BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Owen knows Everton want him...but they are still sorting out their act on this one...while he would maybe consider going to Villa if Martin The Ditherer came up with a concrete offer.

Everton would be very strong favourites, but until it's done there will be wildfire stories like this one.

Spoke to Everton again five minutes ago and they are quite relaxed about it...

If that's the case then this might help with your "personal grief" ;)

The bookmaker offering the odds also speaks volumes!

The issue of more players to go intrigues me.

I assume it's players with a decent sale value.

Idealy of the reserves we'd see Brown, Rigters and Gallagher go. But none would really get us any sort of money. Would sell Brown for 1m plus happily.

Zurab has been speculated on but thought that fell through. If we got more than 2m I'd be happy.

Benni would seem the most likely to go of the regulars. Warnock is a big chance as well because of the overlap between him and Givet, assuming Givet is a Left Back first and foremost, and assuming Warnock is not part of a first choice central midfield.

The only other players I could think might be leaving would be Emerton, Dunn, Reid or Andrews. Of that lot I doubt anyone would pay for Dunn or Reid at this point, so would probably only nominate Emo and Keith.

I can't really see anyone else getting sold.

Robbo? No. No replacement.

Nelsen. No. Captain and we've lost Ooijer at CB already.

Roberts? Maybe. Wouldn't get enough for him though and we've lost enough strikers.

Diouf and Givet, not a chance.

And that just leaves MGP. Huge wildcard but there's a chance.

I thought the same until Sam came out and said he had asked JW and he had said no. Maybe Sam did it to use as a negotiating tool. If we are now spending "money", it may have worked.

I assume you're referring to my post about Davies. I believe you're referring to these quotes from Tuesday

"John (Williams) told me on Thursday that Kevin Davies is not available, as far as I'm concerned that is it."

..to which the LET tried to read between the lines as us enquiring about him. However the next day JW clarified the situation and as it turns out he told Sam he wasn't for sale because Phil Gartside had rang him. All because of the rumour nicko started. As I said, you got to give it to the guy to actually affect the Bolton Chairman's actions...

"Di Santo is a player we are interested in but we have not enquired about Kevin Davies. Phil Gartside phoned me to clarify the rumours, not the other way round."

..so who mentioned the "£10m" first, Gartside or Williams? :D

I promise I'm not keeping anything back...this has been a rollercoaster day or so...I think at the en d of it you will 'do your brains' on a striker because I know the similarities and nature of the targets and calls...

There is definitely a mood within the camp to do something really big...probably to kill the spectre of Kevin Davies and also [don't laugh] because your neighbours have been spending.

I also have a lot of vibes about other interest in your players...but until that gets concrete I will leave it alone.

It's suddenly become a very lively time around the place.

I am stunned to imagine anyone would pay that for him.

Aas not questioning your integrity ;) , just merely stating this weeks deadline for the Sundays.

I think that one 'offer' has been made, but there are so many calls being made that there is even more going on here than first thought...like more players leaving and more players coming.

The last 24-48 hours have been slightly mental.

I sense Benni may be leaving with Rovers purchasing a striker and a midfielder too.

I am going to wait until Sunday ;)

Junior Hoilett has won his appeal, will get a work permit and can play for Blackburn Rovers.

If you were privy to the story and what was said in the conversation I would take you seriously.

Junior Hoilett has won his appeal, will get a work permit and can play for Blackburn Rovers.

If you were privy to the story and what was said in the conversation I would take you seriously.

YES! Thank you Nicko! Will there be a story on this?

Brilliant news.

Do you know if Sam thinks he could play a part in the first team next year? It's a shame he and Doran seem similar players. There's also Judge in there, who I personally think is the best prospect of the lot.

• Backroom

OMG this is the news I've been waiting for. Unfounded excitement ahoy I hope the club release some Eau Du Hoillet to commemorate the occasion.

There should be something...not as much as there should be...but frankly it doesn't matter.

The committee sat today and the kid has got a break.

Good for them.

I know the criteria for permits have changed and, to be honest, he was right up against it. But it is a bit of a special case.

Looking forward to seeing him.

Looking forward to seeing unleaded's head explode on this too because I believe he is the lad's number one fan.

nicko. since we now will get hoilett, do we really need di santo, and now we really don't need gallagher or rigters.

i think we will se two strikers leave soon..

maby this caused all the "circus" today, because now sam might just need one very good striker, and probably will be buying a good box to bo midfielder..

nicko. since we now will get hoilett, do we really need di santo, and now we really don't need gallagher or rigters.

i think we will se two strikers leave soon..

maby this caused all the "circus" today, because now sam might just need one very good striker, and probably will be buying a good box to bo midfielder..

Hoilett is a different player to di Santo. It won't affect that deal.

However a new and exciting young attacker is always welcome...and the kid seems to be that.

Good luck to the boy and whoever found him. Hope he lives up to the expectations.

Great news! He will be like a new signing and people will probably be excited by him eventually getting an opportunity to play for us. Lets just hooe he can make the right impact cos this kid is talented! Hopefully all the hassle and the appeal will be worthwhile

Hoilett is a different player to di Santo. It won't affect that deal.

However a new and exciting young attacker is always welcome...and the kid seems to be that.

Good luck to the boy and whoever found him. Hope he lives up to the expectations.

i know he is a different player, but someone has to go as we don't need, benni, roberts, unknown great striker, di santo, hoilett, rigters and gallagher..

think we might be able to put samba back in the defence now :P

• Backroom

Question for anyone in the know, slightly off topic but I dunno where else to put it. When a club puts in an official bid for a player is there a set format it's done in? Is a partially completed contract sent over or what?

I've always wondered and wanted to see and offical offer to see how its presented.

Archived