BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Guest Wen Y Hu
I'm well behind with all the gossip not having been online for a few weeks...

[...]

Thanks in advance for any info.

RevidgeBlue,

If you've been away for so long, you may not be aware that the Transfer Links thread this time around is an all-inclusive affair and includes a daily summary of this thread that is essentially a nicko digest. It's only into its eighth page (151 posts to date) and goes back to June 2nd, so it shouldn't take too long to get up to speed.

Hope that helps. :)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nicko - My brother reads a lot of blogs and forums and says a guy on one of them who has gotten pretty much everything right on ManC's signings to date is claiming their next major target will be John Terry. So far the guy has called Bridge, Tevez, Eto and Barry before anyone. He also says another major move this summer will be Ashley Young from Aston Villa to Tottenham. Have you heard anything similar?

SSN reporting chelsea has rejected a bid from Man City for John Terry!

Also SSN are still reporting that owen is heading for Man Utd and is having a medical today!

Anyway must get ready for work, only 1/2 day today so i can watch Murray get through to the Final.

Don't underestimate the ability of a wannabe big 4 club to put in an unwelcome bid or two.

Just saying that in case anyone reading this thread thinks the optimism is going over the top a bit.

Landing any of the big name strikers being thrown around on here is an awful lot trickier than us writing about it. I will just heave a huge sigh of relief if Di Santos turns up and that's been a done deal for quite a while. Fulham getting a favour from Chelsea seems unlikely especially as I am not aware of any Fulham players Chelsea might have an eye on. That might change if Citeh manage to winkle out Terry.

Onto a subject closer to home, what role has Sam got planned for Judge?? If any?

Interesting question.

I would also like to add Doran, Treacy, Gallacher and Blackman.

Do Sam have any confidence in them and are it likely that they will feature in any games this season?

Judge had a great spell at Plymouth.

I was also under the impression that he's an attacking central midfielder and not a winger. I'd like to see him given a chance in that role if we decide to play a three in the middle. Everyone was impressed by him down there.

But hopefully Nicko can enlighten us as to Sam's plan for him?

Got a Plymouth supporting mate at work, and he was completely gushing over Judge, he thought he was that good for them - hoping he's available to buy or on loan again. He also thought that Gally played well at the beginning of his loan there but faded towards the end.

Judge was, by all reports, excellent for Argyle - better than Gallagher. He primarily played left mid and right wing - not central.

He and Doran deserve a chance under Allardyce but I'm worried that they won't be given it. After all, at the end of last season, despite his decent sub appearance, Doran was dropped out of the blue. We have signed van Heerden, there's talk of van der Meyde, we have Diouf and Emerton - so my conclusion is that Judge and Doran are in for a barren season, unless they escape on loan.

If anything, it should be Treacy who gets the boot and Doran and Judge who get calls, but I won't hold my breath.

Judge was, by all reports, excellent for Argyle - better than Gallagher. He primarily played left mid and right wing - not central.

He and Doran deserve a chance under Allardyce but I'm worried that they won't be given it. After all, at the end of last season, despite his decent sub appearance, Doran was dropped out of the blue. We have signed van Heerden, there's talk of van der Meyde, we have Diouf and Emerton - so my conclusion is that Judge and Doran are in for a barren season, unless they escape on loan.

If anything, it should be Treacy who gets the boot and Doran and Judge who get calls, but I won't hold my breath.

Sturrock favours a balance between defence and attack in central midfield, hence why Judge was out wide. I've been told he played more central coming through the academy and into the reserves, so I was hoping someone who's seen him play before Plymouth could clarify the role he was used in at Rovers. Everyone at Plymouth raves about him as they did our last loanee to them, I'm hopeful he can make the step up this year.

Treacy needs a spell of playing first team football, six months at least. Perhaps Plymouth could have him they would like a left winger! It didn't do Matty or Judge any harm we should send more players down there.

He and Doran deserve a chance under Allardyce but I'm worried that they won't be given it.

Doran showed some promise Rover6, but not enough on the day to really challenge for a starting spot. He's young and has a chance, - just give him a bit of time before you start shouting about him meritting more than a squad place.

Doran showed some promise Rover6, but not enough on the day to really challenge for a starting spot. He's young and has a chance, - just give him a bit of time before you start shouting about him meritting more than a squad place.

I'd like him to get some games under his belt this season, but on loan. He did well considering all the factors but as I've always said loans should be used more with the kids at Rovers, Doran and Treacy to Plymouth.

Hopefully Plymouths newish owners make some cash available to sturrock and he can snap up gally.

Both need a gradual introduction rather than being chucked in the deep end. They are talented but would be trodden on by nasty brutish defenders.

Still trying to catch my breath on Owen...some things just amaze you and have no grounds to them...how can he be Man U's solution after the players they short-listed?...why have scouts?...just be glad you didn't get him - not for you.

Latest on the striker search is that several - about seven or eight - names have been the subject of calls to clubs and agents...and nothing is sorted yet...but we talking potential record buys here...no point in going into names until something becomes more solid...look out for some of them leaking out from the other end [around Europe]...

And, on a different and kuch flatter note, Sheff U are the club after Tommy Smith at Watford.

Going to be ultra-busy today with the day job.

So do you really think he's off to United then Nicko, you seemed pretty sure yesterday that he would still end up at Everton.

And before you're band of merry men shoot me down in flames I'm not having a go I'm just asking a genuine question

Interesting question.

I would also like to add Doran, Treacy, Gallacher and Blackman.

Do Sam have any confidence in them and are it likely that they will feature in any games this season?

Judge - not good enough

Treacy - definitely not good enough

Gallagher - not good enough

Blackman - too young/ inex[perienced

doran - not bad

Still trying to catch my breath on Owen...some things just amaze you and have no grounds to them...how can he be Man U's solution after the players they short-listed?...why have scouts?...just be glad you didn't get him - not for you.

He's not United's answer to the players leaving Nicko.

United are in a different position to us [and a lot of other clubs] in that they will really only want about 15 games a season out of him. Clubs with smaller squads would need much more than that. If United do get those 15 games, at a price that wouldn't dent their wages budget, then I'm sure he'll repay them with a few, possibly vital, goals.

Don't you agree?

So do you really think he's off to United then Nicko, you seemed pretty sure yesterday that he would still end up at Everton.

And before you're band of merry men shoot me down in flames I'm not having a go I'm just asking a genuine question

Owen should sign for Man U now if he passes his medical. It came out of nowhere yesterday. Like I said the rumour began at Newcastle and everywhere I checked I got laughed at. Fergie was chasing better - but hard-to-get - strikers as late as Thursday morning. It's not like him to panic, but he has. How strange.

I know what the Everton delay is as a result of my calls and they are looking a bit daft now because they will probably have to buy a striker. Ho hum.

And Villa want locking up because he would have gone there too llong before Fergie had his bright idea.

All this fuss over a half-fit yesterday's man.

Judge - not good enough

Very harsh Bryan. Last season was Judge's first playing first team football (in fact, I think his first Plymouth game was his professional debut), so to do so well at Championship level indicates he definitely has something about him.

He's not United's answer to the players leaving Nicko.

United are in a different position to us [and a lot of other clubs] in that they will really only want about 15 games a season out of him. Clubs with smaller squads would need much more than that. If United do get those 15 games, at a price that wouldn't dent their wages budget, then I'm sure he'll repay them with a few, possibly vital, goals.

Don't you agree?

I see the economic sense in it...but his name just wasn't on any list until yesterday...as late as last weekend he was content to go to Everton after meeting Moyes twice.

Archived