BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Right now Man U have an awful lot of dough - and Barca obviously are stretched and needing Eto'o to go.

Never underestimate Fergie in a situation like this, especially when he has nowhere else to go.

Very warm indeed.

Didn't you say United were skint a few days ago? You reckopn they'll splash the cash big now?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the Benni talk this morning has anything to do with the 3 names you're getting Nicko?

No, I think the big summit yesterday is the significant thing here...since then a lot of sparks have been flying.

Sam wanted Davies, so his 'consolation prize' will be to spend a lot of money and a really good striker.

And, yes, I suspect the transfer record could go...but don't hold me to that.

Didn't you say United were skint a few days ago? You reckopn they'll splash the cash big now?

No, Fergie has cash...plenty of it.

How about it being Janko?

Pray not Zigic!

I have to say those are the two I have been chasing for the past few hours, but only to rule them out if possible.

Janko's club are in Europe and rich. He is probably over-valued and Red Bull Salzburg are unlikely to drop what they want.

I keep hearing Zigic does not fancy coming to England which would be a relief.

All I can glean is that it would be a big-money deal and hopefully that also means top-quality.

I do have one name I have got some faith in, but not enough to write anything here or anywhere else. Trying like a bear on this because I think it is a hot one.

I think he's got that one wrong Nicko. He's the next big thing in my book

Their feeling is that he may be too similar to Berbatov. There is also another reason why they left him, but it is not something I can ever expand on.

I think he's got that one wrong Nicko. He's the next big thing in my book

Maybe, but apart from buying Veron and selling Jaap Stam, he doesnt get too much wrong!!

And he is dangerous when odds are against him!!

No, I think the big summit yesterday is the significant thing here...since then a lot of sparks have been flying.

Sam wanted Davies, so his 'consolation prize' will be to spend a lot of money and a really good striker.

And, yes, I suspect the transfer record could go...but don't hold me to that.

What £80million!! didnt realise we had that much cash to flash :lol:

initially, I thought RVN but as Nicko says a big fee involved, I would go for the Paraguayan at Benfica!!

I reckon your right fella... Oscar Cardozo looks a good bet... I suppose we will have to see, but I'm agreeing with you mate!!!

I have to say those are the two I have been chasing for the past few hours, but only to rule them out if possible.

Janko's club are in Europe and rich. He is probably over-valued and Red Bull Salzburg are unlikely to drop what they want.

I keep hearing Zigic does not fancy coming to England which would be a relief.

All I can glean is that it would be a big-money deal and hopefully that also means top-quality.

I do have one name I have got some faith in, but not enough to write anything here or anywhere else. Trying like a bear on this because I think it is a hot one.

Would you place Mr...Uhm...

We need a new name...

Mr F. For foreigner.

Would you rank Mr F as better or worse than Janko and/or Zigic?

Check back, ace researecher, and you will find the word 'hunch' was only used a couple of days ago.

The original story about the fact Sam wanted Davies was confirmed by the manager himself.

If the chairman - and the local comic - want to try and cover tracks, that's fine.

And Bolton told Rovers that the price would be £10 million at least which is something you would know if you actually knew anything.

Why do you still have to explain yourself Nicko. Blimey is Ewood and I would Vinjay or Waggy in disguise. Kim Kallstrom would be good

• Backroom

Part of the perils of being a rovers fan villadan, we often look like making a real coup then it will fall through and we'll get some duffer.

(I'm trying to be pessimistic in the hope of a nice surprise)

Is the Beast at Madrid available now or has he already left? Always thought he had potential.

Heh, I enjoy that everyone (aside, obviously, from spencer7 who at this point I'm convinced would have a moan if Messi, Kaka' and Iniesta turned up at Brockhall) is suddenly all perked up, gloom gone away. We're an easy bunch, aren't we!

I'm hoping for Cardozo, myself! Too many question marks for Janko and I'm not convinced by Zigic.

Edit: Not entirely fair on spencer7, rover6 would also complain that they're not young and that youth should be given a chance :D

I take it it's not Peter Crouch as you have previously said his wages are high. I'm thinking it's a player playing at foreign club...Cordozo is a good shout...Alvaro Negredo? I know it may seem silly but you never know...

Part of the perils of being a rovers fan villadan, we often look like making a real coup then it will fall through and we'll get some duffer.

(I'm trying to be pessimistic in the hope of a nice surprise)

Is the Beast at Madrid available now or has he already left? Always thought he had potential.

It is good to see most of you remaining calm though

The Villa sites are going nuts at the minute with the lack of activity

My money is still on Hugo Almeida :)

Now that would be a top signing... Similar attributes to most of the Strikers we have looked at, but with more pace.

My money's on Oscar Cardozo though... If Bremen are in the CL again next year I dont think he'd swap that for the glory of a possible relegation battle (not saying that is gonna happen, but thats how our targets will be looking at us, unless SA does a good job of convincing them otherwise!!!)

Archived