BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know he is a different player, but someone has to go as we don't need, benni, roberts, unknown great striker, di santo, hoilett, rigters and gallagher..

think we might be able to put samba back in the defence now :P

Hoilett would only ever play on the wings for us, group him in with Pedersen and Diouf. Rigters doesn't really count, I imagine he'd be off as soon as an offer came in. For all we know Sam just wants to see Gally in training before deciding on him, there's nothing to suggest he's in the first team picture.

New striker, Di Santo, Roberts and Benni seems about right for the strike force.

Question for anyone in the know, slightly off topic but I dunno where else to put it. When a club puts in an official bid for a player is there a set format it's done in? Is a partially completed contract sent over or what?

I've always wondered and wanted to see and offical offer to see how its presented.

Clubs usually only 'bid' if they know they are signing the player for the price or close to it.

A lot of 'bids' are verbal and never go to the written stage because there is too much of a difference in valuations.

Why are people assuming that this means we don't need another striker, such as Benni or Di Santo? I thought Hoilett was more of a winger and even if he was a striker he is unlikely to be given a load of games this season so IMO we still need Benni, Roberts, Di Santo and our 'big signing' then Hoilett can be a backup. Gally and Rigters can go but I thought they were always likely to go anyway.

I hope the mystery striker is oscar cardozo. I have watched his goals last season and he looks fantastic!!

He is brilliant in the air (to be expected at 6 foot 4inches but there again Crouch is C**p), he is fast, has two good feet and he hammers the ball home ala shearer.

What more could we ask for?

Please tell me Nicko that He is one of the names in the frame.

I hope the mystery striker is oscar cardozo. I have watched his goals last season and he looks fantastic!!

He is brilliant in the air (to be expected at 6 foot 4inches but there again Crouch is C**p), he is fast, has two good feet and he hammers the ball home ala shearer.

What more could we ask for?

Please tell me Nicko that He is one of the names in the frame.

I think he is, but his price is silly. And that is something that has been discovered in the past 24 hours or so.

• Backroom

As excited as I am about Hoillet i imagine he is in the same camp as Elrio, ie spend a good 6 months or so bulking up and getting used to a more physical game in the reserves and get a chance maybe in the cup tournaments at first.

then again Hoillets pace may warrant him a place on the bench earlier. He reminds me of Wright Phillips (in stature and style)

I imagine the bigger names enquired about will be:

Gignac

Janko

Zigic

Cardoza

Luca Toni :P

Graham Alexander

and hopfully Alditore to replace and outgoing Roberts (if someone is going that is)

As excited as I am about Hoillet i imagine he is in the same camp as Elrio, ie spend a good 6 months or so bulking up and getting used to a more physical game in the reserves and get a chance maybe in the cup tournaments at first.

then again Hoillets pace may warrant him a place on the bench earlier. He reminds me of Wright Phillips (in stature and style)

I know from the case put forward that this kid is seen as being a Premier League squad man from a pretty early stage.

That was one factor in the process and I don't think the club was lying about this...although time will tell how good he is.

It would have been wrong to deny him this chance, but it's now up to the lad.

I think he is, but his price is silly. And that is something that has been discovered in the past 24 hours or so.

If he delivers in the premiership like he did in Portugal we would get more for him than we did for Roque, as I believe he is a better player and younger. So it would be an investment!!

Please pass it on to JW and SA.

If you were privy to the story and what was said in the conversation I would take you seriously.

I regard John Williams as one of the most honest chairmen around and see no reason to lie in this instance. If Williams says we never enquired, then we didn't. If he is lying, for in my opinion no reaon, the surely Gartside will come out and counter John William's claims. If he does, I'll start taking you seriously ^_^

Anyway I'm patting you on the back for this one, WUMing t'other Dingles is always fair game in my book.

can this david hoilett play left side and be considered the compitition MGP desperatly needs to give him a bit of a boot up the ass? i hope so, as that`s one less transfer we need to be making then. i think a main striker and a adventurous centre mid type would conclude all the business we need to do this summer after that.

this really shapes up to be an awesome transfer window, with the players signed, hoilett getting the workpermit and sam lining up a striker or 2. Compared to last year, im really really optimistic.

im especially glad to see, that sam is bringing in athletic players, spiced up with a couple of powerhouses..

Nicko : eventhough its early days, have you heard any rumours regarding which players, that sam wants to sell..?

I think that one 'offer' has been made, but there are so many calls being made that there is even more going on here than first thought...like more players leaving and more players coming.

The last 24-48 hours have been slightly mental.

Not to "rain on the parade" here, but given that the transfer window is now officially open, won't 95% of everything that's "happening" be rumours generated by agents and the media...?

The last few windows have been nothing if not anticlimactic, and yes I know we actually have some money this time round, but if history tells us anything it's to expect very little to actually occur. The biggest transfers of the past few seasons have happened AFTER the windows have closed FFS... <_<

(Glad to hear we're looking beyond "big and ugly" though, even if it is bull***t!)

Not to "rain on the parade" here, but given that the transfer window is now officially open, won't 95% of everything that's "happening" be rumours generated by agents and the media...?

The last few windows have been nothing if not anticlimactic, and yes I know we actually have some money this time round, but if history tells us anything it's to expect very little to actually occur. The biggest transfers of the past few seasons have happened AFTER the windows have closed FFS... <_<

(Glad to hear we're looking beyond "big and ugly" though, even if it is bull***t!)

The window has been open for a month or so.

Any idea of the time frame for this expensive striker(s)? are we talking days or weeks?

I regard John Williams as one of the most honest chairmen around and see no reason to lie in this instance. If Williams says we never enquired, then we didn't. If he is lying, for in my opinion no reaon, the surely Gartside will come out and counter John William's claims. If he does, I'll start taking you seriously ^_^

Anyway I'm patting you on the back for this one, WUMing t'other Dingles is always fair game in my book.

I don't know who you are or what you are, but you remind me of the annoying kid in the playground who went around asking to be punched just to get attention.

Check back and you will see that Sam said Rovers found out that Davies was not available, something the chairman found out.

I know why the Bolton chairman rang the Rovers chairman first. You don't.

Until you figure it all out keep your childish and inane snipes to yourself.

can this david hoilett play left side and be considered the compitition MGP desperatly needs to give him a bit of a boot up the ass? i hope so, as that`s one less transfer we need to be making then. i think a main striker and a adventurous centre mid type would conclude all the business we need to do this summer after that.

can nobody answer this then? fair do`s.. <_<

can nobody answer this then? fair do`s.. <_<

How are we meant to? We've all only seen the same 5 minute video that you probably have.

He seems to be playing on the right wing in that game so it's not being overly presumptuous to say he can probably play on the left too.

Seriously, can you just stop posting on this thread. You dont believe Nicko's claims, fine, dont read the thread. Its irritating for us to read and pathetic for you to be seeking these stupid arguments regardless of whether you're right in your position or not. Do us all a favour and stop.

Archived