BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm asking why Gartside called JW - Nicko hinted that it may be for other reasons than Davies - personally I don't care who called who other than this. If you had read what I put then maybe you would have understood better?

Sorry, it wasn't a case of misunderstanding you - I replyed to your post becasue you mentioned contact with regards to JW and Gartside. I was really commenting on people on here debating if Nicko was right, wrong etc on who called who. This was the subject being discussed on here at that moment - even though it is meant to be about transfer with regards to Rovers. Anyway don't be offended etc as I was just replying to your post on the subject as a whole.

Anyway, with regards to what you mentioned, I suppose if Nicko wanted to say why there was some contact betwen JW and Gartside, then he would have mentioned what it was about when he wrote his post.

Mr Owen has agreed to sign for Manchester United. Apparently...

According to my friend that knows him....

Again just passing on what i've heard...Not suggesting this is valid!

Put this in the wrong thread sorry

I think Nicko and Ewood and I Would would be better off taking it to PMs, but I don't see how their discussion infringes on the forum. This is the Transfer Topic?

This is the transfer topic and not the personal spat thread (that includes having a go at members because they are questionning nicko)

Only transfer talk here please.

Once again can members not ask questions which have been asked and answered in the previous few posts. Especially in terms of asking about the "11 o'clocker", just read back and see and if not wait until 11 o'clock. Needless posts create pages of reading.

I hope Owen does go to United. Would take the threat away from one of the teams around us.

Sorry, it wasn't a case of misunderstanding you - I replyed to your post becasue you mentioned contact with regards to JW and Gartside. I was really commenting on people on here debating if Nicko was right, wrong etc on who called who. This was the subject being discussed on here at that moment - even though it is meant to be about transfer with regards to Rovers. Anyway don't be offended etc as I was just replying to your post on the subject as a whole.

Anyway, with regards to what you mentioned, I suppose if Nicko wanted to say why there was some contact betwen JW and Gartside, then he would have mentioned what it was about when he wrote his post.

No problem Pafell :D

I agree with what you said about whether Nicko was right or wrong about who called who - its nonsense.

Just wondered if the trotters are after one of our players....

This is the transfer topic and not the personal spat thread (that includes having a go at members because they are questionning nicko)

Only transfer talk here please.

Once again can members not ask questions which have been asked and answered in the previous few posts. Especially in terms of asking about the "11 o'clocker", just read back and see and if not wait until 11 o'clock. Needless posts create pages of reading.

I hope Owen does go to United. Would take the threat away from one of the teams around us.

I'd rather he go to a rival and waste their money and time, stopping them from signing someone who can actually perform.

oh good to see hoilett got the permit my letter to Jack Straw MP has had the desired effect hope he does well & welcome aboard Hoilett hope he gives MGP the kick up the backside he needs!

have a pat on the back from me

if it helped then sweeeeeeet!

saves us having to bring in ribery now

Too bad the first refusal is ours B)

I'm still a bit worried about potential Fulham interest... Wouldn't Di Santo have any say in the matter? I'm sure he'd prefer to stay in London if he's only being shipped out for one season.

I suppose Chelsea could say "YOU'LL GO WHERE WE TELL YOU", but surely all that does is risk alienating the player...? I won't be confident of this signing until he walks through the door.

I'm still a bit worried about potential Fulham interest... Wouldn't Di Santo have any say in the matter? I'm sure he'd prefer to stay in London if he's only being shipped out for one season.

I suppose Chelsea could say "YOU'LL GO WHERE WE TELL YOU", but surely all that does is risk alienating the player...? I won't be confident of this signing until he walks through the door.

i remember nicko saying this guy would do as he was told

This has been the most exciting off-season at Rovers in years.

Delighted with the additions to the squad so far and we haven't spent squat yet.

If Big Sam really does have 13m to spend we better be spending that on a attacking midfielder and a goalscorer whilst also bringing in Di Santo for a year. Then shut up shop.

Vagner Love is a great shout and things seem to have went abit quiet about him recently. He's pretty quick if i remember and was definetly better than Jo. Nicko any idea what his price tag would be? Gignac, Janko, RVN, Owen, Martins would all be excellent for us too.

I have been banging on about Emana, from relegated Betis, for a while now and we were linked to him in january. This guy is excatly what we need, strong,fast,skillful,youngish and a cracking shot. Don't want to get into the Barton debate again but he would definetly improve our midfield and would need to be on a rolling one year contract.

I'm well behind with all the gossip not having been online for a few weeks, so apologies if I'm stating something stupid, but why is everyone seemingly treating Di Santo as a done deal?

I noticed his name mentioned ages ago as someone we'd looked at, but wasn't aware it was any more concrete than that.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm well behind with all the gossip not having been online for a few weeks, so apologies if I'm stating something stupid, but why is everyone seemingly treating Di Santo as a done deal?

I noticed his name mentioned ages ago as someone we'd looked at, but wasn't aware it was any more concrete than that.

Thanks in advance for any info.

We have first refusal on a season long loan.Ancellotti will be havin a look at him then he should be heading this way.

We have first refusal on a season long loan.

Have we? Don't know if that's right or not either way but where's that come from?

As things stand we've a hell of a lot of work to do, looking good in defence but no midfield to speak of if the usual suspects get injured again, and left with two thirty somethings up front.

Archived