BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any word on the Owen to Old Trafford stories Nicko?

I'm loving the fact that they've sold Ronaldo for £80m and are replacing him with a crock on a free :lol:

(I notice all the United "fans" on SSN are from Ireland)

I can't see that...the rumours started in the Newcastle United dressing room this morning - including the 'fact' that he had met Liverpool at Chester Races on Friday night...I checked that out and found it was wrong...and unless Fergie gas blown his mind he has not met him today either.

If you watch closely you will see Sky have been running it from that end...probably based on the same rumour that reached me.

It suits Owen for this to come out, although I am not suggesting he is behind it.

Owen knows Everton want him...but they are still sorting out their act on this one...while he would maybe consider going to Villa if Martin The Ditherer came up with a concrete offer.

Everton would be very strong favourites, but until it's done there will be wildfire stories like this one.

Spoke to Everton again five minutes ago and they are quite relaxed about it...

Nicko - My brother reads a lot of blogs and forums and says a guy on one of them who has gotten pretty much everything right on ManC's signings to date is claiming their next major target will be John Terry. So far the guy has called Bridge, Tevez, Eto and Barry before anyone. He also says another major move this summer will be Ashley Young from Aston Villa to Tottenham. Have you heard anything similar?

can we expect a 11 o clocker tonight?

At this stage, probably better not to do one.

There are too many jigsaw pieces around right now and nothing is fitting.

No point in adding to that by mentioning names and calls that I know about until the whole thing makes more sense.

I'm not writing a story myself yet and we know people lift stuff off here, so I know it won't help me - and I don't think it would help the process with your club either.

What I do know is that it has been frantic since the 'summit' in Tuesday, a lot of things have happened and yet nothing concrete is in place.

Nicko - My brother reads a lot of blogs and forums and says a guy on one of them who has gotten pretty much everything right on ManC's signings to date is claiming their next major target will be John Terry. So far the guy has called Bridge, Tevez, Eto and Barry before anyone. He also says another major move this summer will be Ashley Young from Aston Villa to Tottenham. Have you heard anything similar?

The rumour is that Wright-Phillips has been helping Terry buy a house...it's been going round for ages.

I think I know who the chap is who is posting.

And he didn't get Gareth Barry first. ;)

But he does get a fair amount of things right.

No point in adding to that by mentioning names and calls that I know about until the whole thing makes more sense.

I'm not writing a story myself yet and we know people lift stuff off here, so I know it won't help me - and I don't think it would help the process with your club either.

What I do know is that it has been frantic since the 'summit' in Tuesday, a lot of things have happened and yet nothing concrete is in place.

The rumour is that Wright-Phillips has been helping Terry buy a house...it's been going round for ages.

Thanks for the reply!!

Around 50 hrs and counting then. To find and write that story on rovers record signing. ;)

Around 50 hrs and counting then. To find and write that story on rovers record signing. ;)

I promise I'm not keeping anything back...this has been a rollercoaster day or so...I think at the en d of it you will 'do your brains' on a striker because I know the similarities and nature of the targets and calls...

There is definitely a mood within the camp to do something really big...probably to kill the spectre of Kevin Davies and also [don't laugh] because your neighbours have been spending.

I also have a lot of vibes about other interest in your players...but until that gets concrete I will leave it alone.

It's suddenly become a very lively time around the place.

Where's Tommy Smith off to for 1.8m?

I am stunned to imagine anyone would pay that for him.

I think that one 'offer' has been made, but there are so many calls being made that there is even more going on here than first thought...like more players leaving and more players coming.

The last 24-48 hours have been slightly mental.

I can think of several players I wouldn't mind going in order to let Sam bring in some newer faces or have some more wages free to bring in a bigger name. The only player i think we must 100% keep is Samba, the guy is going to become world class. Selling Samba would really, really ###### me off.

I can think of several players I wouldn't mind going in order to let Sam bring in some newer faces or have some more wages free to bring in a bigger name. The only player i think we must 100% keep is Samba, the guy is going to become world class. Selling Samba would really, really ###### me off.

NOT Samba.

Ashley Young to Spurs - that just can't be true Nicko!! Are you kidding me! that would be the worst nightmare for us.......

I know (sorry if it looked like that) - but please put me out of my misery and tell me it is not going to happen......

Harry Redknapp wants a left-sider with pace. He would love to dump some of his unwanted players on Villa.

Do you see where I am going with this?

He also has three or four other left wing targets. Downing is still his first choice.

Ashley Young to Spurs - that just can't be true Nicko!! Are you kidding me! that would be the worst nightmare for us.......

I can't see it happening either to be honest. Harry probably spent so much in Jan that he won't be able to be the normal wheeler deal guy he was during the summer months at Portsmouth.

I can't see that...the rumours started in the Newcastle United dressing room this morning - including the 'fact' that he had met Liverpool at Chester Races on Friday night...I checked that out and found it was wrong...and unless Fergie gas blown his mind he has not met him today either.

If you watch closely you will see Sky have been running it from that end...probably based on the same rumour that reached me.

It suits Owen for this to come out, although I am not suggesting he is behind it.

Owen knows Everton want him...but they are still sorting out their act on this one...while he would maybe consider going to Villa if Martin The Ditherer came up with a concrete offer.

Everton would be very strong favourites, but until it's done there will be wildfire stories like this one.

Spoke to Everton again five minutes ago and they are quite relaxed about it...

Why don't United just put out a statement saying they aren't negotiating with him, if it's not true.

Harry Redknapp wants a left-sider with pace. He would love to dump some of his unwanted players on Villa.

He also has three or four other left wing targets. Downing is still his first choice.

So he wants a swap and is holding out for MON to panic!

It does seem like there is something going on between Tottenham and Villa right now and that they are playing games in the media. About half of Villa's players have been linked (e.g. Barry, Reo Coker, Luke Young, Ashley Young) with Tottenham this summer and vice versa (e.g Jenas, Huddlestone, Bentley).

Why don't United just put out a statement saying they aren't negotiating with him, if it's not true.

They would have to post statements every ten minutes if they started doing that.

Archived