BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we have some clues please...............dinosaur, young pup, foreign languages, small fortune in wages/ value...........................

All I can tell you is that there seem to be breakthroughs on two strikers.

I think you know one of them - and have worked out why. It's just a matter of when.

The other would be a big-money one, which makes him young [ish] and probably foreign. Got three names I am working on and trying to find out which one. Without any joy as we speak.

I think you know one of them - and have worked out why. It's just a matter of when.

The other would be a big-money one, which makes him young [ish] and probably foreign. Got three names I am working on and trying to find out which one. Without any joy as we speak.

di santo on his way then???

Who are the clowns on here who take a delight in their attempts to pick holes in everything Nicko writes??

Personally, I do look forward to Nickos comments and titbits, as do other people on this site and the media, who must respect his ability to pick up football news, as they regularly come on his mesageboard and publish much of the stuff he puts on here!!

And we get some good humoured banter with him about that lot down the road!!

Lets try and enjoy the thread, the excitement of the close season and transfer window, and hope Nicko is on here soon to tell us who our new striker (s) are!!

I completely agree here... we are quite usually privvy to information a day early (sometimes earlier) & I think thats ace... purely because I'm extemely nosey & NEED to know whats happening. For me 11pm is now more important than teatime!!!

I'm sure Nicko doesn't have to post on here if he doesn't want to & if he didn't then im sure this board would be considerably less exciting, especially during transfer windows anyway!!!

Now come on then... who are these bloody srikers??? <_<

nicko: you say it's been a breaktrough.. do you think we might sign a striker or two before the end of the week?

I don't want to put time-scales on it, but you are making serious strides. It's been a better day from that point of view.

So the one we think is probably Di Santo, however it might be RVN seeing as we could work out why! Surplus due to benzema's arrival.

The other is probably Gignac, young and gonna cost 8m+.

Personally I would love it if we signed Ruud and Di Santo, brought back Holiett and then spent the rest on a quality goalscoring midfielder like Emana or Tuncay.

Thanks Nicko for all your work on this thread.

Could very well be hinting at RVN when he says we have worked out why, meaning Benzema is another joining him at Madrid. The wages would have to be a massive stumbling block, although nicko does say when and not if.

Perhaps JW said you can't spend 10m on Kevin Davies but you can give Ruud a massive signing on fee or something?

We shall see, I'm sitting on the fence unfortunately a bit for this one, great striker in his day but after all his injury problems can he still cut it? If it's him then lets hope so!

Can't be talking about Di Santo surely as we didn't work that one out, nicko told us!

The other one could be anyone!!

Sounds positive at this early stage ! if one of them is who i think it may be with the Real thing - then hopefully we may see an even greater take up on the season tickets :mellow:

Wasn't Fergies or Madrids first choice. I've seen you mention Villa a few times, but he doesn't want to leave spain does he.

Villa wanted to go to Real - Valencia wouldn't let him go there - Villa took the huff and said he wouldn't go or leave Spain.

Fergie is just sitting there and waiting - keeping his cash back for the right guy - and it's him.

Now its Barca or Man U for Villa and once once bids the other will match it.

Just a thought on scouting here, I judge a player on how he moves on, looking at the young French lad we have just signed, last year he played just one game

for amiens, this year started as sub, started to make an impact and became a regular, thats progression and looking at his physique, he looks able to handle himself, looks very fit and even from the stills, he looks comfortable running, so if he has the ability with all that, we may have player.

looking at players, I was always told, a good player in a poor side is always a better bet than a good player in a good side, in a bad side, you have got to do that bit more, in a good side, the good players and confidence helps you through.

Villa wanted to go to Real - Valencia wouldn't let him go there - Villa took the huff and said he wouldn't go or leave Spain.

Fergie is just sitting there and waiting - keeping his cash back for the right guy - and it's him.

Now its Barca or Man U for Villa and once once bids the other will match it.

Fair enough, i can't see him choosing United over Barca though.

Fair enough, i can't see him choosing United over Barca though.

Right now Man U have an awful lot of dough - and Barca obviously are stretched and needing Eto'o to go.

Never underestimate Fergie in a situation like this, especially when he has nowhere else to go.

Well, I dont play many hunches on here but I will make two, I think the Di Santo job could be tied up soon due to the fact that Chelsea are signing a couple more front men, one I understand to be Sturridge!

Very warm indeed.

I think you know one of them - and have worked out why. It's just a matter of when - AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE THIS TO BE RUUD, IT'S OBVIOUSLY DI SANTO. WHICH IS ALSO GOOD, SO NO WORRIES THERE.

The other would be a big-money one, which makes him young [ish] and probably foreign. Got three names I am working on and trying to find out which one. Without any joy as we speak. - PIQUIONNE / GIGNAC / AN OTHER??

I'm glad you guys have got some excitement going on over here! It's getting suicidal over on the Villa boards today. There were rumours of 2 iminent signings this week, probably July 1st fever, but then we all got the news that MON had shut up shop for the week, and we won't even get a sniff til next week! Still it doesn't stop you F5ing all day, sad really! I think we're all hoping to get your former man Bentley, as long as he plays like he did for you, rather than the Spuds.

The young fella Gignac you've been linked to is an interesting one, he was linked with at he end of last season. Does anyone else think he looks like a cross between Jon Parkin and Dean Windass? Wasn't overly impressed with him, didn't seem very dynamic, but he did score a fair few goals I suppose. Not sure he'll cut it in the Prem though. RVN would be a welcome return to the Prem, wouldn't mind him at VP for a couple of seasons myself. Would love to see him getting the winner at Old Trafford and rubbing Fergies nose in it!

Interesting. English league then it seems.

No, he's got the details of that one just about on the money.

Sturridge deal is now clear to go through in the next few days - late problem sorted out in it.

Archived