BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I'm wondering if all this Davies malarky has been a bit of upwards management by Sam.

'News' of Davies being Sam's apparently one and only target comes out and generates 50 pages of fan response, mixed to say the least. JW was here for at least part of Davies Part I, so he will have hardly been jumping for joy. So then, the only way Sam can be persuaded to look elsewhere is if the purse-strings are loosened and a record transfer is contemplated. Not bad by Sam if his real frustration was the shortage of funds from the RSC sale coming his way.

I wonder if JW is now realising Sam might be a bit harder to manage than was Ince

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worry about the common sense of some on here, Rothen or whoever else it may be, exept a striker, will be on the back burner until a striker is sorted out, Sam and the board need to know whats left in the coffers after the purchase of a striker, which is the priority!!

I really think the board are trying here but the cost of players is been driven up due to Real and Citys unrealistic value of players, in all fairness, Roque was not in the real sense an £18 million player, its gone silly and unless something happens soon, the bubble which is football will burst with an almighty bang.

So be patient and back the board who in difficult times are keeping our club in a much better position than most!!

why we have to wait until we make a big centre-forward signing in order to sign a midfielder on a free is perplexing.

We didn't hold van heerden back, so why make rothen wait?

Also, why is it now that the board are finding out just how expensive decent players really are? It's quite alarming that they're only finding this out NOW, and it's holding us back.

could someone at ewood please extract a digit? Ta

Maybe Nicko can clear that one up GB?

As for the article itself, why would we have to wait until the last day to find a replacement for Rocky? Sam says that prices fall later in the month, but blimey, we've got the cash, we're not skint. Get on with it I say, find the striker we want and pay the money. Don't gamble on prices falling then missing out on a striker, - that would be a disaster bigger than not replacing Bentley.

Cant argue with that Den,lets not play silly buggers eh Rovers.A big signing will also boost season ticket sales.

why we have to wait until we make a big centre-forward signing in order to sign a midfielder on a free is perplexing.

We didn't hold van heerden back, so why make rothen wait?

Wages could have something to do with it. van Heerden's wages are probably low enough that we can afford them regardless of what we'll pay the striker, whereas Rothen's perhaps aren't.

It's ok :) I'm sure Sam doesn't want to panic buy wingers, when strengthening other positions is the main priority. Hope we get someone in soon the talk of leaving it until August is slightly worrying. :o

He's not being bought for the wing RIML. If he comes it will be for the middle of a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or the left of a 4-3-2-1. He's the Tugay replacement.

Wait and see, all this doom and gloom. Get real, the transfer window have been open for 48 hrs, And we are already moaning about no Super striker comming to Ewood.

Anyone here rember last season at all ? That i can understand people were moaning about, we have got 4 players already, so wait and se what happens with in the next week or so.

B)

How many times? The transfer window opened when the last Prem game was played in May.

why we have to wait until we make a big centre-forward signing in order to sign a midfielder on a free is perplexing

Because at the moment Rothen isn't a free. He is contracted to PSG who would like a fee. The only way round that is getting Rothen to buy his contract out, which i'm not sure how workable that is, as doesn't a certain notice period have to be given?

Either way we now have an extra body in Hoilett and some things may have changed. We need 2 strikers, then concentrate on getting a CM.

How many times? The transfer window opened when the last Prem game was played in May.

Actually the transfer window opened on the 1st June for England and the 1st July for some European countries. There are different rules for some of the Nordic countries because their seasons run at different times than ours.

There are times in life when five minutes after you do something you come to realise that what you did wasn't funny. Braddock, this is one of those occassions and I'm sorry. I thought that he looked way too young to be writing professionally.

But usually first impressions are correct.

Juve have made a statement that they for sure will off load Christian Poulsen and David Trezeguet within the next 10 days. But the fee for those two would proberly be out off our league.

But both would be class signings in my opion.

Actually the transfer window opened on the 1st June for England and the 1st July for some European countries. There are different rules for some of the Nordic countries because their seasons run at different times than ours.

Not according to Grooby and the English one is the only one that matters to Rovers.

I wouldn't have thought the fee for Poulson would be that big, but depends what type of CM big sam is after. He is a cracking DM, but I think we need more on the creative side and the fee would then leave us short for going elsewhere and getting a striker in.

Not according to Grooby and the English one is the only one that matters to Rovers.

That's according to the FA. As for whether the July transfer window matters to us or not, depends if we want to buy and foreign players doesn't it?

Forgot to mention...Gignac is likely to go to Lyon as Benzema's replacement...although Toulouse are holding out for fortunes...think he was one of those you sniffed around.

It's a tough old game right now.

Yeah, read that in the French press but got sidetracked from posting it sooner by a classful of kids needing my attention.

That's according to the FA. As for whether the July transfer window matters to us or not, depends if we want to buy and foreign players doesn't it?

I used to argue this point until I read the FA rulebook on it a couple of weeks ago, it actually states in there that the transfer window opens after the last game of the season.

Cant argue with that Den,lets not play silly buggers eh Rovers.A big signing will also boost season ticket sales.

Problem is, we could easily do a Boro and sign a striker for 10mill, and he turns out a flop. We need to be careful, as there is still January to sign more players. If this is all the money we get for the season, and we dont use it wisely, then i can see us struggling if we dont get off to a flying start. Reid and Dunn, are not guaranteed to stay fit, and Sam is playing with fire if he doesnt bring in a few more midfielders as cover. Yes we need strikers, but they not going to be effective if our midfielders are getting treatment all the time

Well that is your job.

Precisely. Hence why I am careful to only post on here in breaks, lunchtimes, free periods or after school. Although sometimes the kids do arrive just in the middle of a good discussion and then it's a bit frustrating! :D

Negredo is being offered to Liverpool as part of the Alonso swap deal...oh dear...think he was on the Rovers list too....good players are hard to pin down.

You've built us up all week, getting us excited, and now your pulling the rug from under our feet! :-)

I've no doubt I'm on my own with this but if prices really are that high where average strikers are pushing double figures I'd rather not sign anybody. Transfer fees always ebb and flow, massive one year reasonable the next and in our position we need to get bang for our buck.

We already have Bennie who when fit and motivated is a good prem striker..

Roberts can do a job and isn't as bad as many make out, coupled with potentially the lad from Chelsea.

If we were able to get one more striker of a decent standard on loan then we'd have enough. Sunderland managed it with Cisse ect. And maybe a cheep gamble on somebody unknown.

Yeah it's exciting buying a guy for 10mill+ but we might not get this amount of money again for a while and I for one really don't want to see it wasted.

Yeah we might struggle a bit but if we get this signing wrong or the guy turns out to be pants/gets injured were in the same position just with no money to buy our way out if it in Jan.

Good cheap strikers do become available as we've proven before with Rocky and Bennie and they will again. It's all about the right timing and not panic buying at the wrong time

Archived