BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Cool the civil unrest a bit...there are a lot of things being tried right now...and a few home truths being discovered about the cost of players...some major decisions about to be made...so nobody at your club is sitting on their hands or syphoning off cash for the bank or trustees or whoever...there are some serious attempts being made here...so just be patient...it won't go on until the final day...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool the civil unrest a bit...there are a lot of things being tried right now...and a few home truths being discovered about the cost of players...some major decisions about to be made...so nobody at your club is sitting on their hands or syphoning off cash for the bank or trustees or whoever...there are some serious attempts being made here...so just be patient...it won't go on until the final day...

Do some of the names you've heard give you any confidence that we're on the right track? From a Rovers fan's perspective that is (we all know you love the club ;))

Wait and see, all this doom and gloom. Get real, the transfer window have been open for 48 hrs, And we are already moaning about no Super striker comming to Ewood.

its not doom and gloom im happy with whats going on.... just hope we get di santo and the new striker... and if sam sells someone else we can get a box to box CM...

im excited about who is going to be coming in..... im positive and hope sam pulls a couple of rabits out of the hat still.....

its not doom and gloom im happy with whats going on.... just hope we get di santo and the new striker... and if sam sells someone else we can get a box to box CM...

im excited about who is going to be coming in..... im positive and hope sam pulls a couple of rabits out of the hat still.....

Ok :-) Lets all hope the best.

back to the michael owen deal, i seem to remember raised eyebrows when fergie brought in an ageing teddy sheringham instead of some big name euro striker as cantona`s replacement. that decision proved a brilliant move as the guy won them the european cup with an outstanding substitute appearance as well as some stunning league form in the years that followed.

imo if england are going to make a real impact in the coming world cup in south africa they need proven international goalscorer owen back alongside rooney, and where better to have a go at winning back his england place that at old trafford under fergie? from an england perspective i`m very happy with this move.

ROTHEN...seems to be fed up waiting on Rovers giving him a commitment - he needs thatbefore he setles up his contract at PSG - and the club won't do it until they have other positions sorted out...so he could go elsewhere.

Je*&s F*&^@ng C#@%^st!!!

JW if you're reading this:

STOP SCREWING AROUND!!

What's it take? A few phone calls and a meeting or 2?

GET IT DONE.

Je*&s F*&^@ng C#@%^st!!!

JW if you're reading this:

STOP SCREWING AROUND!!

What's it take? A few phone calls and a meeting or 2?

GET IT DONE.

I can understand your frustration but try to stay calm ;)

The board are certainly getting their priorities right.

Do some of the names you've heard give you any confidence that we're on the right track? From a Rovers fan's perspective that is (we all know you love the club ;) )

I would say the last 48 hours has been an eductaion for many within the club...now that calls are being made and prices checked it is becoming obvious that even £7 to £8 million won't get you much...some ferociously important decisions to be made here.

The only thing I would say is that it's a good job you got such a big wedge for Roque.

And, even more so now than before, £5 million for a seasoned proven Premier striker is a bargain...but £10 million is too much.

nicko: do you think sam wants to sign all his players as soon as possible, or do you think i might wait until august if the price isn't right.

and are they looking at bringing in someone on trial, or is there no point in that?

but they are not thinking on going for davies are they? would go for tucay for £5 mill myself, regardless of his huge wages

And, even more so now than before, £5 million for a seasoned proven Premier striker is a bargain...but £10 million is too much.

It may look like a better deal by the day, but it'll never be a bargain.

I can understand your frustration but try to stay calm ;)

The board are certainly getting their priorities right.

Thank you for the consideration RIML. I just don't want to lose this guy for ridiculous reasons.

When we're this far along with something it's down to final discussions,..........terms.........medical,

............done. If he's not our guy, fine. If he is, then let's stop messing about.

but they are not thinking on going for davies are they? would go for tucay for £5 mill myself, regardless of his huge wages

Tuncay is a good player but we need to spend our money on a striker who is going to bang in the goals for us. Tuncay is not a great goalscorer - 15 in 67 for Boro according to the ever reliable wikipedia shows that he is not what we probably want right now.

nicko: do you think sam wants to sign all his players as soon as possible, or do you think i might wait until august if the price isn't right.

and are they looking at bringing in someone on trial, or is there no point in that?

the games up sam, we know who you are

Why?

There are times in life when five minutes after you do something you come to realise that what you did wasn't funny. Braddock, this is one of those occassions and I'm sorry. I thought that he looked way too young to be writing professionally.

Forgot to mention...Gignac is likely to go to Lyon as Benzema's replacement...although Toulouse are holding out for fortunes...think he was one of those you sniffed around.

It's a tough old game right now.

I would say the last 48 hours has been an eductaion for many within the club...now that calls are being made and prices checked it is becoming obvious that even £7 to £8 million won't get you much...

It's certainly been an education for me. Worldwide recession, unemployment rising, more bankruptcies ( not to mention people starving around the world ) and footballers demanding and apparently getting more and more money. We can't find a decent striker for less than 10 million pounds and if we can they want more than 50,000 pounds per week.

At the beginning of all this transfer merry-go-round I wasn't too happy with Sam & the scouts but now I realise how difficult it is. I was very much against Kevin Davies for 5 million. Now it looks like it would have been a snip ......

Thank you for the consideration RIML. I just don't want to lose this guy for ridiculous reasons.

When we're this far along with something it's down to final discussions,..........terms.........medical,

............done. If he's not our guy, fine. If he is, then let's stop messing about.

It's ok :) I'm sure Sam doesn't want to panic buy wingers, when strengthening other positions is the main priority. Hope we get someone in soon the talk of leaving it until August is slightly worrying. :o

I would say the last 48 hours has been an eductaion for many within the club...now that calls are being made and prices checked it is becoming obvious that even £7 to £8 million won't get you much...some ferociously important decisions to be made here.

The only thing I would say is that it's a good job you got such a big wedge for Roque.

Seems a bit odd when the Premier League remains the only league with any real spending power (except for the Spanish Fantasy League with Real Madrid in it). Would think things were going back towards "normal" rather than continuing to spiral out of control - I guess the Ronaldo transfer set a benchmark for this summer eh?

Big Sam's statement strikes me as another way of saying we won't be held for ransom. JW is a tough negotiator but hopefully he won't be haggling all the way to deadline/dooms day :) I think they recognise the need to get a striker as early as possible but August 31 is better than never.

Archived