BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

DIOUF...........N'zonzi/Emo...........Ledley/Biglia...........Warnock...........Pedersen

..................................................GIGNAC............................................

subs that can't be relied upon, dunn, reid, grella and should be sold if ever possible along with benni as we are surely only having 1 up top with sam.

That would be a midfield and attack that should be miles away from relegation issues next season, glass definitelt half full right now.

Um, are you suggesting we should go into next season with two strikers? Dunn, Reid and Grella will stay I think.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 100%. Di Santo, a top striker and a top midfielder is needed to ensure we don't play crap football and end up struggling.

Last season our neolithic football would have finished us in mid-table (correct me if I'm wrong). I wouldn't equate crap football to struggling, from a practical point of view anyway.

Sam seemingly wanted Crouch. If the owners weren't prepared to back him by paying the going rate RSC shouldn't have been sold.

Always line your replacement up before you sell as tnr would say.

I thought i was pessimistic but compared to this I've been a little ray of sunshine. Crouch would not just have been about the fee but also the wages. it was the optimum time to sell RSC. City were unlikely to go higher and keeping him wasn't a realistic option. Like you, few on here wanted davies and were concerned that he might end up here for a large part of our transfer budget. However, that looks highly unlikely now unless something drastic happens. We do need a striker or two - we all know that - and most of us would like to see a new midfielder or 2 brought in. However, preseason only started yesterday and a lot of clubs here and in Europe are either not back or are just returning. Most clubs have brought nobody in yet. Spurs and Villa fans are tearing their hair out over lack of links let alone signings. If 2 weeks go by and we still look as weak as we are at the moment then I think we might be at panic stations, but wait and see for a week or 2 yet. Continue to moan like many of us about the rubbish players the press link us with and make your opinions known, but don't get too depressed yet, or at least not on a regular basis! I'd like my role as permanent pessimist back.

the mirror again has us linked with taking joey barton at a low fee despite sam insisting his past disciplinary record rules a move for him out. personally a 1 year contract on a free and with low wages he`s worth a gamble imo, what`s to lose? if he screws up then fire him, no loss. i don`t think we would move for him, but we could potentially miss a trick that boosts bolton over us.

As long as we bring in a central midfielder with more quality than the people we already have on board, he can be Adolf Hitler for all I care.

Not worried about the strikers anymore, with Di Santo signing we are already stronger than we were two months ago. Add a big-money signing to that, and we've got a great forward line..

Any news on Hoilett? Pace is always good.

Interesting take on Allardyce's comments in the Mirror by The Soccer Blog. They are taking the "price is right" snippet as an indication we may be signing Di Santo permanently as opposed to just a loan. I presume we can write that possibility off?

And a quote I haven't seen yet from BFS has just hit eatsleepsport....

"If all the money I have available has to go on a striker, it has to go on a striker and that is it.

"We are not going to sign any other players in any other positions until we have secured the player up front as quickly as we can."

"I don't think that we could afford him (Owen). I think that, from my point of view, with being at Newcastle, it has always been the injury threat. I can ill afford to sign a player who is going to be out of the team and has to really guarantee me 30-plus games a year."

Last season our neolithic football would have finished us in mid-table (correct me if I'm wrong). I wouldn't equate crap football to struggling, from a practical point of view anyway.

What I meant is it leaves us with no other option than that approach in every game. Signing a couple of quality players enables us to try and play with more "flair/creativity" against poorer sides - and more physical (or primitive if you like) against the top sides, just like under Hughes...

Källström is a midfielder who played a few matches as left back as well for Lyon last season. Can hit the ball but never fulfilled his promise in my opinion.

Read in a Swedish paper today that Olympiacos has made a €4m bid for him. For that price it's worth having a look IMO. I'm not his biggest fan, in the debate that has been "raging" for the last 5-6 years about who should start; Anders Svensson or Kim Källström, I've always been on Anders' side, but that doesn't mean I don't rate him. He has three of the things we need in midfield; he's a good passer, has a very good shot (Left-footed) on him and he's not injury prone. So he's score and create some from midfield.

The downside though is that we already lack pace in all areas, not least in midfield, and he'd do nothing to remedy that. He's supposedly in his prime (26) and has a lot of experience from big tournaments (62 caps for Sweden, played in the CL for Lyon).

For €4m we could certainly do a lot worse if we're looking for a central midfielder who's a good passer.

I think we've established that Chelsea does not want to sell Di Santo, he is their lead striker for the future. It'd be absolutely awesome though..

Drogba and Anelka are both in their thirties, I don't think there's even the smallest chance that Chelsea will want to sell Di Santo permanently.

• Backroom
Read in a Swedish paper today that Olympiacos has made a €4m bid for him. For that price it's worth having a look IMO. I'm not his biggest fan, in the debate that has been "raging" for the last 5-6 years about who should start; Anders Svensson or Kim Källström, I've always been on Anders' side, but that doesn't mean I don't rate him. He has three of the things we need in midfield; he's a good passer, has a very good shot (Left-footed) on him and he's not injury prone. So he's score and create some from midfield.

The downside though is that we already lack pace in all areas, not least in midfield, and he'd do nothing to remedy that. He's supposedly in his prime (26) and has a lot of experience from big tournaments (62 caps for Sweden, played in the CL for Lyon).

For €4m we could certainly do a lot worse if we're looking for a central midfielder who's a good passer.

For that price I'd definately have him. Get the feeling he's not on our radar, though.

the mirror again has us linked with taking joey barton at a low fee despite sam insisting his past disciplinary record rules a move for him out. personally a 1 year contract on a free and with low wages he`s worth a gamble imo, what`s to lose? if he screws up then fire him, no loss. i don`t think we would move for him, but we could potentially miss a trick that boosts bolton over us.

His wages wouldn't be low though (he'd just stay with Newcastle otherwise), so I suspect it's not quite the low risk gamble which the club would want.

His wages wouldn't be low though (he'd just stay with Newcastle otherwise), so I suspect it's not quite the low risk gamble which the club would want.

Lyon want Real Madrid's Dutch striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy to replace Karim Benzema who has agreed to join the Spanish side.

Full story: Marca (in Spanish)

ANOTHER INTERESTING ARTICLE ABOVE

Lyon want Real Madrid's Dutch striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy to replace Karim Benzema who has agreed to join the Spanish side.

Full story: Marca (in Spanish)

ANOTHER INTERESTING ARTICLE ABOVE

http://www.marca.com/2009/07/02/futbol/equ...1246524436.html

LINK IS IN SPANISH

Sam seemingly wanted Crouch. If the owners weren't prepared to back him by paying the going rate RSC shouldn't have been sold.

Always line your replacement up before you sell as tnr would say.

Holding onto RSC and making him honour his contract wouldh've made us into a laughing stock and damaged us possibly beyond repair. The only way we can get top players to come to Ewood is by offering them the chance to show their ability in the Premiership and hence to try and get a big money move to one of the big boys. We, hopefully, gain from hungry ambitious players for a year ot two and then make a profit. Who on earth would join a club that would block them moving apart from those that knew they would never be good enough to get such a move? We would be restricted to older players seeking a last payday.

I think we've established that Chelsea does not want to sell Di Santo, he is their lead striker for the future. It'd be absolutely awesome though..

That could be thrown in to doubt with the recruitment of Sturridge ? The lad is quality and displayed it in a very short space of time to deny us 2 points !

There's no gamble involved--------its an absolute certainty that he would disgrace the club at some future point just like he has so often. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our" family club". And if Bolton and anyone else wants him, they can bloody have him.

Been offline for a bit (computer problems) but have to say imo the signs are massively disappointing thus far.

Two players out for 18m, two "for the future" a freebie plus Givet in, and having sold RSC for an inflated Premiership price we announce we can't afford to replace him with an established Premiership performer at similar inflated Premiership type prices.

Plenty of bubbly at this year's shareholders no doubt but another season of struggle seemingly looming.

In terms of points we didn't struggle after Sam took over did we? Why should we next season?

There's no gamble involved--------its an absolute certainty that he would disgrace the club at some future point just like he has so often. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our" family club". And if Bolton and anyone else wants him, they can bloody have him.

Totally agree.Everybody knows it`s not a case of IF he does something more a case of WHEN.

He WILL be a liability.

End of.

i understand how you feel about him but i think he could still do a good job for us.. im sure others agree... but im sure he

would get a few yellow/red cards....

Archived