BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting very excited about this window, forget the name signings, we at Rovers, for some time have had squad of experienced players, some of whom have been journeymen and have done a great job for the club, but what we are seeing now is youth, Hoilett, Di Santo, The young French lad, young legs doing the legwork, the key now is a playmaker and striker, I feel then we will have a squad to be reckoned with, pace, vibrancy, experience and youth, the complete blend in my opinion, Waggy, I respect your opinions but I think you may be missing something by not going to Ewood now, I hope you can find it within yourself to do that, you are a Rovers man through and through, go on man, you can sing 'we are the Rovers Lardarse is the King' :lol:

I don't know who you are or what you are, but you remind me of the annoying kid in the playground who went around asking to be punched just to get attention.

Check back and you will see that Sam said Rovers found out that Davies was not available, something the chairman found out.

I know why the Bolton chairman rang the Rovers chairman first. You don't.

Until you figure it all out keep your childish and inane snipes to yourself.

Thanks for being so kind as always nicko. I quoted Sam's comments earlier so check back ;) and all he said was that JW told him that Davies wasn't for sale and that was the end of the matter. He didn't say "we enquired about Davies". The LET ran the story that you enjoyed because it read this comment by BFS as admittance of us enquiring. That's why, IMO, Williams' clarified what actually happened.

When you say I don't know why Gartside rang Rovers first you're wrong because as I said I believe JW and he stated that it was "to clarify the rumours".

nicko why do you see my questions as childish snipes? I think they are perfectly reasonably. You admit the Kevin Davies saga is over so there's no reason for you to keep it to yourself. I'm sorry you see me as a WUM....

Although I do occasionally enjoy the banter :D

removed

We're not going to ban someone for having an opinion.

OK, I'm now an official "Rickoteen" and I nominate you for the best Mod comment of 2009!

Nicko is a big man, he has broad shoulders, he's took bigger stick than the kind of stuff dished out on this website.

He's made a successful living out of dealing in transfer talk, and even though he won't admit it, he will occasionally get things wrong.

He probably doesn't need all the nickoteens sticking up for him and making him look stupid.

I think Nicko and Ewood and I Would would be better off taking it to PMs, but I don't see how their discussion infringes on the forum. This is the Transfer Topic? Unless it really does become personal and improper, then it isn't doing any harm. If anything, the Nickoteens are exacerbating the subject.

I don't know who you are or what you are, but you remind me of the annoying kid in the playground who went around asking to be punched just to get attention.

Check back and you will see that Sam said Rovers found out that Davies was not available, something the chairman found out.

I know why the Bolton chairman rang the Rovers chairman first. You don't.

Until you figure it all out keep your childish and inane snipes to yourself.

Did Gartside call JW because he wanted to:

End the Davies speculation early?

See if Rovers were silly enough to want to spend £5m on KD again?

Inquire after a Rovers player?

Or something else?

Did Gartside call JW because he wanted to:

End the Davies speculation early?

See if Rovers were silly enough to want to spend £5m on KD again?

Inquire after a Rovers player?

Or something else?

Does it really matter who called who with regards to davies. It is not as though anybody on here was involved in the conversation. Gartside could talk to one person from the media and give his side, JW could talk to another person from the media with his version of events - both get published - WHO DO WE BELIEVE?

Therefore at the end of the day, it does not matter - move on.

Does it really matter who called who with regards to davies. It is not as though anybody on here was involved in the conversation. Gartside could talk to one person from the media and give his side, JW could talk to another person from the media with his version of events - both get published - WHO DO WE BELIEVE?

Therefore at the end of the day, it does not matter - move on.

I'm asking why Gartside called JW - Nicko hinted that it may be for other reasons than Davies - personally I don't care who called who other than this. If you had read what I put then maybe you would have understood better?

118 users waiting for the 11 o'clock Nicko treat.

:D

122 now. I ask you? The Real Madrid Supporters Website only had 37 on line at 11.00 the night before they signed Ronaldo. nicko didn't show then either - too busy "down the road" no doubt.

Nicko, I've heard that theplayer Rovers are after is Vagner Love, any truth in this? :D

He does have blue hair as well. :D

I very much doubt that, he's a quality player though, but no target man, well out of our price range i would imagine too.

the only thing that matters about the whole davies saga is, thank f--k we`re not gonna be signing him. i don`t care whether sam really did see him as his no1 target or not, the good news is bolton ain`t gonna let it happen. upwards of 5m for a 32 yr old player who`s already `big money flopped` at ewood once would have represented bad business for us as a club, if not for sam(who`ll probably be off to a `big club` in a couple of seasons if he`s a major success at rovers). 2 years down the line the chances of sam being gone and our main striker being over the hill with no resale value, and no money in the club to suitably replace him would be a frightening scenario for us beyond sam`s reign.

122 now. I ask you? The Real Madrid Supporters Website only had 37 on line at 11.00 the night before they signed Ronaldo. nicko didn't show then either - too busy "down the road" no doubt.

There is nearly as many waiting for an 11 o'clocker as there are AC Milan season ticket holders, 400 if Talksport are to be believed.

the only thing that matters about the whole davies saga is, thank f--k we`re not gonna be signing him. i don`t care whether sam really did see him as his no1 target or not, the good news is bolton ain`t gonna let it happen. upwards of 5m for a 32 yr old player who`s already `big money flopped` at ewood once would have represented bad business for us as a club, if not for sam(who`ll probably be off to a `big club` in a couple of seasons if he`s a major success at rovers). 2 years down the line the chances of sam being gone and our main striker being over the hill with no resale value, and no money in the club to suitably replace him would be a frightening scenario for the club beyond sam`s reign.

My view entirely.

There is nearly as many waiting for an 11 o'clocker as there are AC Milan season ticket holders, 400 if Talksport are to be believed.

What's all that about?!? Has Ince been linked with the job? I thought they had Leonardo?

Archived