloody thread, looks like another late nighter :lol:

[

• Backroom

Agree completely, it's childish.

I find it amusing that people are questioning the reliability of our resident journo.

Alongside Unleaded I think they are the two most reliably informed people on here.

I do recall the anger levelled at Nicko from Fowlergate, Andrewsgate and Friedelgate- each time proven correct.

By all means if those posters have better and more accurate information I think most posters on here would be interested to hear them, but if you are going to try to pick holes in an argument, at least know what you are talking about as it is now getting embarrassing.

I agree but it's only about 3 or 4 and I have them on ignore. The problem is people quoting them to refute what they say, let's not bother.

Could you PM about how to put people on ignore?, thanks.

Well, I dont play many huncheson here but I will make two, I think the Di Santo job could be tied up soon due to the fact that Chelsea are signing a couple more front men, one I understand to be Sturridge!

With the timing, I wonder if there is a bit more on Van Nistelrooy, isnt the new French lads agent the one who is trying to get him away from Real??

He would have had contact an probably been at the club yesterday to tie up the young lads deal and things could have moved on from there!!

Just a thought

As soon as...not commiting to an 11 o'clocker because there is too much moving...and a deadline to consider.

Can we have some clues please...............dinosaur, young pup, foreign languages, small fortune in wages/ value...........................

QUOTE (Kelbo @ Jul 1 2009, 19:53 )

Agree completely, it's childish.

touche` - i agree with you both as well :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Nicko feel free to completel ignore me here but in your opinion would these players be greeted with more joy than the davies news?

I hope one is Altidore.

Archived