BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Benfica probably need to sell but I think that Di Maria is the one closest to leaving.

I'm divided in this possible transfer.

I don't want Cardozo to leave, I think he can make a great partnership with Saviola with Aimar playing behind them.

But if he leaves, I want that he goes for Rovers.

Anyway, I doubt Benfica will sell for less than £15 million.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder who can answer this. If Sam uses the entire budget on a striker or 2, does that mean we will not be spending in January? Will we take a gamble on getting the right players in now,and hope we get off to a flying start. If we dont get off to a good start and we dont have money to strengthen in January, then we could find ourselves in trouble.

I think the players he's already gotten in are meant to be those other players to strengthen the squad. Although N'zonzi and Van Heerdeen are likely to be used more as squad players for the moment and slowly brought into the first team.

If Givet plays as left back and all our players are fit by the start of the new season, we're essentially looking at Warnock, Reid, Dunn, Grella and Andrews all able to play in that central midfield position, which is quite good considering the fact that these are all players with international experience (besides Warnock, although he'd be my preferred choice out of the players named). I'm sure Sam will consider bringing another midfielder in though if possible, but I'd be skeptical to think it would be a big signing. Most likely another squad/backup player. I would imagine Sam is hoping that the likes of Reid, Dunn and Grella can gain back their fitness and perform instead.

Nicko, appreciate your insight, but how come you are suggesting you would tell us the name of the striker if you knew him, even though you teased us about Mr. X and Mr. Y for quite a few weeks before letting the cat out of the bag.

Has a bid been lodged?

I think the players he's already gotten in are meant to be those other players to strengthen the squad. Although N'zonzi and Van Heerdeen are likely to be used more as squad players for the moment and slowly brought into the first team.

If Givet plays as left back and all our players are fit by the start of the new season, we're essentially looking at Warnock, Reid, Dunn, Grella and Andrews all able to play in that central midfield position, which is quite good considering the fact that these are all players with international experience (besides Warnock, although he'd be my preferred choice out of the players named). I'm sure Sam will consider bringing another midfielder in though if possible, but I'd be skeptical to think it would be a big signing. Most likely another squad/backup player. I would imagine Sam is hoping that the likes of Reid, Dunn and Grella can gain back their fitness and perform instead.

And dont forget Emerton!!

Nicko, appreciate your insight, but how come you are suggesting you would tell us the name of the striker if you knew him, even though you teased us about Mr. X and Mr. Y for quite a few weeks before letting the cat out of the bag.

Has a bid been lodged?

Presumably because the others were at a tentative stage whereas this must be well on its way.

Has a bid been lodged?

Because if I get the name I think it is about to be done and I can crash out the story.

Mister X had to be kept back for reasons you know - until the time was right.

Mister Y was always going to kick off a football version of Armageddon.

Interestingly, the Telegraph are reporting that a proposed Inter move for Carvalho and Deco could fall through with the club unwilling to meet Chelsea's £12m valuation, while also suggesting that William Gallas might be available for as little as £4m.

Different positions, I know, but maybe they could tempt Kevin Davies? Same sorta age and price and they would save on wages...

Telegraph story

Because if I get the name I think it is about to be done and I can crash out the story.

Morning Nicko, I do hope the mobile kept you awake all night :lol:

Im hoping Gignac.

But Ill be happy with Cardozo.

I've not seen anything of either to be honest - but I'd prefer Cardozo. He seems to have had a number of good seasons, whereas Gignac seems to have had one (albeit it last year). I also know Bolton fans who think Elmander is a waste of time, and he was behind Elmander in the pecking order in France wasn't he? Like I said though - I haven't seen either play.

Very interesting, would be quite satisfied if we are making strides for another signing, and a striker at that. I would prefer we dealt earlier int he window, so as they can link up with the squad as soon as pre season starts, and obviously get to know the squad and get some games in.

Have to say, depending on who the striker is, and with Di Santo, the other 2 lads, and Emo/Reid/dunny to come in to the frame, things are looking upwards, and glad to see Sam helping pull the strings

Gignac was linked to United in the Express...

Gignac won't go to United, the only serious rival at the moment on that front would now be Lyon. After selling Benzema they have Gignac on their radar. Moving fast would be smart if we are interested.

I'm trying really, really hard not to build my hopes up over this potential signing after the 'disappointment' of Mr. X.

Gignac would be absolutely fantastic though if it is him, he would have been right near the top of my list from the outset. In fact, although my original preference was Janko, this was only because I considered someone like Gignac a bit too pie-in-the-sky.

Just thinking as well what Sam will have done for the average age of the squad, which he said he wanted to bring down. Van Heerden (25), Givet (27), N'Zonzi (20), Jabobsen (29), Gignac (23). You'd have to say it would be an excellent summers work by Sam if he could pull it off.

Archived