BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fergie was chasing better - but hard-to-get - strikers as late as Thursday morning. It's not like him to panic, but he has. How strange.

I think it could be a brilliant move by Fergie, especially if the reports of 20k a wages topped up with huge performance add-ons are true. He's obviously not going to be a starter but he could be a brilliant weapon to have from the bench with the service the Man Utd midfield will give him.

I think it could be a brilliant move by Fergie, especially if the reports of 20k a wages topped up with huge performance add-ons are true. He's obviously not going to be a starter but he could be a brilliant weapon to have from the bench with the service the Man Utd midfield will give him.

Its funny how probably only the top 4 clubs - the ones that could easiest afford his huge wages - are the only ones that could get away with offering him something as low as that.

He'll score goals for them, no doubt about that.

Doran showed some promise Rover6, but not enough on the day to really challenge for a starting spot. He's young and has a chance, - just give him a bit of time before you start shouting about him meritting more than a squad place.

Doran isn't ready for the first team. He's so slight that he'd get absolutely battered. He needs to spend months in the gym building up his core before he could dream of playing regular Premier League football.

On Owen, well I think this screams 'stop gap solution'. The right striker just isn't available, or has already rejected United in favour of another club, so Fergie's bringing in Owen to fill a void until January or next summer when somebody becomes available. If that isthe case, then Owen is just about the perfect signing. He's on a free and would surely be on a contract that rewarded him remaining fit.

United have certainly taken a step backward, but with the rest of the top four remaining static, there's no reason to panic.

I thought we heard last night that the Hoillet thing was settled. The article says they are still waiting

Maybe Nicko can clear that one up GB?

As for the article itself, why would we have to wait until the last day to find a replacement for Rocky? Sam says that prices fall later in the month, but blimey, we've got the cash, we're not skint. Get on with it I say, find the striker we want and pay the money. Don't gamble on prices falling then missing out on a striker, - that would be a disaster bigger than not replacing Bentley.

Maybe Nicko can clear that one up GB?

As for the article itself, why would we have to wait until the last day to find a replacement for Rocky? Sam says that prices fall later in the month, but blimey, we've got the cash, we're not skint. Get on with it I say, find the striker we want and pay the money. Don't gamble on prices falling then missing out on a striker, - that would be a disaster bigger than not replacing Bentley.

don't you think it could be us saying that if we don't get the person we want signed then we'll end up paying less because otherwise his current club will face being stuck with a wantaway? In other words as someone said a get a move on from allardyce about a player he thinks will come.

don't you think it could be us saying that if we don't get the person we want signed then we'll end up paying less because otherwise his current club will face being stuck with a wantaway?

Don't know GB.

It's typical Rovers though, leaving everything til it's too late. I can understand it taking time when we don't have much money, but that isn't the case now. I've said it before, but if the man you want is available and you have the money then pay it, even if it seems over the odds.

don't you think it could be us saying that if we don't get the person we want signed then we'll end up paying less because otherwise his current club will face being stuck with a wantaway? In other words as someone said a get a move on from allardyce about a player he thinks will come.

No - the selling club is going to be thinking exactly the same as we were thinking in January - whats the point in selling on the last day of the window if there's no time to reinvest the cash in a replacement.

We need a deal done soon so we get a good amount of pre-season in with the key players in place.

Players must come at the right price

Allardyce is simply trying to get the best for the club

He also hasn't actually said we WILL wait til august the 31st, he has only conceded he may have to wait till then IF things don't go his way.

Our club can not afford to pay over the odds for a player, especially since every signing in modern day football is a risk, no matter who.

I do not want Rovers to end up with an Alves, simply because they now 'have the money'.

No - the selling club is going to be thinking exactly the same as we were thinking in January - whats the point in selling on the last day of the window if there's no time to reinvest the cash in a replacement.

We need a deal done soon so we get a good amount of pre-season in with the key players in place.

I think Sam is being clever in saying to potential sellers that we're not going to pay over the odds (just because we have money) because we can wait until last minute and get a bargain. Think about it a bit and you'll see what I mean...

Whilst this may be true, you do not know this for a fact. We have made several quality deadline day deals in previous years so please stop scare mongering.

I don't know if this is in the english press already but in the online newspaper "A Bola", it is mentioned that Aston Villa is going to make a £8 million for Marcus Berg, who is also, according to them, a Benfica target in case Falcão doesn't sign.

Could Sam be in for him?

Seems like a very good prospect...

ROTHEN...seems to be fed up waiting on Rovers giving him a commitment - he needs thatbefore he setles up his contract at PSG - and the club won't do it until they have other positions sorted out...so he could go elsewhere.

HOILETT...decision was made yesterday...not my fault the local paper is slow.

STRIKERS...is a very hot subject just now...and very messy...Sam saying he 'would wait' is probably because he has discovered that the targets he wanted are even more expensive than feared...but I would watch for developments a lot sooner than that.

PMs...would a couple of people like to empty their 'bins' because I need to speak with them. ;)

I think Sam is being clever in saying to potential sellers that we're not going to pay over the odds (just because we have money) because we can wait until last minute and get a bargain. Think about it a bit and you'll see what I mean...

I see exactly what you mean, just can't see any club falling for it, just like we didn't in Jan.

I see exactly what you mean, just can't see any club falling for it, just like we didn't in Jan.

I know what you mean but the psychology of putting the question in some clubs minds that they might miss out could make one or two think again. It's not quite the same situation as City in that we have multiple targets and we're not in the middle of a season. Also some clubs desperately need money.

Precisely.

We wait til August the 31st and no doubt we'll have a Bentley scenario on our hands as Den mentioned. Get the players we want in soon - certainly before a ball has been kicked this season. As others have said before, we knew Roque was most probably off months and months ago, so surely we should have drawn up a list of replacements then?

if by aug 31st we still dont have a striker in expect a 10 million pound bid for davis...... (i really hope not) :o

if by aug 31st we still dont have a striker in expect a 10 million pound bid for davis...... (i really hope not) :o

or £13million pounds that hasnt been spent and vanishes into thin air like the Bently cash did.

Wait and see, all this doom and gloom. Get real, the transfer window have been open for 48 hrs, And we are already moaning about no Super striker comming to Ewood.

Anyone here rember last season at all ? That i can understand people were moaning about, we have got 4 players already, so wait and se what happens with in the next week or so.

B)

Archived