BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

i understand how you feel about him but i think he could still do a good job for us.. im sure others agree... but im sure he

would get a few yellow/red cards....

More likely to get solitary.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 100%. Di Santo, a top striker and a top midfielder is needed to ensure we don't play crap football and end up struggling.

I dont care if we play crap football, and get the points. There will be games where crap football will be needed. I dont think its the only way we will be playing though. We are so quick to moan about everything, myself included. I think once 10 games have been played, can we asess what style of football we will see for the rest of the season.

Sam has ruled Barton out categorically so its a dead duck.

Fergie categorically said Ronaldo aint going to Madrid, yet he is there. Philip this is football, you of all people should know, never listen to what managers say these days.

i understand how you feel about him but i think he could still do a good job for us.. im sure others agree... but im sure he

would get a few yellow/red cards....

I agree with you. As a person I think Barton is a t*t but he is useful as a player and players like him dont come that cheap that often. I know and accept that he is cheap for a reason but I do think he is worth the gamble and would trust that Sam knew what he was doing if he were to sign.

Only Tribal I know, but there are quotes from the French press in there.

United, Rovers know price for Gignac.

Sounds like we might have made an enquiry or even a bid and they are trying to make us up the bid.

13.44 Ivory Coast striker Boubacar Sanogo does not want to return to Werder Bremen after being linked with a move to Toulouse.

Toulouse linked with a new striker. I think something might be happening soon.

The latest article from that source, is translated thus:

Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac is one of the players tracked by Olympique Lyonnais after the signing of Karim Benzema at Real Madrid. In L'Equipe, the club president Olivier Sadran Toulouse said he does not let his players. "I do not expect to receive news of the OL as Jean-Michel Aulas knows that there is no offer that can be admissible, said Olivier Sadran."

"The question of his departure did not arise this year. It is not for sale. This is no way for this summer. The aim is that it continues to grow. Everything is done for this to work. In a year he will have offers from European top 5, at prices that make everyone happy, but even that Lyon will not be able to offer, "he adds. André-Pierre Gignac, who arrived in Toulouse from Lorient in June 2007, extended his contract in January of one year and is linked up in 2012 with the Téfécé.

I dont care if we play crap football, and get the points. There will be games where crap football will be needed. I dont think its the only way we will be playing though.

I made this point in my follow-up already. We'll be playing crap football against the relegation candidates too if we don't bring some more quality to our starting XI though.

As I mentioned earlier the Lyon link with Gignac is very real, but they are looking at a few strikers.

He WILL be available if someone puts in a serious bid.

I still can't see United making a move for him and the links have been minimal. There seems little concrete interest, simply three clubs with money to spend who are all on the look out for a striker. I hope we make a move, but we'll have to see.

Oh and their chairman is quite right, if Gignac stays at Toulouse and scores 20+ goals again and establishes himself in the French side (which he is very likely to do) then he is a 20+ million player next summer. What may make a move to Lyon attractive for him is that it makes it easier for him to get into the national team, a bit like playing for the big four does for English players.

As I mentioned earlier the Lyon link with Gignac is very real, but they are looking at a few strikers.

He WILL be available if someone puts in a serious bid.

I still can't see United making a move for him and the links have been minimal. There seems little concrete interest, simply three clubs with money to spend who are all on the look out for a striker. I hope we make a move, but we'll have to see.

But after one decent season, is he good for the long term Eddie, whats his game style??

The way things are going, Hollands will do big business with their new 'Frogs legs Hotpot'

I've described this earlier. This isn't one good season from him, it is one complete one. He's always had the talent, but personal issues prevented him from being consistent. My one fear for him is that a big move may see those issue crop up again (he had a bit of a gambling issue and liked to splash the cash), but he seems to have put them behind him. Undoubtedly talented and could be one of Europe's top strikers if things go well for him. He won't be a total dud, that is for sure. Whether or not he will develop into the player he could be you can't say, but we aren't looking at a Grabbi, or even someone like Elmander.

Something must be in the offing as I ain't seen Nicko as quiet as this for a good while...

he's probably drinking pimms in the sun watching wimbledon!

looks like it could be gignac though, i wonder what wages he might be wanting though!!

• Backroom
I just can't see how Gignac is within our reach, it would be bordering on miraculous to sign Ligue 1's top scorer.

Here's the history of Ligue 1 top scorers. I can't think of a single one we could have signed at the point they did that so I can't see why now would be any different.

If we do sign him, it will without a doubt smash our transfer record. When was the last time we were linked to the same player as Man Utd? MGP?

I just can't see how Gignac is within our reach, it would be bordering on miraculous to sign Ligue 1's top scorer.

Here's the history of Ligue 1 top scorers. I can't think of a single one we could have signed at the point they did that so I can't see why now would be any different.

He's completely within our reach. We have the money. We can offer the wages. He'll be attracted to the league.

2002/2003 : Shabani Nonda (Monaco) 26 goals :tu:

(I know you said at that point)

2002/2003 : Shabani Nonda (Monaco) 26 goals

We had him. Didn't we ? <_<

He's completely within our reach. We have the money. We can offer the wages. He'll be attracted to the league.

I guess it will all come down to if he believes there is genuine interest from United or not. If we have a big accepted by the club and start talking to the player he may wait to see if United come in. Let's face it if United are interested there is only one winner in the race for his signature.

We signed Nonda in 06/07, 3 years after he was top scorer. Would we have been able to sign him in 03/04?

He had a load of terrible injuries after that season which is why we ended up being able to sign him. You could see when he was with us that he was pale shadow of the player that scored all those goals.

Didn't he cost a huge amount of money at one point as well? I can't remember if was Monaco or Roma that paid it.

Archived