BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bramble has progressed brilliantly at Wigan, not a bad player at all.

Anyway yes, the striker news is exciting - but I won't be celebrating until I see a few performances by whoever it is. We don't have a great track record with expensive signings...

He is not a bad player but as a Villa fan I was kind of hoping we would push on this summer

I guess there is still time and we could sign the quality needed, who knows

Anyway this is not a Villa thread so I shall zip it and continue to lurk.

I have to be honest, if WE were to sign Titus bramble (considering our current CB options) I'd consider it as useful a move if we bought a bleeding Bramble BUSH!!

Thats BRILLIANT mellison... :huh: ............ :lol:

Quick question:

On the official site Big Sam implies we signed Diouf for only one million pound. Is that true?

Quoting him -> "Tottenham threw another £40m at it, Stoke City threw another £10m at it, and Hull City threw six or seven million at it, whilst we just got Dioufy for a million and took Gael Givet on loan."

Been working all day 'behind enemy lines' as you would call it...although I wouldn't.

No clues about the target at my end but some interesting names being pitched in.

Back on the dog-and-bone for the rest of the night.

Is Diego Forlan one of those names?

Been working all day 'behind enemy lines' as you would call it...although I wouldn't.

No clues about the target at my end but some interesting names being pitched in.

Back on the dog-and-bone for the rest of the night.

Who are the interesting names Nicko - do they all follow a similar trend as in Target man, and can finish better than Roberts ?

Hope you have a sweet deal on that telephone !

Is Diego Forlan one of those names?

No...he would cost about £25 million.

Who are the interesting names Nicko - do they all follow a similar trend as in Target man, and can finish better than Roberts ?

Hope you have a sweet deal on that telephone !

I am hearing that several have been asked about, figures discovered and availability checked...

But the net may have been widened to more than just the 'big and ugly' ones.

It's all a bit hectic.

Why the mass hysteria? Its pretty obvious we are after strikers, our manager and chairman have said so themselves.

Of course we will be finding out who is available, its a natural thing to do!!

Anyone that is good will likely be too expensive for us, or nabbed by a club with more money, so don't get too excited.

I know this would go totally against Rovers as we know them.

Is it possible that sam has been given more than we have been led to believe (13m), hard to believe but just maybe last season has suddenly woke a few people up.

I wish that was true about last season waking a few people up. But sadly I find that hard to believe - although it ought to be the situation. You would have thought that Sam would have received more financial backing in January as that was the most dangerous time for the club. Also why not back Hughes when he got the team into the top 5.

the reality is though Rovers are in a better condition than a lot of other clubs around us - but again the reality is that a lot of other clubs are more attractive to investors and would receive help if they got into trouble (southampton as an example) and rovers are not.

I wish that was true about last season waking a few people up. But sadly I find that hard to believe - although it ought to be the situation. You would have thought that Sam would have received more financial backing in January as that was the most dangerous time for the club. Also why not back Hughes when he got the team into the top 5.

the reality is though Rovers are in a better condition than a lot of other clubs around us - but again the reality is that a lot of other clubs are more attractive to investors and would receive help if they got into trouble (southampton as an example) and rovers are not.

I was just thinking that with a possible big signing, plus only 1 years salary, say 40-50k a week and all the hangers on to be paid, even an 8- 9m headline signing would swallow up the 13m I assume.

From an investors point of view, with the overdraft slashed, Rovers may be a more attractive proposition!!

ah, so we aren't close to even making a bid for someone then, as it might seem

I think that one 'offer' has been made, but there are so many calls being made that there is even more going on here than first thought...like more players leaving and more players coming.

The last 24-48 hours have been slightly mental.

Archived