BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been offline for a bit (computer problems) but have to say imo the signs are massively disappointing thus far.

Two players out for 18m, two "for the future" a freebie plus Givet in, and having sold RSC for an inflated Premiership price we announce we can't afford to replace him with an established Premiership performer at similar inflated Premiership type prices.

Plenty of bubbly at this year's shareholders no doubt but another season of struggle seemingly looming.

• Backroom
Been offline for a bit (computer problems) but have to say imo the signs are massively disappointing thus far.

Two players out for 18m, two "for the future" a freebie plus Givet in, and having sold RSC for an inflated Premiership price we announce we can't afford to replace him with an established Premiership performer at similar inflated Premiership type prices.

Plenty of bubbly at this year's shareholders no doubt but another season of struggle seemingly looming.

You know it's July 2nd and not August 2nd, right?

Exactly. We haven't even touched the Roque money yet, every single signing has been made using other funds (saved wages on departing players and Derbyshire). With that in mind I think we're doing pretty well so far.

I think it's going to be a case of getting in the best striker we can and then seeing what money is left over. I don't think we'll touch that pot until a striker has been found.

It could be worse, look at Pompey. 7 players out, possibly 2 more to follow this week and the only move they've made is for Th'Axe.

Look at the dingles, a Scottish Sunday league striker, an ex-Newcastle defender who couldn't get a game, a defender from the worst Premier League team ever and in talks with a Hamilton Acc player.

Have faith in Sam. It is true we cant afford a current Premiership striker at inflated rates, that would be daft to splash out over the odds. Who do we want that is currently in the Prem? Name a player at a current Premiership club who is realistically going to come to Ewood and set the place alight? We can only sign a player if he is available.

The window has only just opened, with around £15m to spend Sam has plenty of time to do the business.

Obviously going sour rather producing a fine vintage whilst away Rev.

Just skimmed the official site and there seems to be plenty of buzz that Gignac will be Mr Y with folks with inside track records who have been proved right in the past have pointed at Biglia and Ledley as midfield targets.

It's the calibre of players we've been linked with/signed. I mean Kevin Davies? (at his age)

We're also seemingly taking a colossal punt on the fitness of Reid/Dunn/Grella with midfield not apparently a priority.

It's the calibre of players we've been linked with/signed. I mean Kevin Davies? (at his age)

We're also seemingly taking a colossal punt on the fitness of Reid/Dunn/Grella with midfield not apparently a priority.

1. We're not going for Davies.

2. Reid/Dunn/Grella are current squad players who we MUST have in the equation for next season. We are not in a position to replace then, however we have signed a midfielder already.

Most players we are linked with are brought about by the media. The media don't like Rovers for a start and will always link Big Sam and ex-Bolton and Newcastle players.

I hope we're looking at Cardozo, but wasn't it said Benfica want around £15m for his services?

They paid 11 million Euros for him two years ago and his value has surely increased since then, so £15 million sounds about right given the strength of the Pound against the Euro right now.

I just can't see us being able to afford Cardozo at all.

It could be worse, look at Pompey. 7 players out, possibly 2 more to follow this week and the only move they've made is for Th'Axe.

This quote is genius. It has so many day to day uses.

For example:

"Michael Jackson in dead and my wife left me."

"Never mind it could be worse, look at Pompey..."

That's why the Pompey fans are not worried ;) Why pay £80 million for Ronaldo eh?

I've noticied Sunderland have been very quiet compared to last season, any reasoning behind this, and when will the Newcastle and Boro Sale start?

Agree although not complaining at the youngsters/freebies but would like one or two players who'll improve the first team. However there's still time so not panicking yet.

My biggest worry. Dunn and Reid have consistently proved they cannot be relied upon for fitness, and we cannot afford to go into the season with a makeshift midfield of Andrews/Warnock/new untried french lad, for the central positions. Ok emerton might slot in there but with Jakobsen as our other rb I've a feeling Emo will be playing a lot at rb against pacy opposition.

It is true we cant afford a current Premiership striker at inflated rates, that would be daft to splash out over the odds. Who do we want that is currently in the Prem? Name a player at a current Premiership club who is realistically going to come to Ewood and set the place alight? We can only sign a player if he is available.

Sam seemingly wanted Crouch. If the owners weren't prepared to back him by paying the going rate RSC shouldn't have been sold.

Always line your replacement up before you sell as tnr would say.

I know nothing about Cardozo, would he be worth £15m?

He's 26, Paraguayan. 6'4" tall.

Club Nacional: 67 apps 29 goals

Newell's Old Boys: 33 apps 21 goals

Benfica: 55 apps 30 goals

Sam seemingly wanted Crouch. If the owners weren't prepared to back him by paying the going rate RSC shouldn't have been sold.

RSC wouldn't play for us, he had to go. As for Crouch, would you pay him the reported £70k a week?

• Backroom

I'm a little concerned that midfield doesn't seem to be a priority... but that can change. There's still plenty of time, yet. If it gets to August and we still haven't signed a replacement striker or strengthened the midfield, then I'll worry. Until then, I'm just enjoying most of the speculation.

Im somehow expecting two quality strikers as a foregone conclusion. Even with those, unless a quality playmaker is signed, we will struggle in the bottom half of the table. No doubt about it. Where the hell will be the pace in our team?

DIOUF...........N'zonzi/Emo...........Ledley/Biglia...........Warnock...........Pedersen

..................................................GIGNAC............................................

subs that can't be relied upon, dunn, reid, grella and should be sold if ever possible along with benni as we are surely only having 1 up top with sam.

That would be a midfield and attack that should be miles away from relegation issues next season, glass definitelt half full right now.

Agree 100%. Di Santo, a top striker and a top midfielder is needed to ensure we don't play crap football and end up struggling.

Archived