BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I used to argue this point until I read the FA rulebook on it a couple of weeks ago, it actually states in there that the transfer window opens after the last game of the season.

Yep, my mistake.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko,

Earlier you said that Oscar Cardozo was one of the names being considered but said that they had been quoted "silly money".

How silly is silly?

Silly as in there is no way Rovers could possibly get close to their valuation or silly, but could be negotiated to something that they could stretch to? Especially as they seem to have had their eyes opened to the current market values (Thank M. City for the inflation!!).

I know he wouldn't be an option as a first choice striker, but does anyone else feel we may have missed a trick not signing Steven Fletcher? £3m seems like a good deal when you look at the prices elsewhere.

You've built us up all week, getting us excited, and now your pulling the rug from under our feet! :-)

You have gone in for some very good players in the last few days...and discovered how hard this is going to be...

With all due respect I could never see Gignac coming to Rovers, but someone like Negredo was realistic - you never know Liverpool might not want him and you could step in.

If you think the transfer market is an esy place you are kidding yourself. Rovers are trying hard here and confirming some of their darkest fears.

By the way there may some slashing of wrists tomorrow when some news creeps out, but I would advise you relax about this one. Can't say any more just now.

I would say the last 48 hours has been an eductaion for many within the club...now that calls are being made and prices checked it is becoming obvious that even £7 to £8 million won't get you much...some ferociously important decisions to be made here.

The only thing I would say is that it's a good job you got such a big wedge for Roque.

And, even more so now than before, £5 million for a seasoned proven Premier striker is a bargain...but £10 million is too much.

Why won't we go for Van Nistelrooy then, £1.5million is a snip really, even at his age. I know his wages are a stumbling block, but if we negotiated a deal with him that suits both parties, goal/appearance bonuses?

Surely he doesn't expect to be earning £120,000 a week nowadays. Then again, this is the trouble now with these big clubs paying over the top wages, it makes it so hard for the smaller clubs to compete, he'd probably rather stay in their reserve side picking up a top wage than play a competitive level of football.

I know he wouldn't be an option as a first choice striker, but does anyone else feel we may have missed a trick not signing Steven Fletcher? £3m seems like a good deal when you look at the prices elsewhere.

Possibly, but he is not the type of player Sam wants, he wants a player who can play as a lone striker/Target man so Fletcher, Villa, Berg, Bent etc are not an option, this is what I have been tring to say, unless they are able to do the job they are bought for, what is the point??

Sam knows the type of player he wants, they are around, but at highly inflated prices!!

Possibly, but he is not the type of player Sam wants, he wants a player who can play as a lone striker/Target man so Fletcher, Villa, Berg, Bent etc are not an option, this is what I have been tring to say, unless they are able to do the job they are bought for, what is the point??

Sam knows the type of player he wants, they are around, but at highly inflated prices!!

Ok ok Sam has a system. If we can't get a player to fit this system then I'm sure he'd have the tactical nous to make it work with a different player who isn't heavily overpriced. If not why are mangers being payed as much as they are?

This isn't the Sunday league for gods sake. And if you honestly believe his tactics are as simple as pumping it up to a big target man for others to feed off then I think and hope your mistaken.

I play semi pro and that's the way we set up to play! Premier league it isn't believe me

Forgot to mention...Gignac is likely to go to Lyon as Benzema's replacement...although Toulouse are holding out for fortunes...think he was one of those you sniffed around.

It's a tough old game right now.

Here in Portugal is is rumoured that Lyon is close to signing Lisandro Lopez from FC Porto and might want Cissoko as well....

• Backroom

I would guess the bad news is over Sam and JW falling out over targets and Sam wanting to pay over the odds for Davies.

But usually first impressions are correct.

I'm not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. I think you possess some form of personality genius mixed with such a heightened sense of sarcasm that makes you unreadable through the written word. You are a hero to me.

Archived