BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

We signed Nonda in 06/07, 3 years after he was top scorer. Would we have been able to sign him in 03/04?

maybe if we had the cash and not many others were interested.

But then again he came from a champions league winning team. That is not exactly Toulouse and therefore he may want to go to the Premier League.

Didn't he cost a huge amount of money at one point as well? I can't remember if was Monaco or Roma that paid it.

Maybe Monaco did.

Blackburn Rovers Roma 1 Jun 2007 Loan : Expired

Roma Blackburn Rovers 31 Aug 2006 On Loan

Monaco Roma 10 Jun 2005 Free Transfer

Rennes Monaco 5 Jul 2000 Undisclosed

FC Zurich Rennes 29 Jul 1998 Undisclosed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
He had a load of terrible injuries after that season which is why we ended up being able to sign him. You could see when he was with us that he was pale shadow of the player that scored all those goals.

Didn't he cost a huge amount of money at one point as well? I can't remember if was Monaco or Roma that paid it.

It was Monaco that paid a transfer fee. No idea how large it was. Sky Sports website says he went to Roma on a free, then came to us on loan.

Edit: As alexanders just pointed out :D

I just can't see how Gignac is within our reach, it would be bordering on miraculous to sign Ligue 1's top scorer.

Here's the history of Ligue 1 top scorers. I can't think of a single one we could have signed at the point they did that so I can't see why now would be any different.

Rovers have a good record of giving potential premierl league players a platform. He'll play every week, have chance to miss and still be in the team...at Utd you don't get much chance and the pressure is on straight away, I think Rovers are a great club to come and dip your toe in, sam will be showing him examples of santa cruz, bentley, bellamy...all players that have come for a season or two and moved onto bigger clubs...

sam will be showing him examples of santa cruz, bentley, bellamy...all players that have come for a season or two and moved onto bigger clubs...

I don't disagree, but all those three had problems at the clubs they were at, that's why we could sign them. Maybe I'm just preparing myself for disappointment, but I just can't work out in my head how we could sign someone like Gignac.

Here's a bit of news that I expect won't pass Sam by. If the Vieri news is genuine then Hesselink might be an alternative for him.

• Backroom

I'm quite excited about this one. Nicko says it has the potential to break our transfer record, and he's playing on the continent. Obviously the latter has no real bearing on talent, but it's better than being linked to Davies or Owen!

Nicko is onto a scoop, I just have a feeling here, there is something big brewing and its happenning now!!

Prepare for a surprise (or two) and a pleasant one too :D

well he is hoping your are right :D

i bet sky people are snooting around, i can just see it! "Sky sources (google) an reveal that blackburn rovers have smashed their transfer record", "we will bring you more news when we have it" (when mr nixon posts on brfcs.co.uk) ;D

Yeah another 'Stroke Boy' exclusive.

Iaquinta decent pedigree but is coming up to 30, could he be reaching his peak? Also those that have concerns about French players in particular strikers and their impact on the prem well what about italians? Can't remember many decent Italian strikers that have done well in this league. Zola and Di Canio? are probably the most recent.

Iaquinta decent pedigree but is coming up to 30, could he be reaching his peak? Also those that have concerns about French players in particular strikers and their impact on the prem well what about italians? Can't remember many decent Italian strikers that have done well in this league. Zola and Di Canio? are probably the most recent.

Which ones have had the chance though?

What about that Corrado Grabbi... He rocked the Prem!!! :lol:

Vialli didnt do bad did he|??

Sorry if already been mentioned.

Italian press saying Bobo Vieri has been invited over for a trial and will go out to Austria with the squad.

Apparently he has 10 days to impress Sam! Oh dear.

ugh, hope you're wrong .... this reeks of Dino Baggio. :mellow:

Archived